Week 13 | Season 1 Results

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by sawemoff, Jul 27, 2012.

1. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG]
    Beavers Clip Ducks In Annual Civil War Game!
    In a very windy and snowy game the Oregon State Beavers hosted the #9 Oregon Ducks. One would think that with horrible playing conditions there would be a lot of mistakes through fumbles and interceptions. There wasn't any at all except the FGs missed by both teams. The game would start out in a defensive struggle and rightfully so due to the weather conditions. But through rain, sleet or snow the Ducks would not be stopped with about two minutes left in the first. QB Bryan Bennett would shrug off one defender, scramble around and hit an open Rashaad Vaughn for the 42 yard TD. The second quarter was a repeat of the first but this time Oregon State would manage to come away with 6 points. Freshman starter Storm Woods started to get going but the Duck defense held strong keeping OSU on the one yard line for three plays. Trevor Romaine would come out and kick the 18 yard FG to get his team on the board. A few more punts would occur and the two minute drill would be on for Sean Mannion and company. He would lead them down field with enough time on the clock for Romaine to come back out and cut the lead to single digits. Ducks would go into the half up 7-6.​
    The second half was exciting and drama filled all the way down to the final seconds. This game was a cat and mouse game and whatever defense would pounce on a mistake would have won the game. Not so fast my friends. Both QBs played spectacular and with both OC's mixing it up really well the defense's had a hard time catching up. I wouldn't say that the defense played a bigger role than the snow in the third and fourth quarter. Even with WRs falling down left and right the QBs would either take the sack or just throw where no one could get to it. The opening drive for OSU proved just how good RB Storm Woods could be. He would not go down lightly after the first hit, which really put a strain on the Ducks defense. After a solid drive to get into scoring position backup RB Jovan Stevenson would take it in. In the fourth quarter Oregon had to make big plays on both sides of the ball or the game would be over. Bennett would lead his team twice down the field and the rest would all fall on K Alejandro Maldonado's leg. The first kick would be an easy 28 yarder but the last one was a bit tougher. OSU would ice him with 11 seconds left in the game in hopes he would miss. Maldonado kicked it perfectly through the uprights to send the game into OT.​
    OT was a heart pounding battle between these two teams but they both had the nerves of steel. OSU would start off with the ball on offense and two plays later would get into the endzone. It was a designed pass play and when Sean Mannion looked over and saw one on one coverage with their star wideout Marksu Wheaton he knew what to do.​
    The game was all in Oregon's hands. All they had to do was answer back and force a 2 OT. Bennett would be clutch on two third down and long attempts, but once they were down into the redzone OSU made the stops they needed to win the game. On 3rd down the Beaver defenders swarmed all of the WRs but Bennett found an opening and darted in their. Luckily the hit delivered by FR SS Peter Ashton jarred the ball loose. Here we go, the last play of the game. Again the defense puckered up and was able to deflect the ball down to complete the upset. Hell of a game Danthraxxx!!!​
    FINAL SCORE: 30-13
    PLAYER OF THE GAME: QB Sean Mannion- 14/21, 223 yards, 1 TD

• Like Like x 2
  2. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Can't wait to get to the edit room for that game !

• Like Like x 1
  3. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

UNC 42
    Maryland 10

Never a doubt in this one, as I put up 14 points before the offense took a snap. I played 2nd and 3rd stringers for most of the game, as I've suffered enough injuries already this season. The Heels now improve to 11-1 and have a perfect conference/user record. They will go on to play the formidable Seminoles of FSU in the conference championship game next week.

WATCH IN HD

• Like Like x 1
  4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

sawemoff I finally got the game footage , had to cut it from 14 min video down though :( Just would not upload at that size I guess .....

• Like Like x 3
  5. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

That sucks you couldn't upload the 14 minute one! Can't wait for another game like this.