Week 13, Season 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mmullen8, Jan 8, 2012.

1. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

WE moved...
    WE move again Tuesday morning.

Kent state vs EMU for the irrelevant bowl 2

2. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Pro let me know if you can play tonight or today. 6509546838

3. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Btw... that's a Heath advance thread. Sad.

• Like Like x 2
  4. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

not even close buddy, this emu vs kent state game is soooooooo huge, I wanted to spotlight it

5. Pro

Pro Walk On

REVENGE!!
    Kent State head coach Andrew Profio has had a disdain for Eastern Michigan ever since the Eagles beat his Flashes two seasons ago. "From the moment I got into Kent, we have been talking trash back and forth. It was disappointing to lose that game because we knew we had the better team." Profio said. Last season the two teams played but it was a simmed game, so this was the first time the schools have played since that EMU win in Dix Stadium. "Our kids were fired up for this game." Profio added.​
    Coming off a two game losing streak, which saw their two game MAC East lead became a tie, the Flashes got their revenge. Winning 34-14 at Dix Stadium. EMU got the ball first and promptly went three and out. The first drive for Kent ended with senior power back Trayion Durham finding the endzone from 16 yards out. Kent would strike again when senior linebacker Steve Mehrer picked off a Mark Iannotti pass and returned it 75 yards to the house . ​
    Eastern Michigan would get on the board with a Ryan Brumfield two yard touchdown run. Robert Holloman would answer for the Flashes with his two yard touchdown run. Iannotti would find Chris Wright for a 56 yard touchdown strike, which brought the Eagles within a touchdown at 21-14. That would be the last points that EMU would score the rest of the game. Robert Holloman would find the endzone again, this time from one yard out to push the tally to 28-14 Kent at halftime. ​
    A pair of Grant Cooper field goals and some hard running by Durham and Holloman would preserve the Flashes lead during the second half. After four quarters it was 34-14 Kent. ​
    Kent's defense stepped up big after several weeks of mediocre play. The vaunted defensive line added four sacks to their impressive season total, and the secondary picked off 4 Iannotti passes. The Eagles were held to just -1 yard rushing on the game, but the put up a respectable 260 yards through the air. For the Flashes it was a balanced attack as they picked up 155 yards on the ground and 180 through the air. Kent also had no turnovers and doubled EMU's 9 mins of possession.​
    Kent improves to 7-4 (5-2 in the MAC) and are one game away from making it to their first ever MAC Championship game, all they must do is win against Ohio and they are in. EMU falls to 4-7 (2-5) on the year.​

• Like Like x 3
  6. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

great write up

7. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Memphis heads to dallas and has a bounce back win against Rice. WR Malone had another good day, scoring a TD reception, a kick return and almost taking a punt to the house. Give me some heisman buzz for this kid already. Memphis gets win #9, and currently is slated to face WKU in a bowl game rematch that i would love

• Like Like x 1
  8. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

With a win in Chapel Hill, the Canes punch theit ticket to the ACC championship game and a showdown with Clemson. #1 vs. #2 will be a game for the ages!

• Like Like x 1
  9. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

I tip my hat to Coach Profio. He played with class and beat me up and down the field with his run game. EMU hasn't stopped the run all year. Ranked 120th against the run coming in Coach Pro played to EMU's weakness.

Good game Coach. Looking forward to a rematch next year.

10. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Advancing a little late this go around, Tbone is supposed to be playing over his lunch break. Will hard advance (that what she said) at 9 pm ct NO MATTER WHAT

11. Goose

Goose Walk On

Isn't lil' Matty so cute when he sets up his own "that's what she said" jokes. (y)

• Like Like x 2
  12. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

SJSU wins against a more than tough enough SDSU team. Conf championship game is within our grasps if we can just take care of Tulane next week.