Week 14 (+ 15)- Season 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Feb 3, 2010.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Week 14 (+ 15)- Season 5

Hard Advance for Saturday/Sunday

HUUUGEEE FREAKING WEEK !!!!

Week 13's Players of the Week
    Offense:

Defense:

User Games

Colorado @ Kent State

Both teams are having dream seasons. Colorado is gearing up for a big showdown with hated rival Maxattax and the Red Raiders but first is an OOC game with major implications on the national landscape. A Colorado win would almost assuredly secure them in the top 10 for the Conference Championship game, a win by Kent ST. could very possibly mean a BCS bid if the chips were to fall right...I've played both these teams twice, and this is a good matchup. They both are about the same gameplay wise, and run almost identical offenses...somethings gotta give! Smoke him Matt. (y) That's right, I said it.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score

Purdue @ Texas Tech.

This one is even bigger than the first one. A Purdue win would mean a probable BCS bid, maybe a Rosebowl bid, a 10 win season, and he would be able to say that he ruined Max's season, and cost him a National Title shot. A Tech win could put them in the drivers seat for a spot in the National Title game, could royally screw Murk's season up and could possibly push him out of the BCS. Meaning both of last years Rose Bowl Participants will be in lower bowls this year.....:D That's right, I said it!

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score

Non User Games

Arizona @ Arizona St.

The way this PAC 10 season has been you never know what could happen. Arizona St would love nothing more than to piss all up in Zona and Coach Troy's Wheaties by making sure the don't run the table in the Pac 10. Although due to head to head tiebreakers, Arizona has already clinched a share of the conference title, that's not good enough. They want a 9-0 conference record and want to go back to the Rose Bowl for win #2 in that stadium this year. Anything can happen in a rivalry game, ANYTHING.....

Inside tip: Arizona is going to be out for blood!

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score

Texas A & M @ Southern Miss

Southern Miss is getting closer every week. They've historically struggled against the Aggies and 1ke won't be blindsided this time. Look for SMU to win HUGE and go back to the Rock for the biggest game in Southern Miss History.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score

USC @ UCLA

In the Battle of Los Angeles, UCLA will be determined to keep ahold of a possible BCS at large birth by beating USC on a down year. A loss by UCLA would almost for sure land them in the Holiday Bowl. Definitely not the finish Coach Parrothead is looking for.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score

Bowling Green @ Boise State

In what might be Ravedown's last regular season game as BG coach, he'll take it to the Blue Turf to finish out a perfect regular season. Where he goes next year no body knows! It ain't gonna be Bowling Green Ohio though, that I can promise.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score

UCF @ Auburn

In what would've been an extremely important OOC game earlier in the season, Auburn plays their regular season finally before going on to the SEC title game and a probable birth in the Sugar Bowl. Aubrun should have no problem with UCF.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score

All the Drama!! Let's get it on!

2. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

York What Time????

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

it's up now.

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Max, I'll start a game tonight, but no later than 9:30..central

I can play during the day tomorrow or afternoon, just let me know what time.

I've got class from 2-4 then I'm done...so any time (for the most part) before and after that..

Rather just play tonight though

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Max, I'll start a game tonight, but no later than 9:30..central

I can play during the day tomorrow or afternoon, just let me know what time.

I've got class from 2-4 then I'm done...so any time (for the most part) before and after that..

Rather just play tonight though

6. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

16-15???? HOLY SHIT 1ke!?!?!

Report?

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

A&M has played him pretty tough every time..

8. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Well Well Well......

A&M almost did it again! I swear to you I was lying down on my couch, just playing the game. 1st qtr ended...ah no biggie, halftime....ill get em 2nd half, end of the third....I was down and my ass was sitting two inches from my TV and seriously into things then. They got my damn attention.

Last year when I lost to them i had 6 turnovers, and made every mistake imaginable, this year it almost wasn't any different. Two superb defensive plays for interceptions by AM. Also I had two fumbles early that I was able to get back. But the biggest problem for me was the 3-3-2-1-1. Those are the drops by my WRs. 3 of those were going to be TD's but yea they were dropped.

My QB played his worst game as my qb yet. He was 8 for 30 for 100 and some yards, no TDs and 2 ints. AM's defense was rated a A, and they played like it. They were on my ass. The 4th qtr started and I was down by 4. I literally took the ball out of the hands of my QB, and just pounded the ball all 4th qtr long. They got the ball and couldn't move it, and I got it back, and just pounded it some more.

I really hope they got that shit out of their system today. No way in hell we play like that and win again. That was ugly, Im glad I made it out, and now im gonna go hit the practice field. SHIT WHEEEEEEEEEEW!

9. Jman

Yep, there will be lots of practice action for me too.

I've never been excited/anxious for a friggin' game of NCAA like this in my life...slightly pathetic...but awesome.

My wife thinks I'm nuts. lol

10. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I always just tell my wife....There is soo much worse I could be doing....The never says anything else after that.

