Week 14 Game Summaries (2014)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Selvy9, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Horned Frogs Clinch Spot in Big 12 Title Game

TCU 47
    Texas Tech 17

After a brutal loss last week to Texas, Senior Day proved to be the moral boost the team needed, as TCU handled Texas Tech with ease.

It was a big day for the seniors all around. In his final game in Fort Worth, senior QB Trevone Boykin had a good showing, throwing for 3 TDs and 206 yards. Senior RB Dwight Smith went out with one of his best games of the season, rushing for 92 yards on 26 carries.

But it was the Frogs' defense and special teams that helped blow this one open, as there would be a fumble returned for a touchdown as well as a bizarre 68 yard end of the half FG attempt attempt that predictably fell 14 yards short and into the waiting hands of another senior, Brandon Carter, who returned it 94 yards to effectively end the game, giving TCU a 30-3 halftime lead. Carter also had 3 catches for 66 yards.

It was a nice day for another senior, FG kicker Eric Turner, as well. It was his 1 for 4 night, including a 30 yard would-be game winner in OT, that hurt most in the loss last week in Austin. But back in Fort Worth, Turner went 4 for 5, including 3 from 45+ yards.

With the win, TCU finishes the regular season at 9-3 (6-2) and will play either Kansas or Oklahoma in the Big 12 Championship.

2. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Missouri finishes off the season with a 41-7 loss to Kansas. The sliders are different for me not that I'm making an excuse but just everything is slow. My RB with 97 accel and 92 speed hits the holes like a 300+ pound linemen. People with 89+ speed on my team run like they are 78 and under. I guess I will just have to get used to it.

3. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Ya slow speed takes some getting used to but once you do it gets easier plus you probably don't have the best O-line.

4. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Clean, Old Fashioned Hate!

[​IMG]@[​IMG]#1

Dawgs shutout Yellow Jackets 30-0
    [​IMG]

The Bulldogs kicked the shit out of Georgia Tech this week 30-0 in the heated annual rivalry Clean, Old Fashioned Hate. QB Christian Lemay completed 14 out of 24 passes for 242 yards and 1 touchdown. HB Isaiah Crowell dominated once again rushing the ball 31 times for 190 yards and 2 touchdowns, Crowell also had 2 receptions for 42 yards. The dominant Bulldog defense shut down Georgia Tech holding them to only 107 yards of total offense and forcing them to throw 2 interceptions. Next week the Bulldogs get to rest up before heading to the SEC Championship game to face either Auburn or Alabama.

5. sonn

sonn Walk On

FSU holds off Florida 28-19​
    Jacob Coker went 15/25 for 230 yards and 3 touchdowns and true freshman returner Kevin Johnson added his 4th kickoff return of the season for a touchdown as Florida State defeated their hated in state rivals. The defense held off a late comeback attempt by the Gators as Keelin Smith had a huge interception midway through the 4th quarter as Florida was threatening to score. On the Gators' next series the defense also shut down a 4th and 6 on the 25. Jeff Driskel finally managed to get a touchdown on an improbable 56 yard pass to Soloman Patton but it was too little too late.​
    FSU Key Player​
    Jacob Coker 15/25 230 Yards 3 TD​