Week 14 3 Things I Think I Think

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by GoGators, Feb 24, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Week 14 3 Things I Think I Think

1) There's a great matchup brewing in the SEC. Bama vs Florida in the SEC championship game in Atlanta will be a real battle. Coach Eagles hasn't been challenged yet this season, but he hasn't played a team with Alabama's talent level yet either. Coach Dru has been feeding his team gigantic amounts of humble pie in the past few weeks. However, I don't think the talent on the Bama roster has anything to be humble about. It's a college football playoff NCAA style, win and you're in. My gut tells me Florida wins big because digital Tebow doesn't have any of the flaws real life Tebow has. He's great under center and drops back like an All American. That's too much to handle.

2) The Big 12 championship game looks to be a rematch between OU and Nebraska. Nebraska got clobbered in their first meeting when they were at full strength. Now they don't have star running back Roy Helu Jr. That doesn't sound good going agaisnt a tough OU defense. Nebraska Coach Hippo has guaranteed a better showing to the media, but that's to be seen. OU will come into this game big favorites and I think that's probably how the game will end up as well.

3) Big matchup this week in the Big East with Cincy vs Pitt. I spoke with the Bearcats HC this week and he told me that star QB and WR combo Pike and Gilyard are extremely upset with the lack of attention they've been getting from the awards voters. Gilyard's already set a school record and Pike is closing in on one and neither were even one of the 12 finalists for their positional awards. With that in mind, the pair know of one way they can finally steal some headlines this season. Knocking off a top rated Pitt team and dashing their BCS dreams.

Should be a great battle between those two teams. Even with the motivation in Cincy, I'm not sure their young defense will have the firepower to contain the Panther offense and Dion Lewis. I think the smart money would be on Pitt in this one.

2. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

I love stuff like this, very well done Gators. I agree on each matchup, especially the SEC champ game. Even though Alabama has 1 loss, it was a sim loss, so I look at Dru as unbeaten so far. I'm looking forward to how that game plays out.

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I can add to the Big 12 match up as I have played both. If Nebraska runs the ball half as good as they did against me they will win, but it will be close. But if Nebraska is forced to throw the ball the outcome will be similar to the first match up with OU. I am picking the upset Nebraska 31-28.

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Very nice work Gators.

My thoughts on the big games coming up:

Bama vs Florida - I think the talent is fairly even, but Florida has the major edge at QB, and the only time I've played Eagles he thumped me severly. I am looking to keep the game close and give myself a chance in the 4th quarter.

Cincy vs Pitt - I would have possibly like Cincy in this game earlier in the season, but the drubbing put on Cincy by USF makes me think that Pitt takes this one. A loss to Cincy likely drops Pitt out of the national title picture, so there is much more pressure on the Panthers.

OU vs Nebraska - The first matchup seems to have turned on two early pick 6's which put the Huskers in a hole and forced Coach Hippo away from what he wants to do. But if I recall in the stats, he still had major running success in that game. I think Nebraska wins the rematch as Hippo will stick to the run more and not ask his QB to win the game for him.

5. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

I'm going to go ahead and use my 1 playbook change for this season and switch to the Texas Tech offensive playbook. Enough with the running game stuff. I never have any good highlights to offer up.

[SIZE="-100"]j/k[/SIZE]

6. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Focus on Dion as much as you want, he hasn't played for the last 7 weeks I believe. Lol

7. GoGators

Goes to show how bad the Cincy defense is. They probably can't even stop a guy that doesn't play.

8. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

LET'S GO CINCY!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

9. GoGators

hahaha, I think I seen that guy in New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl.