Week 13, Season 2 - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 28, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

We have advance to Week 13!

Advance Schedule:
    -when everyone that can play plays or
    -Tuesday 330pmEST

Week Notes:
    -Tbone gets boned by horrid New Mexico St... twice
    -Weave is finally ranked
    -Akron is a recruiting juggernaut
    -Plague falling faster than Bonners pants that he can't seem to keep up under his front belly flap
    -Washington State o-coordinator irks some fans by referring to entire team as "his"... word is he doesn't give a rip cuz everything in this world is his and he hates washington state anyways
    -Mullen is a cheater
    -mormon is a....errrr......mormon (notice positioning with regard to being a cheater)

2. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

unoriginal

3. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

the guy who took a restart calling someone else a cheater. i love the irony.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Sweet I have two bye weeks in a row to think about getting worked over by NMSU.

5. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

UTEP clinches spot in C-USA championship game. beat memphis 44-7. struggled in first half mightily, woke up in second half. utep fans are pissed at coach weaver for pulling heisman candidate (currently 2 in voting) Josiah young early in the third quarter up by 20.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

I've got one hell of a final game coming up. My contract is heavy on winning 6 games(I'm 5-6), finishing in BCS, top100(currently99), I just lost big points for losing to a lower ranked team(NMSU), and just personal pride in finishing .500 and bowl eligible. This is my final contract year so if I can beat Hawaii then I should be okay to renew my contract. If I lose then very easily I could become a coach with another team. Excited to see how things shake out.

Congrats UTEP!

7. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Bowling Green dominates Temple from the start of this one. I also sat my starters after the 1st half and with that win, Bowling Green is gauranteed a spot in the MAC championship game and with a 9-2 record, sitting pretty with a rivarly game against Toledo all that is left

• Like Like x 1
  8. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

And I bet you the fans aren't the only one pissed at Josiah Young being pulled. Just ask Josiah himself.

Side note: For the love of the league. Would the Ravishing One please make his avatar a pic of Rick Rude!!

• Like Like x 2
  9. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

WKU loses another close game in OT.....by 6, at 3-7 its been a tough season....losing 3 games by a TD or less and a 4th other by 11. Games that should have been won!

At 44% job security the fire zone is close....with Troy and ULL/Bulldog left...it will be tough to pick up a win....4 games needed....but in year 2 of a 3 year contract, so may squeek by..assuming the Commish allows me back??

Threw 2 picks today, got 2, one returned for a TD....so for the season we are at 4+....a vast improvement compared to last season when we were -15 and then some....

Just need to get more confident in passing and stop the big plays...

Still having fun...but some days it is painful!

How long does it take to learn this video game stuff?.......At 63 I have a limited time left!

10. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I would say by 65, your are going to be one bad mamma jamma

• Like Like x 2
  11. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Thanks Matt....the same year I start to draw social security...probably need to update the big screen from 48" to 62"...eyes starting to fail...

12. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Get your db's ready Pops. Troy is no joke. That qb threw for over 400 yards on me and with ease. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you take them down

13. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

Just an FYI, but my game this week shows as it was restarted. After I finished my recruiting, I went to play the game but it was running incredibly slow. The time it took to load the game and then get to the kick off took forever. I did kick the ball off to New Mexico, but then it took forever to load again once I picked my defense. At that point, I rebooted the PS3 and cleaned the disc and it worked fine from there. No need to cheat to win against NM, last week on the other hand would have been nice.

14. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

If the Ravishing one can figure out how to upload photos and especially a logo then I can make that happen.

15. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

you are the ravishing one

16. vatechhokie01

our schedule is easy as crap and the ACC is an absolute joke. anything less than 12-0 with this schedule and conference is a huge dissappointment, plain and simple. If we go we most likely get FSU in the ACC champ game and who knows what happens there.

Reality? Safe bet is 10-2 (again) and with some horrid loss (app st, ecu, etc) along the way, a loss to FSU in the ACC champ game, and a trip to some bowl that is lame in content.

Either way, another fun year of huge expectation and eventual success/mediocrity I'm sure. But I'll enjoy kicking UVA's teeth in by like 35pts for the 1,345th straight time and I absolutely love me some David Wilson. That kid is an absolute freak. Absolute.... freak.

P.S. I think with UNC and Miami about to get punted into no-man's land for years, most of the VT faithful are scared as crap about the suckiness of the ACC and are indeed praying for the SEC (which does seem more likely with the instability of the ACC and the growing talks about mutual interest, conf expansion (which IS coming in some form), except for of course the fact that Doug Gottlieb apparently thinks Manchester United is getting a SEC invite).

17. vatechhokie01

clearly i'm still an idiot (coordinating is making me dumber) and this was supposed to go in the other new thread. apologies... dbags.

but I...CANT...WAIT...FOR FOOTBALL!!!!!!!

18. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

there's that vt degree at work.

19. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Well isn't VT a vocational school, like welding, woodworking...and all of which I value highly however.....it makes one wonder???

20. vatechhokie01

you aren't allowed to make fun of a VT degree when you went to VCU and Christopher Newport. No vicarious UVA degrees please.

21. vatechhokie01

teams stats updated! we need some coachs hot seat and power rankings updates!

22. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Check those stats...not looking right from a format standpoint...

23. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

haha...someone's getting a bit testy. I can't make fun of VT since I didn't go to UVA?

24. vatechhokie01

correct. lol.

25. vatechhokie01

look fine to me.

P.S. I did change the TO Margin stats to reflect ranking rather than actual +/-, as to give more appropriate avg total rankings for programs