Week 14, 2018

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

#7 Georgia Tech vs. Georgia​
    #3 Ohio State vs. #21 Michigan
    Northwestern vs. Illinois​
    #4 Alabama vs. Auburn​
    #10 Wisconsin vs. Purdue​
    #13 North Carolina vs. Pittsburgh​
    #5 Texas vs. #22 TCU​
    #25 Oklahoma vs. #16 OK State​
    User Game of the Week #8 Florida vs. #20 Florida State

2. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Crumbler81 when you wanna play. I'm good tomorrow night at around 9:30 EST if that works for you?

3. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

CJTHA1 I've made some plans this morning to work on an assignment with a friend from class tonight 630-10PM Eastern... so unless late tonight works for you it's looking like tommorow is better. If you're home today I can play today also as long as we begin 2pm Eastern latest. You've got my cell just txt me for instant contact.

4. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

We're on for today at Noon eastern.

5. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

SHOWDOWN IN TALLAHASSEE

Losing a plethora of talent this year didn’t stall the FSU Seminoles as much as the entire country believed it would. Two early stumbles vs. Notre Dame (the defending National Champions) in week 1 as well as Georgia Tech in week 3, which was just a 7 point loss made the world question the resurgence of the program. That following week, the Noles avenged a tragic loss to North Carolina in Chapel Hill, playing host to the Heels and hanging them a 45-14 loss. The Noles rallied to win 6 games straight demolishing ACC competition averaging about 45 points in those contests before lowly Syracuse took them into OT and stole a game from them. Last week, a disciplined Seminole squad took the field and easily handled Maryland 41-10.

This weeks contest, Coach Macc will have more revenge on his mind as his team plays host to the cross-town rival Florida Gators. This is a game with huge implications as the #8 Gators enter looking for their 10th win on the year, without mentioning it being one of the nastiest rivalries in all of sports.

The Gators are a very well coached, balanced team that won’t have any award winning caliber players but their leader without question is 5th year senior QB Chad Jackson. The dual threat QB lead his team down the field for a 14-point 4th quarter comeback so to say he has FSU’s number is an understatement. Jackson has no clear cut favorite target but loves to go to his class-mate 5th year WR Johnny Gibbs near the redzone. Gibbs leads the team in receptions and touchdowns. Limiting the Gator’s QB on offense will be essential for FSU to win this game, few teams have yet to do so this season.

The Seminoles are extremely top heavy with talent and bolster countless consensus All-American selections when it’s all said and done. You know exactly what to expect from FSU and who to expect it from. Their three best players? All first or second year players, surprisingly. QB Ryan Morgan is a solid pocket passer who trusts his arm far too much and forces throws. To his credit, it’s his job says his coach. Put the ball in the hands of two of the best playmakers in the country – true freshman Marcus Johnson and super sophomore Chip Mitchell. The Gators secondary will have their hands full trying to cover these two threats who are often split on opposite sides of the field.

Defensively, the Gators are lead by local star SS Maurice Means. Coach Macc praised Means last year as being one of the most tout defenders in the country and sure enough he will have to gameplan against him once again. Means is off to an outstanding senior year accounting for 71 tackles (36 solo) 12 for a loss 4 sacks and 3INTs. He can hurt you in a bevy of ways and his speed is outstanding. His partner in crime Brandon Sanders also has a plethora of speed to boot. He has a 2nd gear that not many players at this level flash. FSU will want to keep things infront of him and make him make tackles because his coverage is 2nd to none.

The Seminoles are lead by true freshman MLB Patrick Dunbar, who has taken a leadership role very seriously on this team and his vocal leadership is very beneficial a role left by last yr graduating seniors James Pettway and Mike Wesley. This was an area of concern heading into the season, how you would replace your two top MLBs and all Dunbar has done since is account for 69 tackles 48 solos 28 for a loss and 24 sacks…. All topping the duo of last season. Dunbar likes to get pressure on QBs and has his best games against dual-threats so look for this to be an interesting match-up with the Gator QB. His partner, OLB Marcus Holt the true sophomore is also a threat as he’s accounted for 46 tackles 29 of them solo, 14 for a loss and 7 sacks. The defensive-back unit for FSU has had a pleasant surprise, it’s been among the defenses top units and has a ton of talent that have played up to and exceeded their potential. We believe Traevon Banks has one of his break-out games.

