Week 14 Cowboys(28) Vs Cardinals(7)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by wajomatik, Jul 1, 2010.

1. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Week 14 Cowboys(28) Vs Cardinals(7)

Cowboys Tame a Bear
    [​IMG]
    This weeks match up against the 8-4 Cardinals was just about as do or die for the Cowboys as it gets. Well they did and they did it in impressive fashion defeating Arizona 28-7. Both teams were looking to separate themselves from the other 4 NFC teams with 8-4 records and this victory gives Dallas a much needed boost heading into the final stretch of the season. The Dallas defense continues to show dominance as they held rookie sensation Bjorn “The Bear” Mason to 58 yards on 16 carries, while sacking Matt Leinart 5 times and picking him off 4 times.

As the game opened up Arizona received the ball first and just couldn’t seem to get anything going and were forced to punt. Dallas’s first possession showed the team move the ball very effectively on the ground scoring on a Tim Tribow 3 yard rush. The Arizona offense came back out and Matt Leinart hit Peerman who managed to slip away from 3 Dallas defenders and took it 58 yards to pay dirt. The second quarter would show more of Arizona trying to get it going on the ground but just having no luck. Dallas would get into scoring range only to see Romo throw a pick in the end zone but on the ensuing drive Leinart would throw a pick of his own setting up a Dallas TD just before half to put Dallas up 14-7. In the second half Leinart was harassed constantly as the Cardinals began to deviate from the ground game. Arizona seemed to be getting a nice drive together but was cut short by a Newman interception. Dallas would put 14 more points on the board as Romo made several key 3rd down passes. The Cardinals final shot in the game fell just short as Arizona would drive within the 10 yard line of the end zone only to see Mike Jenkins pick off Leinart to seal the deal.

GG Bates. I will do my best to give a loss to Bluebean next week to even it up for you
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Key Stats
    T. Romo 20-29 189YRDS 1INT
    M. Barber 17ATT 62YRDS 1TD
    V. Butler 2SACKS 1FF POG

M. Leinart 12-23 233YRDS 4INT 1TD
    B. Mason 16ATT 58YRDS
    A. Boldin 3REC 59YRDS

2. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Haha, thanks. I was frustrated that your defenders held onto ints and mine didn't. There were 2 passes that should have been easy ints.

3. wajomatik

Yeah I thought they were picks too.

4. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

That option play was sick btw...never seen that before. Why did you get rid of Felix Jones? He would have taken that to the house.

5. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

yea that wildcat option play is awesome, and waji knows how to time it perfectly

6. wajomatik

Yeah its something that took a while to get down but it is a great play as long as it works out. I've had some stupid looking turnovers using that play lol. Yeah Bates Felix kills on that play but I had 3 good backs and needed to trade one of them to get another 1st rounder.