Week 14 Content/Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by PAgamer07, Nov 26, 2010.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Yeah, it's been awhile since I've done one of these. Life sometimes gets in the way of fun...

[​IMG]

Right now the ACC is certainly proving it's a powerhouse conference. All 4 user teams are in the Top 25 BCS Standings, with Clemson ranked the lowest at #24. Boston College has a legitimate shot at a National Championship. They've won their final regular season game, and now need a win over Virginia Tech in the ACC Championship to seal the deal.​

[​IMG]
    11-1 (7-1)

Boston College is currently ranked #2 in the BCS Standings. A win in the ACC Championship game will give them a shot at a second consecutive National Championship. They've already beaten the Hokies once. By 30 points, so the confidence level is certainly there. They had only one loss on the year, to a very good Florida State CPU team. Their final game of the season against Notre Dame was incredibly close as they pulled out a 43-42 win, to preserve their chances.​
    QB Mike Mascovetra had a phenomenal season so far. He has over 3000 yards and 31 TD to only 8 Interceptions. He certainly has my vote for ACC QB of the Year.​
    On the defensive side of the ball, do it all MLB Luke Kuechly put up an amazing statline. 69 tackles (16 FL), 4 sacks, 2 INT and 5 Forced Fumbles. A season like this puts him in discussion for ACC Defensive Player of the Year.​

[​IMG]
    10-1 (7-1)

The Hokies currently sit at #4 in the BCS Standings. Their only loss coming at the hands of Boston College. They do have a huge chance to not only get revenge, but possibly propel themselves to #2 in the BCS Standings. But it won't be easy. Boston College humiliated them in a 44-14 drubbing, which still lingers. They also have to get by a very good Missouri team to finish out their season. A win, and the ACC Championship game means everything.​
    HB David Wilson is the key to this offense. He had an excellent season, and will probably be named ACC Running Back of the Year. He had nearly 1500 yards on 225 carries which is nearly 7 YPC. He also was 2nd in the conference with 14 TD.​
    Defensively, MLB Quillie Odom had a fantastic year. Although I wouldnt say he was better than Kuechly, he was certainly right in the discussion. He leads the Conference with 71 tackles, 17 for loss. He's also added 1 sack, 1 INT and 4 Forced Fumbles.​

[​IMG]
    8-3 (5-3)

What happened to the Hurricanes this year? Although they are still ranked #9 in the BCS Standings, the 3 losses are certainly a blemish on what should have been at the least an ACC Coastal Championship. Yeah we finished 2nd, but it was still incredibly frustrating. All 3 Miami losses were in Conference: Virginia Tech (sim), Boston College, and Florida State (CPU). The ACC can't be taken lightly, and next year expect to see a determined Hurricanes team. Miami has one huge game remaining. #5 Ohio State. A win here, will prove to the doubters that this team is for real. A loss? Forget about a January Bowl game.​
    WR Tommy Streeter is easily the most talented WR in the ACC. He was 1st in the ACC in catches (64), Yards (1222) and tied for 1st with 9 TD. When he leaves, he will be hard to replace.​
    Defensively, LE Olivier Vernon had a great season. He is 2nd in the conference with 11 sacks, and was the most dominant passrusher for a mediocre Canes defense.​

[​IMG]
    7-4 (5-3)

Well I knew it was a bad year for Clemson when I started looking through the leaderboards and had trouble finding noteworthy guys. 4 losses and unranked in the coaches poll, they are lucky to be ranked #24 in the BCS Standings. Losses to Ole Miss, Boston College, Virginia Tech and yes Florida State beat them too. Their final game is against South Carolina in what will be a very tough rivalry game. They need to win this game to avoid losing school prestige. How they got themselves in this mess is anyone's guess, but the Tigers are a tough one to figure out.

QB Kyle Parker had a pretty good season considering their record. He did well protecting the ball only throwing 8 INT, but he only accounted for 16 TD passes and 2200 yards.

ROLB Jonathan Willard is probably considered their best defensive player. He had 49 tackles (14 FL), 3 sacks, 1 INT and 3 Forced Fumbles.

2. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Welcome to Week 14!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #3 Texas Longhorns (10-2) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 45-7 against Texas A&M (8-4).
    This week, the Longhorns are idle.