11. BDSDIGITAL

Arizona 52 - Arizona State 21

This game was over fast. I said we'd be out for blood and we definitely were. It was 42-14 at the half as we scored 21 in each of the first two quarters.

Total We amassed 499 yards of total offense, over 600 total yards, went 7-9 on 3rd down and 5-6 inside the redzone.

Paul Mitchell had his best day this year going 16-21 for 293 yards and 4 td's. He seemed automatic at times. Chris Hamby finished with 114 yards and 2 td's to bring his season yardage to around 1400. He isn't even a Walker finalist. Blake Bell who has been the defensive p.o.t.w. the last two weeks had another monster day with 7 tackles, 2 int's and 1 of those he housed. Peace and Hall combined for 10 grabs and 3 td's and were almost un cover able.

So Zona finishes the regular season 10-2 including 9-0 in conference play to win the outright Pac 10 title! This is Zona's first conference championship since 1993. We are going to the Rose bowl for sure. Our opponent could be any number of teams though depending on what happens. We really don't care who it is, we are just happy to be in the game!

12. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

From the looks of things, it seems like Texas Tech vs. Purdue went down (based on the status of those two guys logging off after playing NCAA an hour ago) and Kent State and Colorado are hooking it up tonight. I think that was all that was left for this week. If that's the case, let's get the week 15 recruiting junk in quickly so we can advance to the conference championship games. The suspense of the championship game invitees is killing me!

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yes, Texas Tech by a TD..

Couldn't get a write up in because this is the first time I've been able to post in the last day..

rediculous

Basically, my team wasn't good enough, and max made some good plays while I did not. Great job, he also made some good play calls.

14. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

If those two get their date in tonight, I say we hard advance week 15 for tomorrow. That way we can have the Championships over the weekend.

Yayyyyyy for quick advances and me playing J tomorrow night!!!!!!

15. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

That's cool with me..

16. BDSDIGITAL

I'm done recruiting for the year so I don't need next week. I'm all for a hard advance.

17. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Yea was a pretty close game and I have to say that if Murk had Robinson this one would have been different... Purdue had the advantage in almost every statistical category. I have to chalk up one of my TDs to luck as I had a WR coming across the middle when, for some reason, my brain spazzed out and I threw it to my impact receiver on a go route. He ended up with the ball and the TD, but that was a throw I would have never made on purpose (shows how good I am lol). Anyway good game Murk. I got a couple of videos ill upload sooner or later.

Tech is ready for Colorado and the Big12 Championship now! Getcha popcorn ready. This one has everything you could ask for.
    Conference Championship is on the line...
    National Championship could be on the line...
    Not to mention the bad blood between these two coaches...

Its going down!!!

18. Jman

Hopefully tomorrow.

If I'm still running a 103 temp, we'll have to play Saturday. I feel like death right now, great timing.

19. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Timing sounds great to me ;)

20. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

lol......

21. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

#14 Kent vs. #11 Colorado

Kent State Flashes the Buff

Kent State slowed the vaunted Colorado ground attack en route to a 35-14 victory over the highly ranked BIG-12 team.

My team came out strong with the offense putting together a couple of long touchdown drives and the defense forcing a punt and grabbing an interception. The second quarter belonged to the Buffs as I had a drive or two stall and botched a short FG after getting repeatedly bitch-slapped hwile trying to run for a first down that was only inches away. Colorado on the other hand, found paydirt to cut the lead to 7 at half. I had adjusted to Colorado's early strategy of pounding the ball with the HBs by bringing more men into the box, only to have Flowers repeatedly beat the run blitz with passes both to the flats and down the middle.

I received the ball after halftime and continued handing the ball off and throwing a variety of short passes. The cap was an 8-yd TD pass from Jordan Lynch to HB Eric Smith. At this point I had basically given up trying to run up the middle in short yardage and redzone situations because the interior of my O-line was getting pwned Rocky Mountain style. Anyway, Colorado scored on a 37-yd pass and I got another one into the endzone to take a 28-14 lead into the 4th.

The Buffs were looking to get back into the game, taking the last quarter's first possession deep into Kent territory. Golden Flash impact CB Shawn Daniels ended any hope of a CU comeback however, nabbing a one-handed interception in the endzone and taking 103 yards for a score. There were still about 6 minutes in the game at this point, but I took the air out of the ball by keeping it on the ground and sitting back in zone D.

Good game, York, you did a good job of getting pressure on my QB and stuffing my power run game. Luckily, I won the oh-so-crucial turnover battle and found some room on the outside for my HBs to explore.

22. BDSDIGITAL

If the Season ended today, it would be Zona v. Tulsa in the Rose Bowl....and Auburn v. UCLA in the Sugar Bowl (I think?) How freaking awesome would all that be! I think they have Purdon't in the Outback Bowl (n)

23. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Its on...

next year

bitch :p

24. Jman

I'll get my recruiting in about 350 central if we can wait, if you need to go ahead and turn it York, go ahead though.

1ke, its on my friend.

25. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Im done. Murk you trying to steal that HB for some revenge or what? hahaha