Week 13

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by scared46, Feb 2, 2010.

1. scared46

scared46 Walk On

Week 13

Jets come to town to vist the Lions which started off again bad tackling on the be-half of the Lions who gave up yet another long TD run by a RB. After that run however, the Lions started to tackle much, much better. Lion's defense played pretty good for most part causing T.O and holding the Jets to only 10 after giving up a TD in the first half.

T.O was the difference which in most cases, are. Matt throw for 2td's one on a screen to RB Brown for 83yds and Calvin Johnson 10yd td. Lions get a win and hopefully we can build a nice string of wins. GG Millertime GL rest of the way

Lions 21
    Jets 10

2. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

49ers 35- Bucs 31

Coach Gaddy would make his return in Tampa as his 49ers were set to take on the Bucs. Niners look good early on both sides of the ball scoring and stopping the Bucs on defense as they took a commanding 28-10 lead going into the 4th quarter. From there the Bucs would catch fire as they score 21 unanswered points to take the lead 31-28 with 45 sec left to go in the game. Cutler would orchestrate one last drive moving the 49ers downfield and finishing it with a 30 TD pass to Maurice Robinson in the corner to put the 49ers up 35-31 and to seal the win.

Bucs went from cold to hot in the 4th but left just a little too much time for Cutler.

GG Bucs

3. Millertime

Millertime Guest

Nice win Scared. Well played on D...

4. Thelou

Thelou Walk On

Colts win behind a strong defense and good running from MJD. He didnt get a lot of yards but he kept the chains moving and WR Lelie provided the scoring connecting with QB James for a TD. James also threw another TD pass to TE Squirek and the Jags went on to best the Colts 31-12. Thanks to Trashy for subbing and gl with your regular team.

The Jags prepare for a tough next 3 games against division opponents. The battle for the division crown wll be at stake. Coach Lou promises the Jags will be ready for the challenge. Final score Colts 12, Jags 31.

5. gt86

gt86 Walk On

No replays this week game wouldn't make any highlights for some reason

The Cowboys would travel to play the Titans in week 13. The game would start off with the Titans getting the ball first and going 3 and out. The Cowboys offense would look to get going early but Romo would get hit on a pass attempt which would lead to a pick by Titans Ford. That would give the Titans a scoring chance and they would take advantage when Qb Scott would hit Te Cook for a 40 yd Td pass to give the Titans an early 7-0 lead. The Cowboys would quickly answer with a long pass of their own when Romo would hit Berrian for a 55 yd Td pass. On the ensuing kickoff Titans returner Mosley would take it to the house 101 yds for the Td return to give the Titans a 14-7 lead after one. There wouldn't be much offense int he 2nd qtr until the Cowboys would tie the game with 1:21 left in the 1st half on a Td pass from Romo to Witten to tie the game at halftime 14-14.

In the 3rd qtr neither team would do anything at all with both defenses playing well and the Cowboys missing a short Fg. The Titans woudl regain the lead early in the fourth on a 2 yd Td run by Johnson. On the Cowboys ensuing drive they would slowly drive down the field and tie the game on a sweet Td pass from Romo to Ogletree ( really wanted the reply of that one ) from 20 yds out with 2:35 left in the game. The Titans would get the ball back on the kickoff and look to take the lead back by trying to run with Johnson but he would get blasted by Cowboys Lber Milton which would cause a fumble and Cowboys Fs Virges would pick it up and sprint 20 yds for the Td to give the Cowboys their first lead of the game 28-21 with 2:25 left in the game. On the ensuing Titans drive who are now looking to tie the game, QB Scott would look for his Wr Britt but Cowboys Fs Virges would jump the pass and pick it off to seal the game for the Cowboys.

Cowboys win a close one 28-21

gg bud the last 2 mins was wild gl reast of the season

6. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

gg gt. that touchdown to ogletree was nice as i even challenged it and it was still good. as far as the fumble return for a td thats the second time this season an opponent has tied the game up late in the fourth quarter and i had a fumble returned for a game winning td on my next posession. good luck in playoffs.

7. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

The St. Louis rams visited the talented redskins in their week 13 showdown. The rams were looking for a statement victory against a team who is a ton better than their record indicates. Coach Ox knew not to take the skins lightly and came to play this week in DC. Sjax scored the first TD of the game on the rams first possession from 2 yards out. Long passes to Portis and FB Sellers put the skins out front to end the first quarter, 14-10.
    In the second quarter, the rams passing game got into rythm with TD scores to avery and robinson. The redskins offense stumbled a little bit as they were held without a point in the second quarter to end the half with a score of 24-14.
    Going into the third, it was seeming like this game would be a battle of defenses with St. lou intercepting a couple passes and keeping portis from getting much on the ground. The skins lost all moment and more than likely, the game when a short pass from Bulger to TE Mcmichael was stripped and it seemed that the skins recovered but the rams jumped in the pile and ripped it out of a redskin's hands on the bottom of the pile via "fight for the fumble."
    The skins would get as close as 3 points with another big TD by Sellers in the fourth but that TD was answered late in the game by the rams and the rams went on to win the game 34-24.

Stat of the game:
    Even though the redskins had more first downs, rushing, and passing yards. The rams won by winning the turnover battle 4-1.

St. Louis is the first team in MEGA to clinch a playoff birth in the 2010-11 season. With the win over the redskins, the rams have locked up the division and now look on to the playoffs.

GG kan, it was a close one and it sucks that the game was basically decided by the "fight for the fumble" crap, hope you dont hold it against me! GL the rest of the season, I hope you win out and make the playoffs.

8. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Vikings 45 Bills 32

Vikings set tone early dominating the first half, with the Bills getting their first 1st down of the half as time expired in the 2nd quarter. The Bills opportunistic defense kept things close, returning an Adrian Peterson fumble 75 yards for a score while also returning a Brady Quinn pick 85 yards for another score. The teams would head into the locker room with the Vikings ahead 24-14 at the break.

The second half saw the Vikings try to pound the ball and run clock, but the Bills would not go quietly. A flurry of scores would bring the Bills to within 8 points, until a late Peterson TD run would secure the victory for the Vikes.

GG Polo. Tried to play conservative in 2nd half - hope you didn't take the final score(Peterson's TD run) the wrong way. Good luck on the season and in the future.

Notes:
    - 1st game got disconnected on a replay. I really think we all should try to not use replay challenges in the 2ndf half of blowouts due to this bug. I think it would be a good topic for the RC to take up in the offseason. I only advocate eliminating reviews in blowouts (where a bad call won't make a difference anyway). JMO.

- To future opponents of mine: I try to take foot off of gas when leading "big" and every time I do it just seems like the game gets too close for comfort. I don't have any desire to pad stats or "rub it in" , but I also am sometimes overly concerned for my opponents feelings. In the future I will continue to run and pass the ball as long as my opponent is doing the same - regardless of score. Juast an FYI. Mags feel free to Q me or PM me with any concerns. Polo proved that no lead is safe playing excellent ball from the 2nd half on! Again nice game Polo.

9. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Vikings 45 Bills 32

Vikings set tone early dominating the first half, with the Bills getting their first 1st down of the half as time expired in the 2nd quarter. The Bills opportunistic defense kept things close, returning an Adrian Peterson fumble 75 yards for a score while also returning a Brady Quinn pick 85 yards for another score. The teams would head into the locker room with the Vikings ahead 24-14 at the break.

The second half saw the Vikings try to pound the ball and run clock, but the Bills would not go quietly. A flurry of scores would bring the Bills to within 8 points, until a late Peterson TD run would secure the victory for the Vikes.

GG Polo. Tried to play conservative in 2nd half - hope you didn't take the final score(Peterson's TD run) the wrong way. Good luck on the season and in the future.

Notes:
    - 1st game got disconnected on a replay. I really think we all should try to not use replay challenges in the 2ndf half of blowouts due to this bug. I think it would be a good topic for the RC to take up in the offseason. I only advocate eliminating reviews in blowouts (where a bad call won't make a difference anyway). JMO.

- To future opponents of mine: I try to take foot off of gas when leading "big" and every time I do it just seems like the game gets too close for comfort. I don't have any desire to pad stats or "rub it in" , but I also am sometimes overly concerned for my opponents feelings. In the future I will continue to run and pass the ball as long as my opponent is doing the same - regardless of score. Juast an FYI. Mags feel free to Q me or PM me with any concerns. Polo proved that no lead is safe playing excellent ball from the 2nd half on! Again nice game Polo.

10. hendrikx

hendrikx Banned

Texans defeat Chiefs 41-34

Matt Schuab completed 17 of 28 passes for 369 yards 4 TD's and 3 INT's
    Steve Slaton had 18 Carries for 168 yards and 1 TD
    Andre Johnson was the player of the game with 7 catches for 154 yards and 2 TD's

The Texans defense was the difference allowing only 67 rushing yards and recording 5 sacks.
    OLB Brian Cushing had 4 tackles 4 TFL and 3 sacks
    DE Connor Barwin had 4 TFL and chipped in a sack as well

The highlight for the Chiefs was TE Matt Timothy who caught 11 passes for 171 yards and 1 TD.

