Week 13, Season 6 - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Mar 6, 2012.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

We have advanced.

Next Advance:
    -Thursday, noon EST

Last Week:
    -After 2 losses and resets, Bonner finally gets his win
    -'Cuse gets their sim win

This Week:
    -i got nothing.

2. Goose

Goose Walk On

How in the hell am I still signing guys? I've cleared my board for the last 4 weeks. This is ridiculous.

3. vatechhokie01

^^you have been issued a 20scholarship per year reduction for the next 10 season. -The NCAA Board of Sanctions

4. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

In the battle of Tennessee I cruise to a 30-0 victory to become bowl eligible! I still can not pass to save my life but all is good.

Also I wish I had goose's problem as I can not sign a damn recruit!

5. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

LSU posts second straight shutout, destroys Ole Miss 56-0.

+5 turnover margin. In 11 games, I am +26 and have picked 30 passes.

Oh...I just also realized that I have won 41 straight games.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  6. Goose

Goose Walk On

Good luck with that.

7. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I am playing tonight! Feels like months since my last game. Probably going to lose....

• Like Like x 1
  8. vatechhokie01

Duke sucks.

9. Goose

Goose Walk On

As usual EA has screwed up again and the e-mails are just repeating old signings. I'm at 11 seniors with 70 and 11 signed recruits. My recruiting board is bare minus 1 guy incase my DT leaves. I'm #3 on this 4 Star so I shouldn't sign him until the offseason if I have room.

10. Goose

Goose Walk On

But hot damn am I happy that I played my game tonight and didn't wait until morning. Syracuse pulls off the upset of the century handing #6 Pitt only their second loss of the season.

The first quarter was a defensive game until 'Cuse backup QB Brandon Williams throws an interception on his own 31 yard line. Pitt drives the 31 yards in just 5 plays as C. Robinson punches it in from 2 yards out. Both teams only add a fieldgoal each in the second quarter as we head into the half Pitt up 10-3

'Cuse ties the game up with a 35 yard screen to HB S. Williams. Pitt drives 80 yards on it's next possesion as Jones hits TE Stevenson for a 14 yard TD. Pitt back up 17-10. 'Cuse S. Williams takes a power trap 67 yards to paydirt to tie the game back up at 17 a piece. Pitt end the third quarter with the ball near the 'Cuse redzone.

The Orange D holds up and only allows a 36 yard field goal. Pitt back on top 20-17. Pitt's D steps up big as they stop the Orange on a 3rd and 2 and force the punt. Pitt HB J. Fowler takes a pitch breaks two tackles in the backfield, reverses his field, breaks a tackle in the secondary and scoots on to the endzone for a 76 yard TD run.( I would have saved this highlight for its unbeileveableness but I didn't want to jinxs the end game load.) Pitt on top 27-17. Things look very bleak for the Orange but they still have 4:27 left to score. But three incompletions and an interception at the eight and it looks like this game is over, but not yet.

'Cuse head Coach Edwards saves his timeouts as the D stops Pitt cold forcing a punt. Backup HB M. Walker has a marvelous return for 24 yards to the Pitt 37 yardline. Brandon Williams hits J. Williams on the fly for a 37 yard TD Strike. (I think half the team is related) But Pitt is still up 27-24.

For the very first time in his illustrious career, an onside kick has worked for Coach Edwards. "I couldn't believe it. I had the kicker kick the ball as hard as he could at the top of the ball it took a huge first bounce off of the turf, then hit one of the Pitt backline guys and just bounce back into the hands of one of my guys. Then to make it better. Pitt decides to play a very soft cover two zone and Williams hits Kiniry for a 61 yard game winning score. I literally crapped in my pants. Awesome Fucking game."

'Cuse wins 31-27.

Williams 10 of 28 for 282 with 3 TD's and 2 INT's

Pitt QB Jones 26 of 43 for 284 with 1 TD and 1 INT

Robinson ran for 101 yards on 13 carries with 1 TD and Fowler ran for 99 on 8 carries with a TD for Pitt

Sean Williams ran for 108 yards on 16 carries with 1 TD for Syracuse.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

The Memphis Tigers finally put it all together. The win is number 6, making them technically bowl eligible. With a little help, the tigers could move from their 8th place finish in the big East. A fun game, QB Chambers had a hell of game, throwing for 4 long td's and not being picked. The D was phenomnal and all over the field. Creating 4 turnovers. Now we wait and hope for a bowl game to fall in our laps.

12. vatechhokie01

world waits on Pro! :)

13. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

lets move it tbone;)

14. Pro

Pro Walk On

You guys are so mean! :(

15. Goose

Goose Walk On

Sissy