Week 13 Season 3

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Jan 23, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]
    Advance Max: Wednesday @10PM EST
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  2. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

I've got my eyes on fuzzyl0gic squaring off vs -Cougars- in a big time Pac-12 game. But, dont sleep on MNoffke vs Oshiomogho. If Oshi can get his offense going in that game, it could be a barnburner and at least closer than the experts predict.

Predictions?

My division mate Cougars reps the South and beats up on Washington while Noff pulls out a thriller in Utah.

• Like Like x 1
  3. IrishBearcat

I'm picking UCLA as well to win, but I think fuzzy has a very solid team and is VERY capable of the upset. I like Utah in a very close win! :)

4. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

HA! im starting a walkon QB! and even he has bruised ribs
    But I'll give it my all and sling the rock all over the field

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'm predicting MURK gets blown out by Oregon.

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Washington State loses to Oregon 51-48

We came back from 22 down in the fourth quarter to tie it up, and lost on a game winning FG.

Once again my quarterback was sacked 8 times, but still managed to throw for 637 yards completing 29 of 51 passes for 4 TDs and 3 INTs.

7. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Well due to my internet going out after leading 17-7 last night fuzzy and I have decided to just replay it all together tonight..

8. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

You better not have aggressive hits on this time, those 2 fumbles were BS and the only reason you had a lead!

9. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Colorado 17
    Florida 14

Colorado wins a hard fought game, scoring a touchdown for the win with under 10 seconds left. Colorado struggled most of the game, and you could really see the talent difference on the field, but still, took a 3-0 lead into the half. Florida would come back though and break tackles to their first score of the game to make it 7-3. Colorado wouldn't back down though and ended a touchdown drive with a 24 yard pass to Paul Richardson. Colorado would get the ball back and have a chance to run the clock out, but was forced to punt. Florida would march down and throw and then miss the game tying field goal with just under 2 minutes left in the game. Colorado ran the ball twice, but threw on 3rd down to try to get the 1st down and seal the game. Nick Hirschman would throw an interception and Florida had the ball with over a minute, and only 20 yards to go for a touchdown. Mack Brown did exactly what he had done all day, break tackles and run into the end zone for what Florida considered the game winning score. Colorado would have the ball with 40 seconds left, and all 3 timeouts to score. Paul Richardson would catch a pass and fall down at the 1 yard line to run more clock. Nick Hirschman would sneak it in from there. Colorado finally pulls out the victory, after losing 3 straight Pac 12 games. They move to 7-4 on the year, and have a chance for an 8 win season when Arizona comes to town in the final regular season game.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Oregon State and I are gonna be kicking off very soon
    I'll be streaming this one as Utah is at home, looking for the big upset

11. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Aggressive hits weren't on your QB fumbled off of a direct hit, and your HB fumbled because of a user hit. I have no control of when your guys are going to fumble or not.

• Like Like x 1
  12. fuzzyl0gic

;)

13. IrishBearcat

Oregon State get's picked off 6 times in a 3-34 loss to Oshio's Utes, CALLED IT!

-Cougars- has the South locked up, and MNoffke + fuzzyl0gic are battling for the North. Noff owns the tiebreaker over Washington, but his loss gives the Huskies a 1 game lead. I predict OSU to blow out Oregon, and with Pac-12 champ UCLA up on the schedule and a Washington State team that can pull off an upset, fuzzy will have to really play well to lock down an invite to the big dance.

Prediction: OSU v UCLA rematch in the CCG

14. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

[​IMG]

Not Just Any Given Saturday

Utah: 34
    #5 Oregon State: 3

Rough day at the office for the Oregon State offense against a fired up Ute defense today. Even after getting what appeared to be a big INT on the first drive, OSU gave it right back and on a fumble that Utah turned into points and it was all downhill from there. 4 different Beavers threw passes including their punter and 3 guys at QB but non of them even eclipsed more then 54 yards and the trio combined for 6 INTs. What set up the poor day passing could have been the terrific run defense the Utes brought, holding Jackson to just 65 yards, many of which he racked up in the final minutes of the game.

On the flip side, it wasnt much of an offensive day for Utah either. After promising to come out aggressive all game and throw the ball downfield, Nixon only ended the day with 6 completions for 85 yards and didnt even throw a pass in the 2nd half. In fact, the Utes only ran 1 play the entire 3rd quarter when Ward took a wildcat draw up the middle for 80 yards. Palamo only managed 11 carries and got 61 yards and a TD while Newton used his 4 for 23 yards.

The Ute defense had its best game of the season. Reilly, Heimuli and Kruger all managed a sack from their DL spots and got good pressure on the day without blitzing much and it helped big time in the secondary. Rowe pulled down 3 INTs on the day including a late 90 yard pick 6. Dangerfield pulled in 2 picks including an 77 yard pick 6. Reese ended the game by snatching a screen which he may have been able to take all the way as well if he wanted. & more passes were batted down in a tremendous effort for a questionable secondary. The only bad moment on the day was when top corner Darren Harrison landed awkwardly in the 2nd quarter and dislocated his Elbow. the same injury that has kept the nations top KR man, Lucky Radley out since week 2. Harrison's season is most likely over.

The win puts Utah in bowl eligability again this year, and back to 4-4 in conference. With a loss to COlorado early in the year, it's most likely that the Utes will finish 3rd in the P12 south and 6th overall. The loss for OSU eliminates any slim hopes at a national title shot but still leaves them battling for a BCS bowl. Unfortunately they may be the odd man out if UCLA and Washington secure BCS games first.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

Finally had my worst game in three seasons! Down goes Frazier! Also, helluva game plan u came out with.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  16. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

bout f'n time.

17. fuzzyl0gic

-Cougars- I just walked in, can you play in 10-15 mins?

18. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Well that's lovely, I have to take care of work, are you staying in all day? If so give me like 30 minutes to an hour. If I finish earlier I will text you.

19. fuzzyl0gic

Yeah I'm off work, lmk when you're ready.

20. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

getting on now

21. fuzzyl0gic

Well -Cougars- and I had an epic game going, I was leading 14-13 in the third quarter and driving down the field after holding Cougs to a FG on his previous drive. Coug's internet crapped out on him for a second time, so we restarted the game and we were going to play to the half and pretend I'm up 1 (and the 'winner' finishes against the CPU). I scored a TD, and was going for a short FG when we got disconnected for a third time. Cougs told me to finish against the CPU, so I mainly super-simmed the rest. Shame we couldn't get a complete game in -Cougars- hopefully it gets resolved before the CCG.

22. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

ya! i hate your internet! We went from a terrific 3 quarters of play to restarting and my players not showing up.

23. fuzzyl0gic

Eh? You mean you and Cougs got disconnected also? I'm confused.

24. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Yea we had a great ass game going I was up by 1. Only to have the internet go out and us replaying and I caught a ton of breaks. This was directed to Oshiomogho

25. fuzzyl0gic

IrishBearcat Murk and I are going to play after you advance tonight.