Week 14/15, 2016

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Dec 24, 2012.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Welcome to Week 14!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #2 Yale Bulldogs (11-0) ===============
    Last week, Yale won 51-21 against Delaware (3-8).
    This week, the Bulldogs will host Dartmouth (7-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Yale targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) TE Billy Fulton has committed to Yale

=============== #3 Brown Bears (11-0) ===============
    Last week, Brown won 42-28 against Cornell (6-5).
    This week, the Bears will host Howard (6-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Brown targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Brian Howell has committed to Cornell
    - (****) CB Bryan Johnson has committed to Bucknell

=============== Cornell Big Red (6-5) ===============
    Last week, Cornell lost 42-28 against Brown (11-0).
    This week, the Big Red will host Princeton (2-9).
    In recruiting news, the following Cornell targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Brian Howell has committed to Cornell
    - (***) CB Jeremy Hodges has committed to Cornell

=============== Georgetown Hoyas (8-3) ===============
    Last week, Georgetown won 29-27 against Bucknell (8-3).
    This week, the Hoyas will host Pennsylvania (5-6).

=============== Dartmouth Big Green (7-4) ===============
    Last week, Dartmouth won 16-7 against Columbia (1-10).
    This week, the Big Green travel to New Haven to face the #2 Yale Bulldogs (11-0).

=============== Howard Bison (6-5) ===============
    Last week, Howard lost 28-26 against Princeton (2-9).
    This week, the Bison travel to Providence to face the #3 Brown Bears (11-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Howard targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Tremayne Smiley has committed to Howard
    - (***) FS Evan Crenshaw has committed to Howard

=============== Harvard Crimson (4-7) ===============
    Last week, Harvard lost 34-23 against Pennsylvania (5-6).
    This week, the Crimson will host Bucknell (8-3).

=============== Bucknell Bison (8-3) ===============
    Last week, Bucknell lost 29-27 against Georgetown (8-3).
    This week, the Bison travel to Cambridge to face the Harvard Crimson (4-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Bucknell targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Bryan Johnson has committed to Bucknell

=============== Pennsylvania Quakers (5-6) ===============
    Last week, Pennsylvania won 34-23 against Harvard (4-7).
    This week, the Quakers travel to Washington to face the Georgetown Hoyas (8-3).

=============== Princeton Tigers (2-9) ===============
    Last week, Princeton won 28-26 against Howard (6-5).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Ithaca to face the Cornell Big Red (6-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Princeton targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS Justin Covington has committed to Princeton

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  2. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Cornell 13 - Princeton 6

Ithaca, New York - Coach Crumb wanted this game for his seniors, and in particular the QB who helped to lead the Big Red to two consecutive seven win regular seasons in the difficult Ivy League. In the heavy snow, the Cornell Big Red and Princeton Tigers slugged it out in a ball control contest that would have made those of yester year proud. Cornell ended up holding on for a 13-6 victory in the contest.

In the first half, Cornell controlled the clock and ultimately had their two most successful drives of the game. The first possession killed 5 minutes off the clock and should have ultimately ended up in a touchdown but wasn't to be when the Cornell receiver dropped a wide open pass. A field goal ensued to make it 3-0. After Princeton failed to get a first down on their next possession, Cornell would ultimately capitalize with another long, time consuming grueling drive capped off by Will Rogers to make the score 10-0. Princeton would drive the ball down the field in the last minute of the half to make it 10-3 going into the second half.

Princeton came out with an impressive drive but ultimately the drive ended with an INT. Cornell would follow that up with an interception of their own and this pattern really ensued throughout the third quarter. Princeton would come close to another nice drive as well but a fumble recovery ended it. Two turnovers a side really described the course of the third quarter. In the fourth, Cornell would ultimately get another time consuming drive going that would kill all but ~1:30 on the clock and all of Princeton's timeouts with a field goal that made the score 13-3. Princeton would not give up and drove the ball down for a FG with 13 seconds left to make it 13-6 setting up the onside kick that Cornell would recover to ice the game.

Will Rogers ran for 106 yards and passed for 106 yards in his final game at Schollkopf Field. His contribution for helping to develop Coach Crumb's very unusual double option scheme will never be forgotten.

"Coach Crumb's offense is a QB who likes to run the ball's dream." said Rogers after the game. "He has worked so hard and has endured so much frustration over the years at EMU and at FIU but it never eliminated his passion and his desire to be successful. He is an individual of great character and is the type of person that you just want to go out and compete hard for as he will never call out an individual player for their faults or mistakes in a game. It's about the team and I'm truly glad that I had the chance to lead his team for the last four years and we're looking forward to hopefully adding a bowl victory into the record books."

