Week 14 Season 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BDSDIGITAL, Mar 22, 2010.

1. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Week 14 Season 6

The championship picture is really starting to come into focus as we wind down Season 6.

2 User games this week:

7-4 Colorado v. 9-2 #10 Iowa
    9-2 #3 Tulsa v. 10-1 #5 Texas A & M

Most of us are playing rivalry games this week, while some guys are playing vs. their old teams.

6-4 Washington vs. 0-9 Washington State for the Apple Cup

9-1 #6 Arizona vs. 4-7 Arizona State

10-1 #4 Wisconsin vs. 6-4 Southern Miss

10-1 #8 California vs. 3-8 Stanford

7-4 #21 Minnesota vs. 6-5 Houston

8-3 #12 UCLA vs. 5-6 USC

10-1 #2 Texas Tech vs. #23 9-2 Rice

Let's get this week done in a timely manner so we can get on with getting on!

2. BDSDIGITAL

Arizona 27 - Arizona State 21

With this win we clinched our 2nd consecutive Pac 10 title. It wasn't pretty at times but like Ric Flair used to say, "They don't ask me how I won, they ask me if I won."

Paul Mitchell had a tough day throwing for 150 yards, 0 tds and 2 int's. He did run for 2 scores though.

We lost our top two RB's to injury in this game as well. Hamby will be out for the rest of the regular season but should be back for the Rose Bowl, and we lost his backup Keith Smith for 5 weeks so his status for the Rose Bowl is uncertain. I'm going to try to make it through my regular season finally with just my third string RB. I'd hate to have to pull a red shirt off in the last game of the season.

The biggest play of the game might have been the kick return for a td by Adam Jones to end the first half.

We move to 10-1 and face Cincinnatti to end the regular season. We'll also be watching the polls to see if we can somehow hold Wisconsin off and leap frog Texas Tech for a shot at Purdue for the title. It's unlikely, but I guess there is a chance.

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

nice quote man, haha! Good shit on the little write up, let's fly through this week and pick up some energy. Hopefully the site will cooperate with us.

4. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

UCLA decimates USC 44-6. Pretty much a perfect game on both sides of the ball, with the UCLA defense holding USC's offense to just over 100 total yards and the UCLA offense racking up over 400, while holding the ball for nearly 20 minutes. This one was pretty much over after USC threw a pick on their second play, then fumbled away the kickoff after UCLA scored. Player of the game was TE Blake Romero who had over 200 yards receiving and 3 TD's. For some reason, the USC d-backs wanted to cover the WR's tightly, but nobody wanted to cover the TE. No complaints here...

Let's get those games in so I can play my bowl game soon! lol

5. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Cal - 56
    Stanford - 0

The players took out a little frustration for letting go a shot at playing for the National Championship after the defeat to Arizona the week before. :RS: QB Inman threw for over 400 and then gave way to another Freshman QB. Defense obviously played great but Stanford Offense was to brag about.

On to the bowl game. Waiting to see where Arizona lands to determine Cal's fate.

6. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Two user games, one guy to recruit, and Max left. We're always waiting on that slowpoke! :D

7. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Yah...Fuggin Max. I say we give TT a loss! Give him a big fat L for the delay. It doesnt benefit me so Im all for it.

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Didn't realize max was gone...

when is hes gonna be back?

9. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

lol ive been here. Just been slow. No high-speed internet at my GF's apartment means I havent played a guilt-free game of NCAA in days hahaha

edit: i posted in the bcs thread, but ill say it here too. I sim'd it offline making sure TAMU beat Tulsa and a ranked Colorado team in the big12 championship... TTU still got the nod. looks like it could be TTU vs. Purdue in the NC

10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

This is so disheartening but I still gotta win both games.... NCAA 10 how can you be so heartless?

11. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

24-19 Colorado falls to the 10th ranked Iowa Hawkeyes in Boulder. Coach York is frustrated with his team they cannot catch a break. Down 14 to 6 the Buffs drove the length of the field and scored to bring it to 14-12 early in the 4th the two point conversion was dropped by wide open WR freshman Matt Clarke. Not only dropped but he bobbled the ball 3 friggin times. Iowa returned the favor by going down and scoring to make it 21-12 with under 2 min left. The buffs stepped up and scored quickly to bring it to 21-19 a failed onside kick later and it looked all but over. We stopped them on 1st and 2nd down called 2 quick timeouts and everyone came to there feet it seemed like the Buffs had some life left in them. 39 sec left and the Iowa QB left the pocket early and scrambled ahead for a 7 yard gain. The Iowa kicker nailed a 46 yard FG with 19 sec left to put Colorado out of reach 24-19.

12. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

Yeah, quite a game! I've never seen anything like that bobbled pass. Short pass to a wide open WR who couldn't snag it as it repeatedly bounced off his hands and facemask. LOL! I shart my pants when the onside kick bounced forward off of one of my players. But, like it had for most of the game, the ball bounced Iowa's way.

O POTG: CU's HB Willie Babcock - went over 140 yards on the ground, averaging almost 7 yds/carry with 2 TDs, . Dude is a punishing runner.

D POTG: Iowa's SS Joe Louis - had 9 tackles and the game's only TO, out-jumping the CU TE and snagging a pick.

13. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

One user game to go. Let's get it in so I can get to my always entertaining bye week!

14. BDSDIGITAL

I think they are playing that tonight

15. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Looks like it's over. Advance! Advance!

16. KnightNoles

A&M shows Tulsa the Big XII runs through College Station

Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th F
    A&M 7 28 3 0 38
    Tulsa 3 14 0 7 24

A&M would build a lead in the 2nd quarter that they could coast the rest of the game even though Coach Knight wanted to score more for some style points. Regardless A&M will go into the Big XII Championship hopefully with some life to get into the National title.

Horner rushed 25 times for 103 yards a 4.1 avg, goal was for him to get <100 but that didnt happen and that would have been nice to shut down J's baby.

Look forward to this game again if it gets scheduled, Tulsa is def better than ol Duke lol..

Team Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    A&M Tulsa
    Score 38 24
    First Downs 11 17
    Total Offense 367 342
    Rushes-Yards-TD 32-131-3 39-143-1
    Comp-Att-TD 10-15-1 17-26-1
    Passing Yards 236 199
    3rd Down 3-9 (33) 6-13 (46)
    4th Down 0-0 1-1 (100)
    Redzone-TD-FG 4-3-1 (100) 3-2-1 (100)
    Turnovers 2 4
    Fumble 0 2
    Interception 2 2
    Total Yards 543 549
    Punts-Avg 4-43.3 4-44.8
    Pen-Yards 1-15 3-15
    TOP 11:46 16:14

17. KnightNoles

flip this shizzzzzzzz

18. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

The Big XII way of what Knigh? Run committing? ;)

It was a fun game, my D came alive on his 1st drive and then not again till the 2nd half. Turnovers kill. He proved though that you cannot shut down Horner, you can only hope to contain him as he managed 103 but no scores.

Would've been nice to clench a 2nd straight BCS bowl...but...oh well.

On to the conference championship and then the Big XII North I hope!

19. KnightNoles

i had a feeling you pull that out

updated summary

20. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

You know I'm teasing. I'm not enough of a whiner to throw a fit, was a good, fun game and thats all I'm ever after. Ya know?

21. KnightNoles

Yea but I hate when I clicked buttons too much and something that's not allowed happens.