Week 14, 2013: Rivalry Week

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I don't know if I've ever seen a better slate of games in Chompions League. Should be a fun one, good luck!

=============== #3 Ohio State Buckeyes (11-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 42-6 against Indiana (6-5).
    This week, the Buckeyes travel to Ann Arbor to face the Michigan Wolverines (7-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LT Bryant Marcus has committed to Ohio State
    - (*****) WR Josh Smith has committed to Ohio State

=============== #4 Oregon Ducks (11-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 58-21 against Arizona (5-6).
    This week, the Ducks will host Oregon State (5-6).

=============== #15 LSU Tigers (8-3) ===============
    Last week, LSU lost 24-23 against Texas A&M (10-1).
    This week, the Tigers will host #20 Arkansas (9-2).
    In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FB Anthony Patterson has committed to LSU

=============== #5 Texas A&M Aggies (10-1) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M won 24-23 against LSU (8-3).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Columbia to face the Missouri Tigers (6-5).

=============== #9 Florida Gators (8-3) ===============
    Last week, Florida won 44-21 against Florida Atlantic (3-8).
    This week, the Gators will host #22 Florida State (8-3).

=============== #20 Arkansas Razorbacks (9-2) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas won 35-24 against Mississippi State (6-5).
    This week, the Razorbacks travel to Baton Rouge to face the #15 LSU Tigers (8-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) MLB Steve Harris has committed to Oklahoma State
    - (***) LOLB Amir Thompson has committed to Arkansas
    - (****) WR Jake Davis has committed to Auburn
    - (***) C Anthony Smith has committed to Arkansas

=============== #1 Nebraska Cornhuskers (11-0) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 34-21 against Penn State (9-2).
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host Iowa (6-5).

=============== #11 Penn State Nittany Lions (9-2) ===============
    Last week, Penn State lost 34-21 against Nebraska (11-0).
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Madison to face the #23 Wisconsin Badgers (9-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) TE Marcus Harrison has committed to Pittsburgh
    - (***) LG Reggie Jenkins has committed to Miami University
    - (*****) WR Jason Lewis has committed to Penn State

=============== #23 Wisconsin Badgers (9-2) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 24-7 against Minnesota (3-8).
    This week, the Badgers will host #11 Penn State (9-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) RE Jorge Hodge has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) LE Jason Nelson has committed to Navy

=============== #8 USC Trojans (10-1) ===============
    Last week, USC won 43-21 against Colorado (4-7).
    This week, the Trojans will host UCLA (6-5).

=============== #17 Stanford Cardinal (8-3) ===============
    Last week, Stanford won 73-21 against California (4-8).
    This week, the Cardinal will host #6 Notre Dame (9-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Stanford targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LE Mike Rivero has committed to San Diego State
    - (***) SS Terrance Bailey has committed to Stanford
    - (***) FB Greg Thomas has committed to Colorado
    - (****) FS Korey Robinson has committed to Stanford
    - (****) MLB Nick Bonner has committed to Stanford
    - (*****) TE Adam Jones has committed to Stanford
    - (***) LOLB Brian Sarria has committed to Stanford

2. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Freshman Comes Up Big in Rivalry

ScreenHunter_55 Aug. 08 11.32.jpg
    ScreenHunter_56 Aug. 08 11.32.jpg

Badgers player of the Game:

Sojourn Shelton - 4 Tkl - 2 INT

The freshman came up big as the nickel corner, Badger fans got the see what Sojo is capable of doing during his time in Madison

• Like Like x 1
  3. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

How bout dem number 1 Nebraska cornhuskers!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

[​IMG]
    JUNIOR WR #9 MARQISE LEE FINISHED THE REGULAR SEASON WITH 65 REC, 1269 YDS, 16 TOTAL TDS
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    LEE AND TROJANS BRING HOME THE VICTORY BELL
    UCLA 32 USC 45

Marqise Lee finished the regular season with a strong performance hauling in 8 catches for 158 yards 1 TD, as well as contributing big for the special teams with a 103 yard kick return TD. With this performance Lee has placed himself in the front running for the Biletnikoff Award heading into Championship week with 65 Rec, 1269 Yds, 16 Total TDs.