As for the running backs..

"Coach Crumb keeps telling us that we're going to get the ball more. However, he also keeps bringing up such weird comments as errant pitches and poor programming and then he continues to describe each of us with every synonym of the word decoy. We know he will figure out a way to implement us a bit more in the future."

Coach Crumb also wanted to make sure that he recognized the other key element to his team, his linebackers.

"We are going to miss the great linebackers in Jeremy Black and Eric Miller who helped to give our defense an identity of being hard hitting and fast to the ball. They both will be extremely hard to replace and next year the Big Red might take a step or two back because of this type of loss." Miller on the season had 45 tackles, 20 for loss, 4 sacks, 5 interceptions and a forced fumble for good measure.

Cornell finishes the regular season at 7-5 and is currently projected for another matchup against Navy in the Military Bowl.

CoachG72 ; Very good game sir. Entertaining.

3. DirtycashDylan

Nice win Crumb, CoachG is no pushover.

4. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

DCD, cool if we play tomorrow evening? I'm busy with family today and work tomorrow 10am-5pm.

5. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

Howard stays consistent, scoring at the end of the first half to keep it close with Brown 10-14, followed by a total collapse in the second half including a 100yard int return for a td with less than a minute to play as the Bison tried for some pride points. 10-38 is the final.

"Well, you see, our players tried hard, but much more slowly than Brown's as it appeared our guys were running in quicksand while they were in track shoes and a smooth, clean surface. We dont have the personnel to sustain a 60 minute game obvioulsy."

6. DirtycashDylan

Sure

7. Strick

Strick Walk On

How long might we have for week 15? Because of the cruddy luck that is my schedule, I have a few recruits visiting week 15

8. DirtycashDylan

Wednesday evening to Thursday evening will be week 15

• Like Like x 1
  9. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

@Funngunner11

When you wanna play?

10. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

DirtycashDylan

Whats the Penn coaches name on here? Why you people don't use the same name on xbox as on here is beyond me...

11. Strick

Strick Walk On

funngunner

12. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

13. funngunner

funngunner Walk On

Hey, best time for me is sometime tomorrow night (Wednesday) after 6. Does that work or you at all?

14. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Yeah, possibly. It would be later for me tho. I'm actually off work, but I'm going out with a shawty tonight around that time. Probably won't be back til at least 10 cst. I'm also free pretty much all day and night on thursday tho if late wednesday doesn't work. Trust me, if I was working this week, i wouldn't be playing any 10 o clock games.

15. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Howard Bisons 10
    @
    #3 Brown Bears 38

I'll pretty much second what he said. Was a close first half and as he predicted at halftime he pretty much had a 2nd half meltdown where he failed to find the end zone. Closed out my second consecutive undefeated regular season.

16. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

No idea what is going on, just seems players make blocks, throws, catches, tackle, deflect passes...just manage to make plays in the first half, the second half that just stops. Drops, errant passes, missed tackles, stand and watch defense permeate the team after half time.

I have lowered my sub precentage so hopefully the starters are on the field more but am wondering if there is some hidden fatigue deal that has the starters tire more so subs are in more or just tire to the point they are not making the plays they were earlier...

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  17. funngunner

funngunner Walk On

I'm heading to a wedding Thursday morning, so looks like late tonight might be the best option. I'm trying to get out of work early though, so maybe I can be available this afternoon.

18. DirtycashDylan

That's REALLY late with the scheduling just so you know (almost 48 hours into the week), but it's Christmas so I understand. If you guys can play tonight, that'd really be best.

19. funngunner

funngunner Walk On

Ok. Well, we tried to arrange a time, but our schedules just never matched up. I had the in laws in and worked yesterday. He had plans that evening. So it goes. I'm switching to auto until sometime Sunday at the earliest, as stated in the vacation sub thread.

20. Strick

Strick Walk On

Arrived at the beach yesterday and played a CPU OD dynasty game for another league. Man it's really a culture shock to go back and play without HD! Can't even see my whole field! Going to go out and see if I cant find some HD cables today!

21. IrishBearcat

DirtycashDylan and I are playing sometime tonight. Winner gets Brown two girls one cup style.

22. DirtycashDylan

I understand

23. Strick

Strick Walk On

Go Penn.

A Quaker win + 2 BCS bowls = Pizza Bowl. A Quaker loss + 2 BCS bowls = Potato Bowl.

24. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I'm not sure as a non BCS conference if we would get 2 BCS games.

25. IrishBearcat

Dylan should, at some point, edit the bowl tie-ins so the MAC earns a berth.

Fuck the Big East.

• Like Like x 1