Week 14 - Season 2 (AND WEEK 15!!!)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jman, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Week 14 - Season 2 (AND WEEK 15!!!)

HARD ADVANCE FOR THURSDAY 11PM (CENTRAL)
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Rank User School Home/Away Rank Opponent Notes Result
    Colorado (6-6) VS BYE
    #6 Florida State (11-1) VS BYE
    #12 Oklahoma (8-2) @ Penn State (6-5)
    #4 Miami (10-1) VS USF (7-4)
    #2 Mizzou (11-0) VS Mississippi State (5-6) W 47-17
    #20 Nebraska (7-4) VS Alabama (5-6) W 28-21
    #11 North Carolina (9-2) @ Louisville (4-7)
    #1 Oklahoma State (11-0) @ Arkansas (6-5) W 28-21
    #14 Texas A&M (8-3) VS #18 Tennesee (8-3)
    #17 NC State (7-4) VS ECU (2-9) W 42-17[/COLOR]

User games wk 14 are....NONE!

Thsi week shoudl go quick, then tis a quick recruiting week on week 15 and on to the conference championships!

Don't forget to POST YOUR SUMMARIES in THIS thread after your games!

Remember, stay active! Warnings have been issued! Just post and be seen dammit! :D

2. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

S2 - WK14 - ECU @ NC State

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Team
    1st​
    2nd​
    3rd​
    4th​
    Final​
    ECU
    3​
    7​
    0​
    7​
    17​
    NCSU
    21​
    7​
    7​
    7​
    42​

NC State closed out a rather odd season with a beatdown of rival ECU. Not even a minute into the game and Russell Wilson connected with Jarvis Williams in the endzone for a 42 yard TD to jump to an early lead. Shortly after, MLB Sterling Lucas picked off a pass and took it about 10 yards to allow Brandon Barnes punish the defense with tough runs and eventually score. Just when ECU thought they had gained some momentum with a FG, they lost it shortly after when TJ Graham ran the kickoff back 77 yards for his 2nd special teams TD of the year. After the exciting 1st quarter both teams just sputtered around but it was NC State who managed to always be close enough to score.

Offensive MVP - Jarvis Williams 3 Rec 70 Yards 1 TD

Defensive MVP - Sterling Lucas 9 Tackles 1 TFL 1 INT

Highlights to come...

3. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

I beat Arkansas 28-21, I don't really have the time to write a great write up... but I will say my RB Pratt is out 4 weeks with an injury, QB Cate had over 300 yards passing and RB Jeremy Smith had over 120 yards rushing filling in for the injured Pratt.

Defensively my SS Rogers lead my team in tackles, while QB Mallett completely dismantled my secondary. Arkansas RB Broderick Green had well over 120 yards rushing and at one point had an average over 7 YPC.

We are finished for the regular season and will now meet the undefeated Missouri Tigers in the Big 12 championship.

4. Shmeezil

Shmeezil Walk On

I'm looking forward to that Big 12 championship. Gotta back my homie from the North. Go get 'em Wellar!

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

done. (8)

edit: check the "# of allowed scholarships" thread.

6. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Missouri backups dominate Mississippi State 47-14. 5 minutes into the game Mizzou scores the first points of the game on a 13 yard run by Devion Moore. Only a few plays later Mississippi State throws a pick 6 to give Missouri a comfortable lead. On Missouris next drive the Tigers had a little scare as a hard hit on Derrick Washington left him down on the ground. He left the game but we expect him ready for the conference championships.

With the conference championship match already locked up Mizzou decided to put in their backups to start the second quarter. They played extremely well running up the score and killing alot of time off the clock. Without some fumble trouble they may of even shut Mississippi State out. Mizzou looks to face off against the only other undefeated team in the conference championships.

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

#20 Nebraska 28
    Alabama 21

Cody Green came off the bench to lead the Huskers to victory. Green accounted for 3 total tds and about 275 total yards. Latravis Washington was awful, throwing 4 picks before getting the hook. Washington's Husker career is over, as Green will be starting the Alamo Bowl.

8. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

UNC Demolishes Louisville

Tar Heels Roll 44-0

Louisville, KY- The North Carolina Tar Heels stormed in and out of Louisville without giving up a point. And ended what began as a promising season for the Louisville Cardinals. The Cardinals were 3-1 out of conference. Their lone blemish was Saturday afternoon. The Cardinals however went 1-6 in the Big East and needed a win to have any chance at a bowl game.

In the middle of a snow storm the Tar Heels decided to run the ball…a lot. The Heels backs carried a total of 59 times for 320 yards and 3 TD’s. The carries ended up evenly split with Hunter Furr and Shaun Draughn receiving 18 carries, and Ryan Houston carried another 16 times. Furr and Draughn had 101 and 108 yards respectively, while Houston carried for 88 yards. All 3 backs had a rushing TD, Draughn added a receiving TD for good measure. Furr and Houston were instrumental on a 91 yard 8 minute drive that ended both the third and fourth quarters.

The Tar Heel defense was similarly dominant only giving up 103 yards of offense on the day. The second team came in and allowed the Cardinals only 32 yards of offense in the second half. No player on the defense really stood out, with three players recording at least 4 tackles and 7 recording at least 3. Zach Brown forced a fumble deflected a pass, and recorded a sack, but his was the only impressive stat line.

9. Jman

SEE POST BELOW

10. Jman

Nevermind. SPatin what happened? Saw you were playing earlier? EASportsworld has your game down as a loss, whats up?

11. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

Is this supposed to be on Week 14?

I lost power in the first quarter... it was 7-6 USF about 4 minutes in. We got 6+ inches of snow here last night/today and I started playing tonight around 6:30-7:00, but lost the first attempt early due to an outage. Re-played it around 9:00 with no problems though.

12. Jman

Moved posts to correct thread, was in a hurry last night

Sweet, thanks!

ADVANCING TO WEEK 15, WILL KEEP THIS THREAD AS THERE ARE NO GAMES, JUST RECRUITING! GET IT DONE!

13. Papa Perry

I'll need until tomorrow afternoon. I didn't think we'd advance so I made plans tonight and I won't be going by my grandmother's house today.

14. Jman

Not a problem in the slightest!

15. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'm done..

btw, SPatin..I'm going home tomorrow and will be available to play Friday and Saturday, not so much on Sunday. Please try and make those work if you can man, thanks!

16. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Nebraska is all set........just found a diamond in the rough, added him to my board last week. No other users are on him, but the cpu has him in the green. I'm in third right now....I'm the only school to offer him, so we'll see what happens. I took the OD offline, he comes in higher than the top player at his positition.

17. Papa Perry

I found one of those aswell but mine comes in at a 76 but the guy doesn't turn the ball over 85+/- CAR 95 ACC power back with low 80 speed but he could definately progress,

18. Papa Perry

I'm done with my recruiting. I think we have one or 2 teams left...

19. Jman

I think I'm it.

I'm gonna hop on and see/recruit and then advance it.

20. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Missouri signs :4stars: ATH Jason Stanley: Jason will make an incredible LB for Missouri, one of the top players this recruiting class. At 6'0 207 lbs he may be a little small but a very intelligent player. He has B- awareness as well as an insane B- play recognition. His B- speed combined with B zone coverage and great catching with make Jason a threat on defence. Watch for him to potentially start next year if Missouri decides to go with a 3-4 D.