With the win over UCLA the Trojans find themselves 9-0 in Conference play and will represent the PAC 12 South in the title game against an Oregon team coming off a dominating 42-14 win over Oregon State to improve to 12-0 (9-0) on the season.​

• Like Like x 2
  5. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Where did you get that banner? that thing is awesome

6. jandy

jandy Walk On

HUGE matchup coming @KNICKSFAN_84. It's gonna be fun to see if I'm able to stop that passing attack you've got clicking down there in LA. Marqise will not be fun to go against, hopefully my secondary can at least contain him

7. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I'm operating under the assumption that no one needs to change their recruiting point allocation between weeks 14-15 and I can sim straight through week 15. Correct?

• Like Like x 3
  8. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

Stanford.gif
    CARDINAL SQUEAK PAST IRISH IN CLASSIC
    13ND-Stan.png
    Sanders Jr Kick Return Gives Stanford Huge Win
    Palo Alto, CA - In Stanford Staduim on senior day, it was a red-shirt freshman who sent the graduating players an awesome going away present, as well the Stanford fans a glimpse of what to come next year. After a tying field goal from the Irish, Barry Sanders Jr. took Kyle Brindza's kickoff 105 yards for the game-winning score with 1:05 left, as #17 Stanford (9-3, 6-3 PAC 12) outlasted the sixth-ranked Notre Dame Fighting Irish (10-2) in another classic game between two bitter rivals.

The game was nip and tuck the whole way as both teams struggled to run the ball all day and resorted to the passing game. Both teams combined for 137 rushing yards (Stan 87, ND 50) on 57 attempts for a paltry 2.4 yards per rush. The highlight show came from the starting QBs as Tommy Rees and Kevin Hogan both went over 350 yards passing. After rushing for 114 yards last week vs Cal, Sanders Jr. was held to 36 rushing yards. Anthony Wilkerson didn't fare much better, rushing for 40 yards on 16 carries. The first quarter both defenses played well, as Stanford was forced to punt on its first drive and the Irish were intercepted by S Ed Reynolds in the end-zone on their initial drive. Stanford would move the ball into the red-zone on their second drive, but the drive would stall at the 1/2 inch line as Wilkerson was stopped on 4th and Goal. Notre Dame then began to use the passing game to the TEs as Troy Nicklas would find room in the Stanford zone. Nicklas would go on to finish with 8 rec for 143 yards. A 28-yards TD grab from TE Ben Koyak would give ND the 7-0 edge in the second. The Cardinal would respond, as Hogan found Kelsey Young for a 40 yard TD reception to tie the game. The Irish would grab a 14-7 lead just before the half as Rees found WR Darvaris Daniels for a score.

The Cardinal defense would hold early in the 3rd, and with the ball, Hogan went to work. 5 straight completion lead to another Young TD grab, and the score was tied at 14. Kelsey Young would go on to finish with 7 rec for 124 yards and the 2 TDs. The Irish again would respond, as Rees continued to work the middle of the Cardinal defense. George Atkinson III would eventually punch it in from 3 yards out and the Irish lead 21-14. Atkinson III had a rough day, gaining only 36 yards on his 16 carries. Stanford came right back, and when Devon Cajuste was found open in the end-zone, the score was tied at 21. Notre Dame went 9/16 on 3rd downs Saturday, but a critical stop early in the 4th forced the Irish to punt. From there, Stanford would finally find some running room (albeit not much) and would have to settle for a Jordan Williamson FG when their drive stalled in the red-zone. A Brindza FG after a 3rd down stop in the red-zone on the Irish next drive would tie the game at 24 setting up Sanders Jr's heroics. Down seven, Notre Dame did muster a drive, but were turned away when a sack by Anderson forced a 4th and 20 at the 24 with :19 sec left. Rees found Koyak open for a catch, but it wasn't enough to get a first down as the fans went wild in celebration. The Cardinal season is complete, 9 wins on the year, and hopefully this win over the Irish will impress the voters enough to see if Stanford can be one of those at-large bids for a BCS game.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

Mine' still messed up.

10. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I'm talking about your recruiting board, not your coaching tree

11. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

I'm going to play my game Friday nite once we get back from camp... Approx. 6 pm.

• Like Like x 1
  12. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I will be getting it in with Free Shoes U tonight. Huge rivalry game and huge recruiting visits.

