Week 14 2012

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by Steamer43, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Advanced

2. Steamer43

3. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Fever comin up strong to end the year

• Like Like x 1
  4. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Next season can't get here soon enough...

5. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Can we get the cut and paste from dynasty wire mighty commish?

Steamer43

6. Steamer43

It hasn't worked since like week 8.

7. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

things are turning around in New Mexico!

Eastern Michigan came into the game today totally unprepared for the new high powered attack of the Lobos. At the end of the first quarter, EMU had a total of 5 yards and were about to be down 28-0. Even with Thompson getting knocked out the game very early, the lobo offense was a force today racking up 428 yards. Holbrook was sat down at halftime up 35-3 and Bishop came into the game and put up possibly the best statline of his career in the short span with only 5 passes thrown. Carrier was not able to get much going on the ground with only 44 yards on 18 attempts after Thompson left averaging 6.4 on 5 early carries. Rodgers, Kirk and Soloman each went over the 100 yard mark receiving with Soloman putting up his first career 3 TD game.

The defense was very tough, racking up 4 sacks, recovering a fumble and taking the lone interception back to the endzone by senior CB Jamarr Lyles

The win moves the Lobos back up to 4-8 and puts their impressive winning streak now at 4, which is the longest active streak in the conference. With the season now over, the coaches are excited to let their young talent progress and come back next season stronger. The 4 wins are the equal the teams result from last season and double the combine win total of 2009 and 2010.

8. Bl0ndeRedHead

That's because you're advancing from the DW online via your CPU, not the console. When you advance like that no DW story is generated for the next week for some reason.

9. Steamer43

No that's not. I've advanced from my console every time... It keeps either freezing or getting the fake disconnect on the very final step, but everything advances just fine except it doesn't generate a dynasty wire.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bl0ndeRedHead

Well quite obviously you can't handle this whole "commish" thing (y)

11. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Florida International Knocks Off In-State Rival in OT

As they always say when it comes to rivalries, it really isn't one until both sides actually win a game. The Golden Panthers evened this in-state affair at 1-1 with a 31-24 victory at Florida Atlantic. The first quarter of the contest was a defensive contest where both sides tried to establish the run, but ultimately couldn't make enough plays to produce a scoring drive. That all changed in the second quarter. At the 4:36 mark, FIU nailed a 61 yard pass on play action on first down in which FIU's Younger caught the pass and ran for a 61 yard touchdown to give FIU a 7-0 lead. FAU looked as if they were going to respond with a TD Drive of their own at the end of the first half but an Interception inside Florida International's Red Zone quickly ended that. The Golden Panthers were happy to go into the half at 7-0 but the team responded with a huge play from Darrian Mallary. He took the carry and outran the FAU defense on a 93 yard run with only 3 seconds left in the first half to double the FIU lead at 14-0. It was probably one of the more complete halves of football that a Crumb coached team has played in the two iterations of NCAA.

Johngalt though, being a Michigander was not going to lie down and his team came out in the second half and under the guidance of his running back Cartwright inched himself back into the game. Well, alright that is if inches come in the nature of 54 yard runs. That was the story at 5:41, as the lead was cut in half to 14-7. However, FIU would respond on a nice 33 yard pass reception to put FIU back up 21-7. FAU would take the momentum back on a 76 yard screen pass where Cartwright just made a number of solid moves to make FIU's defense look flat footed, and your score was 21-14. FIU would add a FG to the end the scoring after three at 24-14.

FAU would then score the two necessary drives to tie the game up in the fourth. Ultimately this game probably could have been ended by FIU in the fourth except for two plays that came inches short on third down which gave FAU the ball back to score the necessary 10 points. FAU in the closing minutes had the ball deep into FIU territory and were going for the win but were ultimately stopped five yards short forcing John to make a decision with four seconds left. Kick the FG for OT? Or go for the win? He chose OT with the field goal.

In Overtime, FIU would score a TD on their possession and the defense would stiffen and didn't allow FAU to get a first down. Needless to say coach Crumb was happy.

"I'm happy."

FIU ends the season at 4-8.

Twas a good game johngalt11. Now that it's over with, time for the Tigers to pull out the series vs the Rangers and for the Lions to continue to show the NFL the roar that they've developed.

Plus an EMU victory over CMU today would be nice. :)

• Like Like x 3
  12. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

And how about that, EMU with the 35-28 victory over CMU!! 4-3!

13. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Crumb's Christmas!

14. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Kent-49
    Mid Tenn-38

It looked like it was gonna be more of the same as we, once again, jumped out to an early lead and, once again, had to fight our asses off late but this time we got it done.

After going up 28-3 early in the 3rd quarter, Steamer got something going in the kick return game with an 89 yard return. "I was just trying to stay in my lane" said the Kent SPT player.

Kent HB Dri Archer (17-178, 2 TD, 2 REC, 40 YDS, 1 TD) blasted a 90 yard TD run right back.

Then, another Mid Tenn kick return TD to make two in a row. Said the Kent kicker after the game "I'm not sure who Justin Hammons is, but I feel like this is his fucking fault."

Both teams traded 2 rushing TDs each and Mid Tenn got another through the air before Kent was able to kill the clock.

Glad to end the season on a high note.

15. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

LoL dude don't change that just because it's one of my pet peeves. EVERYONE in this league does it I'm pretty sure.

16. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

And that guy no longer exists, just call me Wooderson

17. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Ready to advance Steamer43
    NMSU - 31
    SJSU - 21

More to come soon.

18. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Well hell, scores not showing on DW. Story is there but score and record arent.

19. Steamer43

Nice win hammerhead1010 Going to advance now

Would just like to point out I beat the champion from both the scholars and gentlemen divisions (y)