Week 14

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mags, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Week 14

BALTIMORE, MD - The Ravens hosted the Lions on a cold day in Baltimore. The game didn't feature much fireworks. In fact, no TDs were scored. No turnovers either. The Ravens nipped the Lions on a GW 38 yard FG as time expired. After a first half ended in a 6-6 tie, the teams went through a scoreless 3rd quarter. The Lions took their first lead at 9-6 on a booming FG from Hanson. The Ravens would put together a drive and get down to the goalline where the Lions defense would turn away 3 runs. B'more settled for a FG and the tie. The Lions moved downfield on a big reception from Calvin Johnson which was compounded by a facemask. In range for a FG, the Lions would get forced out on a critical sack by Trevor Pryce. The Ravens would take over on their 15 after a punt. A couple of runs by Rice and McGahee, followed by a reception from Underwood moved the chains. Flacco caught Detroit in a blitz and threw over the top to Todd Heap to get across the 50. With time winding down, Flacco again made a big play. He slipped a pass out to Ray Rice who sprinted up the sidelines to get the Ravens in position for Hauschka's 4th FG on the day.

Great game by scared46 who played impressive D and had everyone involved on offense.

2. scared46

scared46 Walk On

This was by far the best game so far. What I mean is, defensive games are the best. What killed me was that sack in whiched I called PA and my dumb ass rolled right into the defener for a sack. Killed me!! Then when Baltimore last drive I was like...do I try to pressure Flacco or set in a zone coverage? Well, all game I couldn't get perssure on Flacco and I decided to blitz 2x that last drive and costed me for a chance at OT. I reallize with this Lion's team I must find ways to get Johnson involved inwhich I did but not enough. The guy just catches a lot of tough passes for me. But, then again, great defense by Mags and congras on the win bud. GL to you playoff push and see ya in the offseason man.

3. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Titans/Rams in Tennessee

This game started off 14-0 Titans. The offense was clicking on all cylinders until the Rams answered back with a couple of scoring drives themselves. 14-14 and the Rams get the ball back after holding Tennessee to make them punt. At this point what I feel is the most unbelieveable run/occurance/phenomenom I have ever been apart of on any football game. On the final play of the first half the Titans intercept the ball and take it back for a pick 6. This began the dominoe effect as by the time there was 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter the Titans defense had scored five TD's in a row. 4interception returns for TD's and 1 fumble recovery brought back. I don't know how the hell it happened, but it did. The final score was 49-21 Tennessee wins and improves to 12-1 on the year. GG thelou. when you tied the game up i just knew we were in for an all out war and then that shit happened. too crazy.

4. savaunte

savaunte Oakland Raiders

Redskins/Raiders in Oakland

Skins win the toss and elect to start on defense. Raiders would start on their own 20 yard line, and would start fast. Coach Savaunte dialed up a WR screen on the first play of the game, and WR D. Heyward-Bey would take it 80 yards for a TD. Stunned, the Redskins would take their first possesion straight down the field behind a strong OL and the running of Portis. Just when it looked as though the Skins were gonna score, Portis coughed up the ball and the Raiders would recover. Skins forced a punt and would not be denied on their next possesion. QB J.Campbell was lookin to pass for the TD, but would instead see daylight and would take it in from 3 yards out to tie the game at 7-7. Raiders would toss an INT on their next possesion and then watched the Skins get the ball to the 1 yard line and thats were Campbell scored his 2nd TD of the game to give the Skins a 14-7 lead. Raiders couldnt get anything going on offense and would turn the ball over again on another bad pass, but this time the Defense stepped up and held the Skins to a FG. With time running out in the 2nd quarter, the Skins were lookin to score once more and hopefully end this game before the second half even started, but the Raiders D would not allow it. All-pro CB N.Asomugha would step in front of a Campbell pass and race 68 yards for the game changing TD. Skins up 17-14 at halftime.

Second half was all about the defense. Raiders would shut-out the Skins in the final 2 quarters as they watched their offense get a FG to tie the game at 17 all. As the 4th quarter was running out, the Raiders D stepped up HUGE, forcing another fumble and getting the recovery. With under 2 minutes to go, the Raiders would drive down the field and force the Skins to use all their TO's and with 2 seconds left, Janokowski kicked a 28 yard FG to give the Raiders an upset victory.

GG Kan, GL rest of the Season

5. Kan

Kan Walk On

gg sav...lotta fumbles for the button mashing!

6. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Vikings 42 Bengals 20

In a game much closer than the scoreboard indicated, the Vikings were able to earn a much needed win against a sound Bengals team to keep their playoff hopes alive. Brett Farve completed 13 of 16 passes spreading the ball around to the Vikings underrated receivers.

The Bengals dominated time of possesion, using almost 8 minutes on their opening TD drive and kept the dangerous Adrian Peterson in check with a swarming defense led by the lightning quick Keith Rivers. Looking to seize control of the game late in the third qtr a Bengal drive was stalled with a well timed sack by Jared Allen, and the ensuing FG attempt was caught in the endzone by Darius Reynaud and returned 103 yards for a momentum swinging TD.

A great game by both teams.

Notable performers:

* Bengal receivers Chris Henry and OchoCinco each had 100+ receiving yards.
    * Viking backup RB Ian Johnson had 40+ hard fought yards, including a 37 yard TD late in the game.

GG Stealth - well played.

7. I-ROD

I-ROD Walk On

Dolphins @ Jaguars

Jags host the Miami Dolphins in a game where Pennington would go down early and rookie Pat White would stepp in. White struggled on his first 2 drives as the Jags would pick him off inside the redzone. Dolphins defense held the Jags to 6 points in the first half as White would find his groove and score 3 TD's to put the Dolphins up 27 to 6 at the half.

2nd half, vetaren HB Ronnie Brown would take the ball on Miami's first play and go 76 yards for a score. Porter would nail MJD and Wake scopes and scores from 58 yards out. Jags would drive and add a late score as Miami would run out the clock in the 4th qtr.

Final:
    Dolphins 41
    Jaguars 13

8. stealth

stealth Walk On

gg bright side for the bengals is the offense is starting to play much better. down side turnovers have lost us the last 2 games

9. Thelou

Thelou Walk On

I have never seen that happen before and it just took everything outta me at that point. There was nothing I could do. Every turnover was returned for a TD, the int's and the fumbles. GG and gl to you.:confused:

10. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Packers @ Bears

The Packers go into Soldier Field and upset the division leading Bears with a lopsided 37-14. The Packers opened the game with a long TD drive to take a 7-0 lead and then on the Bears first drive Charles Woodson picked off Jay Cutler and took it to the house for a 14-0 lead. From there the Bears couldnt claw there way back into the game as Green Bay's defense played superb. everything was going GB way even the Kicker Crosby hit a 58 yd FG near the end of the 1st half. Another solid game under new coach DS.

Stat leaders

Aaron Rodgers 9/16 155 0 TD O Int
    Ryan Grant 31 car 125 yds 1 TD
    Donald Driver 2 catches 68 yds

Jay Cutler 23/32 243 1 TD 2 Int
    Mike Forte 4 car 14 yds
    Greg Olson 4 cat 75 yds