Week 14: Titans(35)vs. SD Chargers(13)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigox1337, Apr 7, 2010.

1. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Oct 8, 2009
    Week 14: Titans(35)vs. SD Chargers(13)

First off, thanks to the new owner, shuffman, for subbing for the chargers at the last minute so i wouldnt have to get the game subbed.

The titans came to play this week knowing that the division race is as tight as it was on week 2 of the season. Being only a game back and rejuvenated by the stellar play by of Chris Johnson and Vince young, the titans started fast and kept the Chargers off balance all game.

In the first half CJ scored all of his Tds, but they werent his usual 80 yard sprints, the TDs were from 2 and 3 yard runs and a 12 yard screen pass. The Bolts defense played well defended CJ well on the outside and forcing him to go back inside most of the game. Coach Ox said his defense played better than he has seen this season holding the bolts to 2-10 on 3rd down and forcing 4 turnovers. The Bolts managed only 10 points in the half with a 32yd run by LT and a FG to end the half with a score of 21-10.

Coming out of halftime, due to CJ getting rocked on most of his running plays, the titans went to a more balanced run attack, bringing in big boy lendell white and rookie Ringer. The titans defense would allow another SD FG early in the third but for the rest of the game they were stellar not allowing another point in the half. Late in the third, Young found TE Cook Jr. wide open and threw a prefect ball for the TD from 33 yards out. On the very next SD possession, Finnegean intercepted rivers and took it to the house to score the final score in the game. Ending score 35-13

V. Young- 9-17 165yds 2TD 1INT
    CJ- 18rush 58yds 2TD, 2rec 12yds 1TD
    L. White- 12rush 43yds
    Cook Jr.- 2rec 54yds 1TD

P. Rivers- 16-27 238yds 0TD 3INT
    L. Tomlinson- 18rush 90yds 1TD, 3rec 8yds
    A. Gates- 3rec 67yds
    C. Chambers- 4rec 63yds

GG Shuffman and GL the rest of the season, Welcome to OMFL and hope you find a home here. Thanks again for the sub!
  2. shuffman25

shuffman25 Walk On

Mar 31, 2010
    yes gg man, i picked the poision of shutting down johnson. I just had to many TO's and couldnt convert third downs.