Week 14 - Season 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Nov 21, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Week 14 - Season 3

Finally. Week 14.

OOOOO dub jumped me in the polls!

When should the advance be??

This week should go fast if not to many people are leaving for vacation soon. There are a lot of BYE weeks, and me and J are playing right now.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    USER TEAM RECORD OPPONENT RESULT SCORE
    MurkYa21 #3 Central Michigan 11-0 #13 Tulsa L 31-28
    Riptides #14 Ball State 8-2 @ Auburn W 28-0
    The Parrothead #24 Northern Illinois 8-3 Notre Dame W 27-24
    Colonel Thrillz Kent State 6-5 @ Kansas State L 41-16
    dub #2 Buffalo 11-0 BYE - -
    b milley Bowling Green 5-7 BYE - -
    Maxattax34 #11 Rice 9-2 BYE - -
    castortroy4206 ECU 7-4 Fresno State W 38-7
    NatiSaint #10 UCF 10-1 #17 USF W 34-7
    Kid Robotz #8 Southern Miss 9-2 Duke W 35-9
    MM Jman #13 Tulsa 9-2 @ #3 Central Michigan W 31-28
    MYCANE Houston 8-3 @ #23 Texas A&M W 41-38

UvU games:
    Tulsa @ Central Michigan

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Not so pleasant, in Mt Pleasant!​

I could hardly get his offense off the field..

But..let's just get to the 4th quarter. He scores early to make it a 14 point game with 4:20 left.

I go down the field, stepping out of bounds as much as possible, and using one time out to score a TD with 3:20 left on the clock.

On his first play of his next possession my OLB jumps an out route and takes it to the crib. tied up.

I stop him with about 1:20 left. On the first play, his corner jams the shit out of my WR and I was thinking it was cover 2. I threw the ball a little to soon (before I was sure or not) because I felt pressure, and the corner turned around and snagged it. Now he is already in field position. Game over.

He let's the clock run down to 10 seconds, lines up for the FG. It's up...it's...it's...NO GOOD!!!!

"but hold, we've got a mark down on the field" ...ROUGHING THE KICKER!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH...that makes TWO bad last second field goal experiences!

gg man!

3. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

AWESOME game between me and Murk, SO many highlights and exchanges!

He lost his stud HB early and had to get away from the run, I game up a 45 yard scramble TD to his slow ass QB ;), right before half when he was trying to get in range for 3 to make it 14-10 he gets CLEARLY OB with 0:02 but the clock keeps ticking to halftime. From there I manage to hold him a couple of times and score on two big pass plays including Damaris Johnson's 52 yard post route. Things are looking good for me...then he begins picking me apart.

I successfully pissed a 14 point lead away late in the second half with a pick six, got held on 3rd down, had to punt with under a minute left, Murk throws a pick to me at around his 25 or so, I milk the clock down to 0:07 on 4th down with a short FG attempt...MISS IT wide right (at this point I threw my controller like a 3 year old and woke the wife up as well as pissing the dogs off)...but there is a flag on the play! He got called for running into the kicker, I went ahead and ran a play with 0:07 left to put the ball in the middle this time and with 0:01 hit the FG!

OT would not have been beneficial to me as he took my QB beaver OUT for 3 weeks and I was playing with a converted HB!

Most fun I've EVER had in a game (better than ours S1 York!) and truly would have been even if I had been on the short end!

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

It makes me feel SO much better that I injured him for 3 weeks (except I don't think injuries last in the post season)..

still...[​IMG]

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

and I missed a 55 yard FG...I should've subbed in my punter who has more power..DAMN

6 points right there!

6. Jman

I think the biggest thing was that I was kicking the first time at a 4th and 4, had it been more than that and the running into the kicker not given me the chance to run the ball to the center/left-of-center part of the field for my kicker I would have missed again.....because...well....

I was having to kick with my SO punter since my kicker was out for 12 weeks, NO clutch whatsoever with this kid.

He'll be back for my shitty-ass bowl....and knowing my luck will go pro after what will be a 3200+ yard passing and 600+ rushing season lol, thats just my luck.

7. Jman

Damaris saved my ass though, one on the WR option for 6 and then the big pass for 6...he's a little resentful that he is the leading receiver in the nation and is like 7th on the best WR list since Deaundre is having the "Crabtree" effect and the nation is in love with him (He's not the only 99!!! :p), he's especially pissed about not being 1st team on you all-dynasty team!

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yeah, well at the time he didnt have as many yards or teddies..

I think he had 4 TDs last game right?

9. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

UCF takes over Florida with a so so sweet win over Rival USF. Looks like the Knights make it to their first Conference Championship Game!

10. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Advance should be Sunday night if we can schedule we can advance recruit then schedule Dub v Murk and Nati V Max for sunday night we can advance after the champ games to week one of the bowls. I know this is a lot to ask but lets get this done. Dub will be gone on monday through thnkg weekend. If the Champ games don't get in we have a week with no games :(

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I can play Sunday if you can dub

12. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I can play Sunday too if youre good for it Nati.

13. dub

dub Banned

Sunday is definitely out. I may be able to sneak a game in late night Monday or Tuesday. However again, I can't make any promises. Like I said on the vacation thread, my mom's in town, so if she goes to sleep early than I can play.

14. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Riptides is in Athens for a game today. I think he said he'd be back tomorrow, so I guess don't get too excited about getting the championship games Sunday (unless he somehow is able to play early).

15. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

I can't play Sunday night (more than likely) unless its late... I am wrestling out of town sunday evening.

16. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

oooooooh shit...im not liking the looks of this.

17. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Duke is pretty bad, not to mention Davis and Brown were both lost for the game in the 1st quarter. It wasnt anything fun, Duke sucks, I played al my seniors at every position, and still won.

I even fell asleep during a drive and had 35 delay of game penalties....LMAO....it was hilarious, I woke up at 5 AM and the game was paused and I was at the one....I lol'd. Then i gave up a safety, then just pounded the ball to put them out of their misery.

18. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

lmao!!!!

19. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

ah. possibly squeeze it in sunday afternoon?

anyway good luck out there!

20. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

what happened in your game Murk I saw you guys were losing in the 2nd?

21. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

What do you mean? We both posted what happened above..

22. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

We're waiting on Riptides, Shrike, and Parrothead to play their games..

Then we can advance to the next week, that has no games, and I think no recruiting. So, we'd move directly into the conference championship week.

dub, can you get the game in tonight if we advance, or what time tomorrow? We lost our playoff game so Im free anytime tomorrow, but would rather use tomorrow to get my homework done.

23. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

OOF-da, just got beat by the REAL K-State. Lost my QB in first quarter so I was down to 3rd stringer. He's awful. No accuracy, power, or speed.

I out-gained them and had way more possession, but defensive touchdowns and missed tackles leading to big plays did me in.

If I make a bowl I will have my starting QB back, I believe. That'd be huge.

24. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

That would be huuuuuge if we could advance tonight or early tomorrow. Skip week 15 since its useless to us anyways. I have a dream about being at the bowl games by thanksgiving. That way a nice long weekend to complete the season....one can dream right.

25. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

it has recruiting