Week 14: Seattle (17) Texans (10)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Moogle06, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Moogle06

Moogle06 Walk On

Week 14: Seattle (17) Texans (10)

In a close game the Seahawks hold on after scoring 0 points in the first half of this low scoring affair. The Texans had a massive 16 play drive in the first half that ended with a Ryan Moats fumble leaving the score at 0-0 into the middle of the second quarter. The first score of the game came on a play action Matt Schaub pass to Daniel Owens in the endzone from the 1 yard line. With the score 0-7 going into the second half things were looking grim for the Seahawks.

This was until Steve Slaton fumbled on the first play of the second half setting up the Seahawks to score from the 5 yard line on an Edgerrin James run. Soon after the Texans marched down the field and kicked a field goal to take the lead 7-10. Matt Hasselbeck fought back as he took the Seahawks down the field that was capped off by an Edgerrin James run for his second TD of the day. In the end the Texans drove far down field until Andre Johnson got his feet taken out and Deon Grant scooped up a shoe string int that lead to a Seahawks field goal.

The clock was the enemy of the Texans on their final drive as they got down to the 30 yard line, but Slaton just couldnt get out of bounds soon enough for them to be able to run one last play to try to get into the endzone.

GG Obwhite, GL the rest of the season.

2. obwhite

obwhite Who Dat Nation!

turnovers have killed me over the last 3 games... seems like i can't catch a break.... Slaton gets hurt then the next play Moats fumbles.. that has happened in back to back games..... That int you got was CRAZY... Great Game, still don't understand how i lost it though, i controlled the clock almost the whole game... my players just can't hold onto the ball, it's cost me time and time again this season..

3. Moogle06

Moogle06 Walk On

Yea I'm pretty sure you had the ball for like 13 minutes of the 16 minutes in the half. That 15-16 play drive was ridiculous and quite possibly the longest drive i've ever had ran against me. But yea that fumble by Moats made that a disappointing end to that drive. Gotta say Schaub was on his game except for that circus interception by Grant. I'm just glad I was able to chain together scores in like 2 minute drives otherwise I would of been out of luck.

Sorry about the occasional lag spikes as well, I ended up plugging in an Ethernet cord into my PS3 and forgot to switch the internet connection from wireless to wired. Just a guess as to why it was lagging hard sometimes.