Week 14: Titans(35) @ Colts(32)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigox1337, Jul 3, 2010.

1. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Week 14: Titans(35) @ Colts(32)

Titans sweep Colts with huge playoff implications
    [​IMG]
    Rookie WR Purcell was Vinces favorite target, catching 6 for over 100 yards.

The Titans traveled the short distance this week to Indy to play the colts in the return game with heavy playoff implications. The Titans are on a 4 game winning streak and are 7-2 in the last 9 games, and are vying for a wildcard spot that two division rivals hold. The colts, leading the wildcard race in the AFC, and are looking to keep there game lead over the titans and the texans.

The first quarter was all colts with big play after big play for TDs. Colts WR Bowe hauled in one catch for 61 yards and the score and rookie RB Girley jumped over a defender and ran 68 yards for the score. CJ was unable to get any room, inside or out, as the colts defended brilliantly against the run. The titans only score of the quarter was when Young found 2nd year WR Jimmy Manning in between zones and nailed him along the sideline. After throwing Bob Sanders to the ground, he sailed in for the TD. The score at the end of the first quarter was 14-7 colts.

Good defense was played by both defenses to start the quarter, but the titans bad luck would finally start to lift midway though the 2nd quarter. Third string RB Ringer was accidentally subbed in and bounced a missed tackle outside for the tieing score. The colts only points of the quarter came after the 2 minute warning. Kicker Araujo boomed one from 49 yards to put the colts up 3. The titans got the ball with 100 seconds left and drove down the field, burning all there timeouts, before getting greedy and running out of time to end the half without a FG with a score of 14-17 colts.

The second half started with the titans getting the ball and driving it all the way to the colts 10 yard line before vince young would find Veteran WR Britt on the slant pattern. Vince delivered the ball on a rope, and Britt broke a tackle at the goal line to make the score 21-17 titans. Defense again would prevail as the titans were not forcing things with the lead and the colts were forcing things but didnt turn the ball over to set up another titan score. The titans ended the 3rd quarter with the ball and a 4 point lead.

After a punt by the colts to start the 4th quarter, The titans got the ball in what looked to be run the clock mode. CJ had other intentions and ran 80 yards untouched for the score on a power run call on the first play of that drive. Down by 11 points, Coach Mustang and the colts looked to get alot more pass happy and risky. Less than a minute after getting the ball, the Colts answered with a TD to slot WR butler to bring the score to 28-24. Coach Ox got the ball on the next procession and took advantage of the heavy blitzs that mustang was calling to slow down the run and force the TO. Great roll out passes by Vince had the titans on the colts 10 yard line and on 3rd down, Vince ran out of options as the line parted like the red sea and he ran right up the middle to the goal line for the first down. On the next play, a sneak gave Vince the rightful TD and extended the lead again to 11. Ginn would return the ensuing kickoff 105 yards for the score but it was too late. After a failed onside attempt, with the titans gaining good yards on the ground to keep the clock running, prevented the colts from getting the ball back and vince young took the victory formation for the great rivalry win.

Player of the game
    Vince Young- 17-25 267yds 2TD, 1 rushing TD.​

Stats
    Young- 17-25 267yds 2TD, 1 rushing TD.
    CJ- 21rush 165yds 1TD
    White- 11rush 25yds
    T.Purcell- 6rec 127yds

Mccallister- 11-28 178yds 2TD1INT
    Girley- 13rush 113 1TD, 2rec 29yds
    Ginn- 2rec 13yds, 105yds return TD
    Bowe- 1rec 61yds 1TD

Another great game between us mustang, very evenly matched in skillz and now team, due to your horrible trades..lol You contained CJ very well but even the best of defenses cant cover every angle for every play, took him 19 carries and some huge hits, but im glad i kept plugging away with him to keep the clock running. GL the rest of the season, Its probably going to be me and you as the wildcards in the AFC now. At least i wont get matched up with you first round this time and get destroyed like last season's playoffs.

2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Ok OX, we get it. You won. No need to post 3 separate threads stating it...haha.

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

Jesus Ox....your a bit presumptuous with declaring your wildcard berth. The texans might have something to say about that....you lose to them and it could be all she wrote...

4. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Damn had no idea i posted 3 times, lol, to do that scik on purpose, i would have to cut and pasted it three times, which i didnt.v dunlap, delete those extra, i hit preview i bunch of times so that might have done it.... its sites ate posts before so it might as well triple post...

5. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

every post has more info on it lol, exactly where i would hit preview post...

6. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Look the would "probably" up in a dictionary friend...

And as far as tiebreakers, looking though the various madden forums i have found alot of cases where teams in the same division were not ranked by alphabetical order... It happens 100% of the time when its two teams are from different divisions but when they share the same division crazy things happen...

I love how your quick to... A)Point out to the various owners that the tiebreaker rule is and to disregard what madden lists me as. B)I Finally get that game up and you gonna post something that.

(y)jerk lol

7. Big D

Big D Walk On

haha, well I'll be glad to hand you your third 40 point whooping of the season should you make the playoffs. ;) haha but i am certain that tiebreakers are alphabetical......lets just hope you don't get to prove me right my man! :)

in any case it is awesome 3 AFC South teams are finally going to be in the playoffs. long time coming for the best division in the OMFL.

8. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I would be a shame for me to have to beat 3 AFC South teams in a row to make it to the SB. I've been playing you guys for fools this entire time. Just scoping out your weaknesses...

9. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

lol, a couple of days ago someone said "hey titans, you wanna get a scrim game in right before the playoffs a couple weeks before the playoffs while you play as a different team" no sir, you tried to fool me there, GOTCHA

10. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

i really really really hope that we dont have to prove/disprove anybody, i want that 2 game lead...

11. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Hah! Yea, you got me on that one. I was gonna let you win too....

12. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

wow dunlap im glad u got ox early when hes just high and sucks cuz he knows the division is going to get close late

also its like the titans in 09-10 season where patriots stomped them 59-0 (yea thats for you ox and trude) and miami gets to play them when they are scorching hot with a QB change.

13. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

IN THE MOTHER FING SNOW... lol, Titans obviously never practiced in the snow and moss/brady regularly run routes and practice in the snow of the north.... It showed, moss never slipped and when the titans CBs thought about running, they fell down...

14. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

[​IMG]

How can we forget that 59-0 beatdown in the snow in the real NFL lol.

15. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

i watched that decked in titans gear with about 5 pats fans.... it was a long long day

16. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

and it was a super bad choice of colors that screwed over the titans, im sure brady could see the WRs 40 yrds down field with the RED jerseys on... Try to see someone 40 yards away in a snow storm if they are wearing white and blue