Week 13

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Oct 20, 2009.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Week 13

2. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Week 13 Power Poll

(1) #7 Georgia- Only loss was when HC was absent
    (2) #2 Florida- Only loss is to great Georgia team that should be undefeated
    (3) #4 LSU- Only loss to #2 Florida
    (4) #5 Maryland- Lost to FSU, but spared from playing VT, UNC, or thougher SEC opponents
    (5) #9 VT- #4 in scoring and #5 offense, but 85th defense.
    (6) #10 UNC- Survived a rough stretch of ACC games
    (7) #8 FSU- New coach is unproven and they still play Florida
    (8) #19 Ole Miss
    (9) #20 Clemson
    (10) #25 Alabama
    (11) Miami
    (12) Tennessee

3. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Week 13 vs. Arkansas (W 38-21)
    Ryan Mallett torched the LSU defense and the Arkansas HB's broke tackles left and right. However, Arkansas players fumbled 4 times, but only lost 2. Jeffereson was sacked 4 times, but he threw for 304 yd and 3 TD's. For every one good thing the Razorbacks did, LSU did 2 great things, which led to the win.

Offensive P.O.W.- QB Jordan Jefferson- 60% 304 yd and 3 TD's
    Defensive P.O.W.- SS Harry Coleman- 8 tackles, 2 FFUM

4. GoGators

HOLY CRAP!!!! The Gators squeak out a nail bitter over in state rival FSU. Thanks to a goal line stand as time ticked off the clock in the 4th quarter, the Gators preserve their 18-14 win.

Led by Brantley's replacement Freshman QB Jordan Reed, the Gators offense implemented their new game plan and managed to do just enough to win. Thanks to the great play of the defense, they were able to over come numerous turnovers. The Gators D pitched a shutout but the Gators O yielded 14 points off turnovers.

On a miraculous play late in the 4th, Gators down 12-14, Reed found Omarius Hines down the sideline and he made a crazy catch over 1 on 1 coverage, shook the defense and split the defenders sprinting into the end zone for the go ahead TD.

[​IMG]

The gators missed the 2 point conversion and FSU drove the length of the field in less than 2 minutes only to come up empty handed as CB Janoris Jenkins knocked the ball out of the hands of FSU WR in the end zone on 4th and goal from the 4.

[​IMG]

The Gators BCS hopes remain intact.

Great game DJ.

5. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

Dam. Nice game guys. Good thing for the Gators that they were able to "come over numerous turnovers" :)

6. GoGators

Thanks. My heart was still pounding when I wrote that. I scared the crap out of my GF when I jumped off the couch after that 4th down. haha.

Keeping up with the criticism, a "dam" is something a beaver builds. "Damn" is a form of expression. :)

7. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

touché, sir

8. GoGators

when are we advancing?

9. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

we did pimpin