• Like Like x 3
  13. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

MO TIGERS MO PROBLEMS!
    Mizzou.jpg
    SS Toney Hurd drills QB, forcing errant pitch, returned for TD by Tramain Jacobs
    score.jpg

Mizzou throws the kitchen sink at ATM but can't pull off the upset

Mizzou came into this game with a 6-5 record and backup QB Corbin Berkstresser starting with Tony Franklin banged up. They threw everything they had at Texas A&M in a rivalry between fellow Big12 defectors.
    The Tigers took the opening kickoff and went to work, throwing left, right, short, and deep, while mixing in a few effective runs for flavor. They drove down into the red zone before the Aggie D stiffened and forced a 30 yard field goal.
    The Missouri D was pumped up at home as well, stifling the run and a wayward pass on third down led to a 3 an uncharacteristic opening drive 3 and out for ATM. Thankfully the Aggie D stepped up to the plate. On the ensuing Mizzou drive Toney Hurd would blitz right into Berkstresser, forcing his option pitch to fly backwards. Senior nickel corner Tramain Jacobs would scoop up the ball and take it in for a BIG score, complete with a really late hit by a Tiger in the end zone. (It's hard to make out in the above picture. The video on the Dynasty Web does it more justice.)
    The Tigers were not distraught over the defensive TD and drove right down the field again. In true "bend but don't break" fashion the Aggie D forced another short FG instead of giving up a TD. 7-6 Aggies at the end of the first quarter.

Manziel was ice cold in this game. The Aggies could not sustain a drive and Mizzou would get a third short field goal, continuing to throw the ball all over the place. The Aggies would finally put forward a solid drive late in the 2nd, with Manziel completing his first pass at almost the half way point of the second quarter. A&M would purposely run the clock down once they got within the redzone, hoping to limit the time given to the red hot Mizzou passing attack. A big run would put them at the 1 yard line and Johnny Manziel would push it in with 1:09 in the half. It was enough for Mizzou to take it down the field of course and Mizzou would take the lead at halftime with their first TD of the game. Johnny and the offense were really lucky that the D forced 3 field goals that could have easily been TDs. 16-14 Mizzou

The second half would go much better for the D. They would force a fumble in the redzone, erasing an almost sure score and would pick off Berkstresser twice. The offense would put up a field goal early in the third and put together their second strong drive of the game netting a TD on a 23 yard pass to TE Nehemiah Hicks. One of the aforementioned turnovers would get the ball right back for the Aggies who scored a big TD to Mackey award finalist TE Cameron Clear from 17 yards out to widen the gap to 31-16 early in the 4th. Mizzou was not done though. They rocketed down the field and scored a TD just over a minute later but failed the 2 pt conversion which would have put them within 7 points of the lead. 31-22
    A&M would take the ball and slowly work it down the field, attempting no passes on a 3 minute drive to put the nail in the coffin with one final TD,a 5 yard Manziel run. 38-22 and Mizzou would not be able to answer.

The defense and the running game would save the day. With 283 rushing yards to offset Manziels innacurate 9/20 175 yard effort.

Stats:
    Manziel 9/20 175 yards, 2 TDs and 1INT - 14 rushes for 150 yards and 2 TDs
    Malena 18 for 100
    Clear 4 receptions for 96 yards and TD

• Like Like x 1
  14. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

got it from http://www.freewebs.com/teclemson53/ they have one for each team home and away just have to post up one of each side by side.

• Like Like x 2
  15. jandy

jandy Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

yr 1 OSU @ Ore.PNG

16. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

TEClemson does some awesome work over there.

17. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

Well... The Huskers laid an egg. Iowa wins 28-23.. But the accuracy sliders are so erratic.. Martinez is ranked 95 overall and has the accuracy of Rex grossman... Missed wide open slants, last play of the game he missed a go route and there was no one out there...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Hes a 95 overall but with 82 accuracy (as a senior!) and notoriously erratic

• Like Like x 1
  19. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

It is what it is bro.. He is erratic for sure. But there's no way he would miss some of the throes he missed tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  20. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I watched him throw the shotput live during the Heroes game last year. He has accuracy issues.

21. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

If you miss your first few passes you will go cold and stay cold. I had the same issue against Mizzou. I was 0 for 8 until I had my first completion with 5:20 left in the second quarter. I had guys wide open and missed them by 5 yards. Easy timing passes that I've hit in pretty much every game. I just started playing small ball and ran as much as I could. I hit a couple of passes later as I softened them up a ton.

• Like Like x 1
  22. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I had this quite a bit this season with Driskel. I have found that certain passes are not the passes to open the game with.

23. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

[​IMG]

Hogs Force Turnovers to Upset LSU, Win "The Boot"

[​IMG]

Wooo Pig Sooie!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3