Week 13 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by onaradio34, Sep 3, 2012.

1. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Orangeman Dominate But Come up Short
    Late FG Lifts Temple, 13-10, over Syracuse
    [​IMG]
    Looking at the stats, one would think Syracuse walked away with an easy victory. The Orangeman held Temple to 116 TOTAL Yards and only 1 3rd sown conversion in 8 tries. In fact, the first 4 Owl possesions went 3 and out. Fortunatley, Temple was already ahead 7-0 thanks to an INT returned for a TD.
    Syracuse would take a 10-7 lead in the 3rd qtr and hold the advantage until the last 4 minutes of the game. 2 Temple FG's (one being as time expired) would lift Temple to a win it probably didn't deserve and improve their recored to 8-3.
    Great game, Crumbler81.

2. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Thanks onaradio34!

My defense has been pretty inconsistent this season, but that is definitely the best they've played. Looks like your defense did just enough to give you a chance to win at the end.

Thankfully, my dreadful 1st season is over. Time to start fresh in 2013 :)

3. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

Cincinnati vs. USF
    Bearcats Claw the Air!
    Week 13 brought together two teams in Cincinnati and USF that were at the top of the Big East ladder. Both teams came into the game looking to cement their positions atop the standings, and both teams showed their initiative to do so early on in this one.
    The first play of USF's first possession of the game brought early disappointment for the Bulls, as an in route was picked off successfully to give Cincinnati possession early on in USF territory threatening to take an early lead. Cincinnati wasted no time in doing so, as Brandon Kay connected with Anthony McClung 16 yards for the score that put Cincinnati atop 7-0 early in the first period. That was all either team could muster, as a couple of punts left the game at 7-0 Cincinnati at the end of the first.
    USF showed up to play defensively in the second, holding Cincinnati to only two field goals throughout the second. Unfortunately for them, their offense couldn't capitalize whatsoever, and at the end of the half Cincinnati was up 13-0.
    Cincinnati shocked the Bulls with the first play of their first possession of the second half, with a 71-yard bomb from Brendon Kay to Kenbrell Thompkins to put the Bearcats up 20-0, putting the pressure on the Bulls to make something happen early in the third. BJ Daniels answered the call, piloting the Bulls to their first score of the game off a 3 yard pass to Andre Davis to make the score 20-7 late in the third. Cincinnati all but sealed the game on the next drive, putting up points off a 39 yard pass from Kay to McClung that made the score 26-7 after a failed two-point conversion at the end of the third.
    The fourth quarter was largely uneventful, with USF and Cincinnati going three and out on their next possessions. USF threw another interception in Bearcat territory, and Cincinnati ran out the clock, winning 26-7 and making the last game against Connecticut a key match in determining the Big East Champion.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

dmanno2 played a great game today. The results might not have shown it, but he never gave up and tried to the end. Great game amigo!

5. dmanno2

dmanno2 Walk On

You were a worthy opponent! lol Great game man. Now go get UCONN, and warm the hearts of those BCS voters (and the potential recruits that us Big East guys lose to those other conferences).

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

I'll do my best lol. If I cant do anything I'm sure mr. onaradio34 and his dang Owls will have to take it home for us hah

7. onaradio34

It's all you man. My offense is regressing as the season goes on.

I'm stoked about the competition we four are gonna have in the next few seasons. I wouldn't be surprised if we had a different Big East Champ every year.

8. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

Right? All three of our teams are up there already, and from the looks of it Crumbler81 and Syracuse are on their way up with some of their recruits they are getting. Now we just gotta get up in the top 25 and we'll really be forces to reckon with.

9. Juicemann03

Juicemann03 Walk On

my game didnt post how can i find it so i can post my summary on here

10. onaradio34

You can't. You got to do it the old fashion way and fire up the console and look at it on there.

11. Juicemann03

Juicemann03 Walk On

i was looking for it on eadynasty so i could snip it and post it. i guess it didnt post cause as it was trying to save i lost connection.