This one is tough to call because both teams if they stick to their gameplan, could be in for another burner. Florida will miss the speed they had on offense last year and FSU has used that game as a corner stone for improving in many areas. We believe it will be whoever “breaks out of their shell” and does a few different things, if Florida can find a consistent target and he can continue to hurt the defense they could be in for some success and if FSU can get their extremely dormant run game going like earlier this year vs UNC they could also be in for some success. Covering both MJ88 and King Chip is a tall order but one the Gators have the talent to be capable of.

Time of possession, turnover battle, 3rd down conversions and run game will likely be the keys to todays victory.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Yeah 9:30pm est works for me.

7. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Cool. Good luck in round 1/2

8. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

LOL same to you :)

9. jandy

jandy Walk On

Go Blue!!

10. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

florida game.png

This years UF-FSU game lived up to allll the hype. While it wasn't a high flying offensive game and one that had the fans on the edge of their seats with big plays, but it went into an overtime period despite FSU having a 10-0 lead in the 4th. ​
    It looked to have disaster destined for Coach Macc who just could not afford a late game collapse where his team had a comfortable lead late. It appeared as though the Gators had full intent on it once again as they drove right down to add 7 before forcing an awful 3 and out by FSU in the shadow of their own goal post. To make matters worse, CB Dwayne Gamble the teams #1 CB was carted off the field with a knee injury, afterwards finding out he'll miss at least TEN weeks due to surgery. Crushing blow for the Seminoles moving forward as he was one of their top pass defenders. Florida had the ball and QB Chad Jackson had just gotten comfortable with taking off out of the pocket breaking off massive gains. The FSU seemingly had no answer until they finally caught him.... 30 seconds left the Gators driving to attempt to win in regulation.... Chad escapes the pocket, but a cleat gets stuck in the ground and he gets crushed by the FSU DLine. Jackson is down and its obvious he was done for the day.​
    The Gators kicked the field goal to force an over time and went in with backup QB the second year freshman Jermaine Martin, who got his first taste of a rivalry that he will likely be playing in the next 3 years. Martin came in and it was loud at Doak Campbell, you couldnt even hear yourself think. The FSU D forced a 4th and 2 on the first possession holding UF to a FG. The FSU offense looked dismal all day, had no explosive plays you're used to and NO interceptions, something the team was NOT used to. Gator defenders dropped about 4 or 5 easy picks thankfully for FSU.​
    A familiar 3rd and 2 situation struck. Coach Macc called his backup RBs number, the true freshman speedster Chris Fields to take the draw handoff. Fields, interestingly enough during his recruitment knew he would be playing in this game. He was only unaware about which team he would be playing for as both coaching staffs made a big push for him. He said he had dreams about making big plays in this game as a kid, little did he know he would be the difference maker in overtime of his very first one. Fields took the ball on the delay and the Gators had both safeties crashing in on him. Fields turned on the jets and ran straight splitting the two down the middle as receivers Marcus Johnson and Chip Mitchell made key blocks springing him to the endzone for the victory. ​
    Doak Campbell errupted and fans rushed the field as the #20 FSU Seminoles upset the #8 Florida Gators 16-13.​
    POTG​
    Chris Fields 16 carries 47 yards 1TD​

• Like Like x 2
  11. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

GO ACC!

12. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

LongGONE24 That was a great game. I love these battles between the Noles and Gators in real life and we brought it two years in a row in this dynasty. It was very good playing you and now the Gators will have revenge on our minds next year in the Swamp.

• Like Like x 2
  13. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Yessir it was a back and forth kind of game. Closest in my experience thus far.... finally have a User GOTW win under my belt.

