1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Week 14 Season 5

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Feb 26, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]
    Advance Max: Monday @11PM EST (Tuesday for User Games)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  2. IrishBearcat

*Will have a restart next to my game. Was messing around with playbooks for next season last night and never switched back. fuzzyl0gic can confirm I quit at kickoff, I have picture proof as well.

With that said...

This contest was one of those games where a lot of crazy plays happened. My first drive I threw a pick but my backup RB came up and ripped the ball right out of the ASU defender's hands to get it right back. We got stuck in a 3rd and 19, converted on a deep streak. Then, another 3rd and long we hit the slot on the out pattern and the defender whiffed. TD Cal! ASU answered right back to make the game 7-7.

ASU attemped a field goal that was well outside of the kicker's range, and PR Curry took it all the way for a touchdown but there was clipping. The game glitched and we got the ball spotted on the Sun Devil's two yard line. Bigelow punched it in for a touchdown to make it 14-7. ASU answered RIGHT AWAY with an 82 yard touchdown over the top. 14-14 ball game at half.

Sun Devils house the opening kickoff to go up 14-21. The very next play Heisman Favorite RB Brendon Bigelow broke off a B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L run on a Power-O play for a 75 yard TD. It really jumped started the running game that had struggled mightily in the first half. Tied at 21-21 we picked off ASU on a fake punt attempt. Bigelow added TD #3 on a 2 yard run to give us the lead 28-21. ASU scored in under a minute. Tie ball game 28-28 entering the fourth. The game really felt like a boxing match and lacked any sort of defense!

The offense really blew up for Cal in the fourth. Subbing in back-up QB Marlon Davis (after Boehm tossed 3 picks) really started to payoff bigtime. He hit WR Jalen Jefferson deep between double coverage to give Cal a 35-28 lead. After forcing a rare punt, Cal's Bigelow added TD #4 on a 28 yard touchdown run between the tackles for six. ASU stormed down the field to cut the deficit to 7 points. Cal kept feeding Bigelow, and he added TOUCHDOWN #5 on 69 yard rushing TD! The run locked up the victory, and his performance should solidify his chances to bring home the Heisman Trophy.

DEFENSE NEEDS WORK - period. Returning only 2 starters on D hurt us bigtime this season, but with 6 returning starters for S6 and several key backups the Golden Bear D should improve vastly. 8-4 wasn't what the reigning National Champions were hoping for, but a bowl win and a Heisman Trophy will ease the pain of Cal-nation during a "down" season.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  3. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

MurkYa21 Can you play this evening/tonight?

4. IrishBearcat

I'm really excited for this game:

Utah ( Oshiomogho ) @ Arizona ( BakerWildcat7 )

At 5-6, Coach Baker is 1 win away from getting Zona to their FIRST bowl bid since he became head coach. Although Utah is a measly 4-7, don't let their record fool you. Several close losses, turnovers, and a handful of unlucky breaks have tarnished what could've been a solid season.

^Hoping this is streamed live!

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yeah, how does 7pm central work for you?

6. fuzzyl0gic

Works for me.

7. IrishBearcat

WSU ftw!

It looks UCLA wrapped up the South (I think so, CU and UCLA are tiedbut UCLA won head to head?). OSU v UCLA and Washington looks setup to pull a BAMA/CAL.

Saucy.

8. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Yes i beat Colorado

9. fuzzyl0gic

Why do you root against me? :(

10. IrishBearcat

Haha I'm just messing man. It's kinda cool being the only one to win a NC, so that's part of it. WSU has been hanging in there tough all season, and it'd be awesome for them to get a HUGE win to jump start momentum for S6.

If you get to the NC, you earned it. I'll be rooting for you to take home the hardware.