Week 14 Game of the Week

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by killajo90405, Jan 6, 2010.

1. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Week 14 Game of the Week

Alright boys, back from my holiday break with the match-up of the week column.

#1 Clemson looks to finish strong and secure a national championship game berth. However they must go on the road and play in the #2 toughest stadium in the country, no easy task.

Tale of the Tape-

Clemson

Deffense -
    Clemson has a beast on the D-line, and he has a crazy name! Malliciah Goodman might sound like an accountant but he instead has 60Tkls and 15Sks and is a Bednarik & Lombardi award finalist. As a team they are top 20 in the following categories; Total D, Rush D, Pass D, TO Diff. This sounds like a defense that should contend for a National Title.

Offense - #1 in PPG, total offense, #1 in Rush offense. RB Jamie Harper is a load at 239 and has 32 broken tackles. Backup RB Andre Ellington has 14 TDs. QB Willy Korn is mobile as well, but he has shined as a passer. With a 2-1 TD-INT ratio, he has complimented this run first team. This group is balanced and can score from all positions

LSU

Defense - This team has one of the most talented Lines in the country. AA DT Chris Davenport hasn't gotten in the opposing teams backfield as often as last year, but he still clogs the middle very well. The defense needs to do they're part in not adding to their poor -15 T) ratio

Offense -
    This group can move the ball. Holding on to it has been their problem this year. They RD SO Russel Sheppard has showed flashes of greatness, yet has thrown 17Ints. Despite the good O-line this team has not tried to run the ball much. They would be well served by trying to keep the Clemson offense of the field and control some clock.

Prediction -
    I think LSU will put up a good fight and scares the heck out of Clemson. However In the end I think Sheppard gets in his own way and throws an INT that will seal the game late.
    Clemson by 6

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Man I missed these game of the week write-ups. Nice work Killa.

Good luck LSU!!!

3. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

SEC
    show the ACC whose daddy LSU