Week 15 (2012)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Wick36, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

2. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Cowboys Complete Regular Season 12-0
    2012 Big XII Champions
    [​IMG]
    After an exhilarating win last week against Oklahoma in the Bedlam game, the Cowboys were trying to avoid a let down in the last week of the season. The win against Oklahoma guaranteed the Cowboys the Big 12 championship, but there were many more implications riding upon the final game of the season. Oklahoma State is currently ranked #3 in all major polls with the University of Georgia and LSU ranked 1 and 2 respectively. The SEC Championship game will pit #1 vs #2 and Oklahoma State needed to win in order to reap the rewards. Mike Gundy lead his team to do just that.
    The entire game at Baylor was played in terrible weather conditions. Cold rain with a slight breeze greeted both teams. Clint Chelf had a difficult time throwing the ball and the Oklahoma State receivers also had a few key drops in the first half. Despite the sub-par performance on offense, the resurgent defense from Bedlam again reared its head. Baylor turned the ball over twice, and could only muster 17 points against the Black and Orange.
    A 10 point half time lead turned into a 17 point lead once the third quarter was started. The Bears' offense was unable to find the endzone until 1:42 remained in the third. The Cowboys began to match every score by the Bears. A total of 35 points were scored by both teams in a four minute span ranging from the final 3 minutes of the third quarter and opening minute of the fourth quarter. Eventually, superior depth and adjustments to the inclement weather allowed Oklahoma State to pull away and find victory by a score of 41-17. Get to the airport Cowboy fans and welcome back your 2012 Big 12 Champions home to Stillwater!
    2012 Regular Season Review
    [​IMG]
    The final week of the season is coming to a close. Two BCS Conference Champions will be crowned at the end of week 15. Oklahoma State has finished 12-0 and won the Big 12 title for the second straight year, and Louisville will play Rutgers in the coming hours, but the Cardinals have already locked up the Big East Championship despite the outcome of the game. The season is coming to a close Almost as quickly as it began. I take this time now to congratulate everyone on their seasons and wish you well in the coming Conference Championship Week and post-season.
    Rutgers, your new bad-ass uniforms that will be coming with the second patch will bring you good fortune and killer instinct will return to your squad for next season. I foresee much improvement. You will reach a bowl game and again challenge Louisville for the Big East Championship!
    We have seen the results of conference realignment on the field, two of the three new FBS schools reach bowl eligibilty, and teams no one gave a chance to make some statements. Four teams will finish the regular season undefeated and four teams will finish with a lone blemish on their records. Some amazing football games have been played this year and more are still to come. I hope you have enjoyed the 2012 regular season as much as I have. As we await conference champions to be crowned the bowl picture to be completed, lets remember to enjoy the game of football as much as possible whether or not we always achieve to desired outcome.

• Like Like x 1
  3. EMbow513

EMbow513 Walk On

Lets get this week advanced fast guys

4. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Just waiting on Wick36 I believe.

5. Wick36

Playing in the morning.

• Like Like x 1
  6. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

Again on my phone.

Louisville wraps up season with win over Rutgers-

The cardinals wanted to wrap up their first 1 loss season since 2006. They came out of the.gate firing and went out to an early 17-0 lead and that would be all they would need as they ran the ball with a lot of efficiency. Racking up over 300 yards and averaging around 8 yards per carry. Dominique Brown did his part with over 200 yards and seemingly couldn't be stopped. It is unclear who the cardinals will face in their BCS bowl game but as of now they are happy to play whomever and will probably be an.underdog coming in. That hasn't.mattered.much all season as they were able to beat 2 out of 3 ranked opponent and the loss came to Oklahoma.state who will more than likely play in the national championship.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wick36

Texas- 31
    Kansas State- 28

Texas was able to get off to a big 21-0 lead going into the half. They extended their lead to 31-0 midway through the third quarter. From there, they just tried to play keep away. Kansas State was able to score 28 unanswered, but the result was never really in doubt as their last score came with just 18 seconds left in regulation. David Ash had a big game, completing 22 passes for 433 yards and 4 TDs.

This was a big "What if?" type of season for the Longhorns. QB David Ash went down with fracture in his foot early in the season. Back up Case McCoy took a few games to not be awful, and never really looked to be on the same level as Ash. McCoy happened to quarterback the lone loss to Oklahoma State. A game in which Texas scored just 11 points (No TDs) and threw 4 interceptions. A lot of fans feel that the Ash injury cost them a shot at a title, though there is no way to know what would've happened.

• Like Like x 1
  8. droid43

droid43 Walk On

I was wondering why you were using Case McCoy! I thought perhaps he was faster, but saw that he wasn't once I looked at your roster after the game. Tough luck, looks like Ash would have definitely given you a better chance.

9. Wick36

I don't know that it would've made a difference in how our game played out. I just hated McCoy. He was an awful passer for some reason... randomly he'd throw balls in the stands, 10 yards in front of the receiver, etc. His stats aren't bad and he wasn't always terrible, but he'd just randomly make crap throws which got picked or killed drives.