Week 14: Philadelphia @ Tampa Bay

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by BirdDog1980, Nov 16, 2012.

1. BirdDog1980

BirdDog1980 Walk On

Philadelphia - 27

Tampa Bay - 31

First of all, sorry for the late post.. the game was played about 2 weeks ago and it totally slipped my mind. I'll try to remember as much as I can from off the top of my head.

Tampa Bay found themselves in another wacky, wild game that would go down to the final possession.. and it was wacky from the very start.

From the first play of scrimmage, Coach Berding called a WR Screen to the right side for Mike Williams. Williams apparently wanted no part of this play as the ball hit him right in the facemask. As the ball fell to the ground, Eagles rookie LOLB Mychael Kendricks would fly in and grab the ball just as it hit the ground and would run it back for a Pick 6 on the first play of the game. The play would be reviewed by teh booth due to the fact that it was a scoring play, but the booth upheld the call even though it appeared that the ball touched the ground.. even went "through" it thanks to the impressive state of the art EA graphics rendering lol.

Tampa's 2nd possession stalled at midfield and the Bucs were forced to punt and ended up pinning the Eagles deep inside the 10. The very next play, from the Eagles first offensive play from scrimmage, Shady McCoy would run in between the tackles on the right side. It appeared that the Bucs had the hole clogged up, but McCoy would shimmy through the smallest of holes, break a tackle in the 2nd level, and would rumble 91 yds for an incredible TD. 14-0 Eagles in the first 1:30 of play.

Tampa would soon get things back under control and would score 10 unanswered points to close out the 1st qtr, 14-10 Eagles.

Fast forward to late in the game, Josh Freeman and Michael Vick were going toe-to-toe. Each would finish with over a 100 QBR. Shady McCoy continued to eat up the Bucs on the ground. WR Vincent Jackson had a huge day to counter McCoy... 7 catches for 166 yds and 3 TDs.

Philadelphia would score and take the lead 27-24 just before the 2 Minute Warning. Josh Freeman had all 3 timeouts left. Tampa would drive down the field, thanks to a big catch and gain by Jackson to get them on the edge of FG range. A big completion to Dallas Clark on 3rd & long to keep the drive alive, got them in the redzone as we approached 1:00. Philly would have to spend a couple of TO's to save some clock. On 3rd and Goal from inside the 2, Doug Martin would find space on the rigt side of the line and squeeze just across the line for the go ahead TD with 51 seconds to go.

Vick would have one last shot. With 1 timeout left, he hit a couple of big plays to Maclin and Jackson to get the Eagles across midfield with about 25 seconds left. On the next play, Vick went for all the glory.. he would launch a deep post to Brent Celek... not going to lie, it was a great throw.. I thought I was beat. As soon as he released it I thought to myself, "Oh shit, Celeck's open at the endzone." I usered to the rookie SS Michael Barron who was able to recover just in time and get over there and make a leaping desperation INT at the goalline. Bucs win a wild one 31-27.

This was a great game filled with big plays. I look forward to the rematch with Ghost in Wild Card Weekend! Hopefully the connection will be a bit smoother. It got a little choppy at times. GG Ghost.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

3. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

GG man