Good game and thanks for the SUB Mac

11. hendrikx

hendrikx Banned

Eagles Defeat Cardinals 49 - 39

In a game that turned into a shootout the Eagles pull out the victory behind Donovan McNabb's 452 yard 5 TD performance.

McNabb 23-39 452 yards and 5TD's 1 INT
    Westbrook 20 carries for 189 yards 1 TD
    Desean Jackson 9 catches 195 yards and 2 TD's
    Jeremy Maclin had 9 catches 187 yards and 1 TD

The Cards Matt Ryan completed 25 of 41 for 435 yards 3 TD's and 1 INT.
    Rookie RB Domico Middlebrook rushed 20 times for 148 yards and 1 TD

D. Rogers-Cromartie had 8 tackles 1 TFL and 1 INT.

GG Mac

12. PoloMD

PoloMD Walk On

GG and gl the rest of the way.

13. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

It's not very often that Scar and Gotham get to face one another, but when they do - sparks fly!

The Bears got things started early when on the 2nd play of the game, HB Matt Forte ran untouched 71 yards for a touchdown. Not to be outdone, the Panthers put together a running attack of their own and Vince Young plugs it in from 4 yards to tie it up. Jack English would throw an interception which led to a DeAngelo Williams reception for a touchdown a few plays later.

Chicago would tie it up in the 2nd quarter with a 3 yard run by Forte. This was after an awesome kick return by Hester down to the Panthers 16 yard line. Giving DeAngelo Williams a breather gave HB Earnest Graham an opportunity to shine, and he took a ball 63 yds downfield, breaking several tackles along the way to know things up at 21-21. Another good Hester return and this time Jack English would eventually hit Hester from 14 yards out to take tie it up at 21. After the Bears scored, it was Panthers KR Y. Figurs who would almost take it end to end, being brought down at the 20. A few plays later and DeAngelo Williams would plunge in from short and goal to take the lead once again. 28-21 at the half...

Things started to fall apart for the home team Bears in the 2nd half. First Matt Forte would go down with a dislocated shoulder, and he is expected to miss another 3 weeks. Then TE Greg Olson was knocked out for the season (10 weeks). Jack English really began to feel the pressure and would give up 4 sacks on the day to DE Eric Brown. A few lucky bounces for the Panthers, including some fumbles that should've been turnovers but weren't saw them taking a 14pt lead into the final frame after Williams scored his 3rd touchdown. Losing Forte, Olsen and Hester for a quarter was just too much...

Despite a late TD by Knox, the Panthers defense was unstoppable on the final Bears drive, sacking English twice. Final Score:

Panthers 35
    Bears 28

gg Scar

14. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

It's not very often that Scar and Gotham get to face one another, but when they do - sparks fly!

The Bears got things started early when on the 2nd play of the game, HB Matt Forte ran untouched 71 yards for a touchdown. Not to be outdone, the Panthers put together a running attack of their own and Vince Young plugs it in from 4 yards to tie it up. Jack English would throw an interception which led to a DeAngelo Williams reception for a touchdown a few plays later.

Chicago would tie it up in the 2nd quarter with a 3 yard run by Forte. This was after an awesome kick return by Hester down to the Panthers 16 yard line. Giving DeAngelo Williams a breather gave HB Earnest Graham an opportunity to shine, and he took a ball 63 yds downfield, breaking several tackles along the way to know things up at 21-21. Another good Hester return and this time Jack English would eventually hit Hester from 14 yards out to take tie it up at 21. After the Bears scored, it was Panthers KR Y. Figurs who would almost take it end to end, being brought down at the 20. A few plays later and DeAngelo Williams would plunge in from short and goal to take the lead once again. 28-21 at the half...

Things started to fall apart for the home team Bears in the 2nd half. First Matt Forte would go down with a dislocated shoulder, and he is expected to miss another 3 weeks. Then TE Greg Olson was knocked out for the season (10 weeks). Jack English really began to feel the pressure and would give up 4 sacks on the day to DE Eric Brown. A few lucky bounces for the Panthers, including some fumbles that should've been turnovers but weren't saw them taking a 14pt lead into the final frame after Williams scored his 3rd touchdown. Losing Forte, Olsen and Hester for a quarter was just too much...

Despite a late TD by Knox, the Panthers defense was unstoppable on the final Bears drive, sacking English twice. Final Score:

Panthers 35
    Bears 28

gg Scar