Week 13: Rams 41 Vikings 38

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bluebean, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

Oct 8, 2009
    Week 13: Rams 41 Vikings 38

St. Louis Rams 41 Minnesota Vikings 38

The Rams keep fighting for their playoff lives and improve to 8-4 with a 41-38 track meet with the Minnesota Vikings. Good Game by Scikotic who filled in for the absent Frisk this week. It was a very evenly matched game which seen both teams rush and pass for just over 200 yards in which the Rams outgained the Vikings in total yards 467-462. The running backs were hard to stop in this one as well as the speedy wide recievers on both clubs. Here is a quick scoring summary.

1st Quarter:

1st play from scrimmage the Rams Steven Jackson breaks multiple tackles and rumbles 73 yards for a TD run. 7-0 Rams

1st play from scrimmage the Vikings Adrian Peterson breaks multiple tackles and runs for a 72 yard TD run. 7-7.

Vikings tack on a FG with 3:08 to go in the quarter and make it 10-7 Vikings.

2nd Quarter:

Rams Joseph Addai takes a pitch the left and weaves his way 55 yards for a TD run to give the Rams the lead 14-10.

Vikings Percy Harvin comes right back with a 74 yard catch and run on a crossing route which gave the Vikings the lead right back at 17-14.

Rams run out of time and run on the field to kick a 19 yard Josh Brown FG to tie this game at 17-17 at halftime.

3rd Quarter:

The Vikings WR D. Williams catches a screen pass and takes it 48 yards for the score to give the Vikings a 24-17 lead.

The Rams then score on a screen of their own to B. Foster from 8 yards out to tie this game once again 24-24.

4th Quarter:

Josh Brown puts the Rams ahead from 20 yards out with 4:25 to go. Rams 27-24.

Vikings then hand it to Adrian Peterson on the first play from scrimmage and he breaks multiple tackles again and goes 80 yards this time to give the Vikings a 31-27 lead with 4:11 remaining.

Rams go down the field and are able to score on a Cassel to Addai swing pass from 8 yards to put the Rams back in the lead at 34-31 with 2:51 remaining.

Vikings then look to come back but McNabb throws an errant pass that James Sanders picks off and returns to the house to make it 41-31 with 1:52 left.

Vikings then go straight down the field quickly and score on a McNabb to D. Williams 34 yard TD pass to cut the Rams lead to 41-38 with :55 seconds remaining

The onside kick was recovered by Joseph Addai and the Rams are winners 41-38.

St. Louis Rams 8-4
    Minnesota Vikings 6-6
  2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Apr 14, 2010
    Yea, another game that I had the lead in the 2nd half, and I let it get away. It's standard...

Peterson is a freak. It's nearly impossible to not have 100 yards with this guy. He breaks every tackle and is faster than most players on the field. If he breaks one, its off to the races....

McNabb held this team back today. He was wildly inaccurate on a few plays, and a few critical 3rd downs. He was taking pressure from the Rams front 7 and couldn't deliver the passes in the face of the defense. A couple of costly picks swung momentum in the Rams favor. He also was missing his favorite target, Percy Harvin, for most of the game...

Adrian Peterson, Percy Harvin, and OJ Otagwe all went down with injuries in the game. Peterson missed 1 quarter, Harvin was injured from the 2nd quarter on for the rest of the game, Otagwe missed the remainder from the 3rd, and will miss 2 weeks with a broken jaw.

Otagwe is the only one to miss time after this week. Sorry Frisk.
  3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Oct 8, 2009
    haha its all good sciko.
  4. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Mar 5, 2010
    Dammit Bluebean...you aren't gonna let me take a week off!
  5. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

Oct 8, 2009
    My playoffs start now. I'm 8-4 but i'll need to beat the playoff contenders to make the real playoffs. 49ers twice and the Cowboys in the next 3 weeks. I consider myself an underdog in all 3 but will just have to play my best and hope for breaks.