Week 14 2010 Now Open - Deadline 9.1.10. 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Aug 29, 2010.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 14 2010 Now Open - Deadline 9.1.10. 7:00 a.m. EST

Week 14 Now Open

FYI - its a recruiting week ONLY for EVERYONE! (as is the next few weeks until the MAC title game) Let's try to get this done a.s.a.p.

DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 1, 2010 7:00 A.M. EST

Please post here and set your status to finished if you don't use up all 10 hours of time.

[YOUTUBE]RijB8wnJCN0[/YOUTUBE]​

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

3. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

4. NDCOLTS1979

The worst part of all of this was that Sox had to tell me i would be playing in the Mac Championship game. I thought i was way out of it all and never paid attention to it

5. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

All done with my shameless whoring for the week.

6. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Damn Congrats on the Championship game, Who do you play for the Title?

7. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

If we are just doing recruiting, you should have 24 hour time limits. Move this caravan along, Yosemite Sam!

8. NDCOLTS1979

i play temple (onaradio) payback game for him lol

9. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

I didn't mean for the Conference Champ game, just these bye weeks. I got no patience. I want to get on with my lying!

10. NDCOLTS1979

I was answering vols sorry i just didnt want to quote him lol

11. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

The Commish has finished recruiting. That leaves Lambeau; Radio and BDawg.

Doesn't look like The Commish is going bowling with his 7-5 record. That loss to Ohio last week probably cost me a bowl game.

12. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

on my lunch break right now. i should be done with recruiting by 4:30 or so.

I wrote that ND had an outside shot at reaching the game. Bad luck for me as im 0-1 against him on TF.

What happened last time we played you ask? Check back at 5pm and ill show you...

13. NDCOLTS1979

Lmao yeah it was a sickening feeling for me the way i won thats for sure. I have learned to pay more attention to kickoffs at the end of the game

14. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

If any of you guys know any other guys who might be interested in joining up with us for Year 2 let me know.

15. NDCOLTS1979

Yeah i am still trying to recruit for here.

16. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Looks like we need to do some recruiting

When are we gonna look at slider tweaks? The main thing I see is we need a bit more of a running game, and less CPU pass rush

17. onaradio34

I don't know if the CPU pass rush is fixable without totally dumbing it down. The problem is how the CPU blitzes and how they pick coverages. They blitz all guys that aren't gonna be needed if coverage or if it's a safety, they bring 'em down to cover shorter routes. Totally cheesy shit that sliders won't fix. Then if you drop pass rush, they can't get any pressure with a 4 man rush.

18. onaradio34

As promised...

The scenario is this. Auburn (me) and Texas Tech (ND) are battling it out to see who gets to go to a shittier bowl. ND has held a lead the entire game but its still close enough where i can run my usual offense. I finally take the lead late and ND marches down to tie the game with seconds remaining. We begin playback on the ensuing kickoff...

[youtube]77VozYISGAs[/youtube]​

Yes, thats me trying to dive like its the smart thing to do (despite that the fumbled dive has been apart of NCAA since it graced PS1). ND is probably like "dude, let it go" like Mike Alstott in that fantasy football commercial with Warrick Dunn.

19. NDCOLTS1979

I actually grabbed a cig for over time and looked up as my guy is running into the endzone. I felt so bad after the game cause it was such a great game to come down to a bs play like this

20. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Thanks! (y)

I'll start a thread here pretty soon with our current slider set and the stats for each user and avg and see what we think.

Yeah unfortunately it seems like an all or nothing scenario given the utterly ridiculous play calling.

21. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Is there a way to increase o-line blocking, which may negate the uber pass rush and help with some running.

22. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

I think its run blocking and pass blocking...not just o line performance

The cpu also never drops ints like my guys..lol

23. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Tomorrow morning I will post a thread with our current sliders and stats for all user teams and averages so we know exactly what we are looking at.

Unfortunately, one of the biggest "problems" with online dynasties is each of us has different strengths/weaknesses. I.e. someone might think the CPU pass D is too tough on our current slider set. However, I think I had the #1 (or pretty close to it) passing offense in the country. On the flip side, that person that struggled passing probably had a million times better running offense that I have.

We just will continue to try to find the best "balance" we can so that stats do not become too skewed.

24. onaradio34

I know I had a pretty good year running the ball and that was from the spread, which most people say is the hardest to do. Of course my RB at an 88OVR is probably in the top 10 of highest rated players in the MAC.

25. NDCOLTS1979

Exactly and thats the hardest part of being a slider tweaker finding whats best for everyone. I actually like the sliders where they are. Its hard but when people get their guys in it should even things out even more