• Like Like x 1
  14. jandy

jandy Walk On

Finally made it through the regular season without losing to the CPU!:confused: Looks like we'll be meeting in the SEC Championship, cmassey13. Is there a time that works for you in the next couple days?

15. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

GG Crumbler81

He knocked Owens out for the season, so bye bye Hesiman, you're welcome cmassey13

• Like Like x 1
  16. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I'll have my game done this afternoon around 3cst

17. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

I should be done around the same time, maybe an hour later... Would have finished yesterday, but had a power outage while playing...

18. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

In other news, HOW IS GEORGIA 1-10!?

19. jandy

jandy Walk On

• Like Like x 2
  20. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

Spayer419 ... not sure if you got my text, but i'll be home late tonight and would love to play my last game of the season. if you can't hold the advance, i understand, but i'd appreciate the consideration. thanks.

21. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I'll hold the advance. Crumbler81 I wont be able to play our game until Friday unfortunately. Can play anytime after 2 PM EST. When works best for you?

22. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Can't wait till see which I am projected to play vs my bowl game. They're usually correct if you're not involved in a conference championship by that week.

23. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

If that's the case, then I'm probably headed for that elusive Chick-Fil-A "I wish I was still called the Peach" Bowl.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

#13 North Carolina 80, Pittsburgh 51

Chapel Hill, NC - The UNC Tar Heels closed the 2018 regular season in style, outscoring the Panthers 21-0 in the 4th quarter to pull away. This highly offensive game saw over 1350 yards of total offense, as both teams ran up and down the field on the respective defenses. QB Chris Archer made his play for player of the week, finishing with a team records 717 passing yards, and 8 TD passes. RB Philip Fuller had 167 receiving yards, 81 rushing yards, and 4 total TDs, 3 of which came on 1-yard plunges. 4 UNC receivers went over 100 yards receiving and the maligned UNC defense steeped up late, picking off 2 passes. Pittsburgh was led by QB Brett Davis who fininshed with 340 passing yards and 4TDs and RB Justin Williams, who finished with 159 rushing yards.

The first half saw both teams run up and down the field as Pitt kicked off the opening fireworks as Jovan Fogle returned the opening kick for a TD. UNC would have to settle for a FG on it's initial drive to close to 7-3, but after a Pitt 3 & out (which was the only one of the game), LB Jon McKinney stepped in front of an Archer pass an returned it for a TD and a 14-3 Pitt lead. UNC would respond quickly as Archer would drive the Heels downfield on consecutive drives, culiminating in Fuller TD runs ad a 17-14 UNC lead after one. UNC would get an INT on Pitts next drive and Archer would throw his 1st TD pass to make the score 24-14. Pitt next drive would end on downs in UNC territory, and UNC raced down the field for another TD and a 31-14 lead. The teams would then trade TDs back and forth to close the half with a UNC lead at 45-28.

UNC took the ball to open the second half, and quickly scored to put UNC up 52-28 and seemingly in control. But Pitt did not quit, and responded with a long TD drive of its own (and 2-pt conversion) using its big advantage over the UNC substitute corners. An UNC response made the score 59-36, but Pitt responded with back-to-back TDs after a UNC fumble. Another 2 pointer after Pitt's 2nd TD made the game a one score game 59-51 to end the third.
    UNC's defense finally showed up in the 4th, and after Archer's 6th TD pass to put UNC up 66-51, intercepted Pitt deep in their own territory. Archer took advantage the next play and found Justin Brink for his 7th TD pass and a 73-51 lead. Pitt would drive again, but would be intercepted in the end zone to kill the drive. From there, Philip Fuller ran the ball 6 straight times before a sweet-play action pass that Coley would haul in to close the scoring. UNC closes its season at 9-3, 7-2 in the ACC, drop Pitt to 6-5 and awaits its Bowl Game assignment.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  25. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

No It will likely change but if you're not In a CC and it shows your projection next week I e found its often the same. Could change.g