=============== #14 LSU Tigers (9-3) ===============
    Last week, LSU lost 48-45 against Arkansas (8-4).
    This week, the Tigers are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Brandon Jackson has committed to LSU
    - (***) DT Ricky Yates has committed to Connecticut
    - (***) WR Evan Edwards has committed to Ohio State

=============== #2 Boston College Eagles (11-1) ===============
    Last week, Boston College won 43-42 against Notre Dame (6-4).
    This week, the Eagles are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Boston College targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Andy Alexander has committed to Miami
    - (****) RT Zach Price has committed to Oklahoma
    - (***) HB Mike Hurst has committed to Boston College

=============== #22 Clemson Tigers (7-4) ===============
    Last week, Clemson won 47-33 against USC (7-2).
    This week, the Tigers will host #4 South Carolina (10-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Rico Fitzpatrick has committed to Tennessee
    - (***) LOLB M.J. Vincent has committed to Tennessee
    - (***) MLB Brandon Jackson has committed to LSU
    - (***) WR J.R. Newman has committed to West Virginia
    - (***) LG Jack Miller has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (***) FS Chris Hall has committed to Clemson

=============== #1 Florida Gators (12-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida won 37-16 against Florida State (8-3).
    This week, the Gators are idle.

=============== #8 Miami Hurricanes (8-3) ===============
    Last week the Hurricanes were idle.
    This week, the Hurricanes will host #6 Ohio State (9-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LE David Workman has committed to Marshall

=============== #11 Alabama Crimson Tide (10-2) ===============
    Last week the Crimson Tide were idle.
    This week, the Crimson Tide are idle.

=============== #19 Missouri Tigers (8-3) ===============
    Last week, Missouri won 31-6 against Iowa State (5-6).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Blacksburg to face the #5 Virginia Tech Hokies (10-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Missouri targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Charles Rouse has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #15 Nebraska Cornhuskers (9-3) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 38-24 against Colorado (3-9).
    This week, the Cornhuskers are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) SS John Lamb has committed to Nebraska
    - (***) WR Richard Brant has committed to Texas Tech
    - (***) LOLB Joe Pugh has committed to Nebraska

=============== #7 Oklahoma Sooners (10-2) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma won 35-0 against North Carolina (5-6).
    This week, the Sooners are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Charles Rouse has committed to Oklahoma
    - (****) RT Zach Price has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #4 South Carolina Gamecocks (10-1) ===============
    Last week the Gamecocks were idle.
    This week, the Gamecocks travel to Clemson to face the #22 Clemson Tigers (7-4).
    In recruiting news, the following South Carolina targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Michael Ross has committed to Connecticut
    - (*) FB James Howard has committed to Ohio State
    - (***) CB Frank Higdon has committed to Oklahoma State
    - (***) C Marques Allen has committed to South Carolina

=============== #5 Virginia Tech Hokies (10-1) ===============
    Last week the Hokies were idle.
    This week, the Hokies will host #19 Missouri (8-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LG Jack Miller has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (***) RE Harry Simmons has committed to Central Michigan

3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

*crickets* What a colossal waste of time..

4. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

lol, I know man. Sometimes I wonder about this league. You try and do cool stuff and nobody even bothers to comment on it. If it means anything, I think you did a kick-ass job with it. You'd think one of your ACC brothers would comment on it though.

5. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Alright I am back in full force. I will get started getting caught up on everything now and we will advance tonight. I am just waiting on Ryalaman to get online so we can get our game in. If he hasn't gotten on by midnight eastern, I will advance no later than then.

6. SodaAddict

Sorry man, I haven't been around. Well done with this, as usual. It's a holiday weekend so you can't expect too much. We'll get it back rolling again. Don't be discouraged.

Clemson's had an extremely frustrating year with 4 losses of 7 or less points. But we're hoping to right the ship in our rivalry game against the Gamecocks and get things moving back in the right direction.

Our recruiting class is currently ranked #10, with room to improve.

Don't forget about the Tigers!

7. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I think Mizzou/VT is playing at 11 pm eastern tonight... so maybe a few minutes after that I'd guess. And GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Mizzou. That would be nice for my attempt to get an undeserved national title.

8. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Ill do my best

9. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Mizzou was overwhelmed by the ACC poty HB Wilson, as he racked up 100 yards rushing on the ground. The defense, being so concerned about the run, was prone to giving up big passing plays also. The Hokies came out with a great gameplan of mixing up the run and pass and completly kept me off balance. On offense, Franklin's mobility was useful in opening up some big plays and threw for 2 tds. But 2 int's lead to 14 Hokie points, and Mizzou could not recover. Now the Tigers must bounce back and prepare to take on a Sooner team for the Big 12 title and a shot at a bcs bowl.

#5 Virgina Tech 45 - #19 Mizzou 28

10. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

I think you hit everyones analysis perfectly. I love reading content about my team and you are dead on with the summary so thanks for the hard work. Good mention of Quillie Odom, he has been a monster for me and isn't even that highly rated. He is just one of those guys that is always around the football. He only has 1 tackle in the Mizzou game which pretty much gives Kuechly the nod for DPOTY in the ACC.

11. SodaAddict

See? You got the interest of most of the conference :)