Week 15 Bills (40) Vs. Patriots (47)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hulk_hagen_55, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

Week 15 Bills (40) Vs. Patriots (47)

Sooo. bills.... against THE patriots.

on one hand you have the leagues cream of the crop lead by Tom Brady and company.

The other?
    The revolving door for coaches, many GMs, lead by.. um Fresno St. own tom brandstater?

a complete mismatch on paper and my coaching resume. The game however played out to be a moral success for new steadfast owner HULKHAGEN as the bills incredible, well at least on offense.

the game started out mediocre as the bills answered a maroney TD(right after a brandstater int) with a kickoff return for a TD. then brandstater had another completion to the other team, but for a score.

1st qtr 17-7 patriots

The second quarters pace was slowed down as both teams tried to set their own tempo, with neither having success in the red zone. janikowski hit a 36,53 and 24 yard FG and patriots Bironas hit a 57 yarder after an incredible defensive stand to limit the bleeding

2nd qtr 20-16 patriots

the kickers in this game got a lot of work as the game started to feel like a who will score last, or at least a freaking touchdown, feel. bironas hit his 3rd of the day from 25. buffalo answered with a effiecient drive ending in a 5 yard TD pass to S. Nelson. then Bironas 4th from 51.

3rd Qtr 26-23 patriots

Then the game stopped pussyfootin' around and became a barnburner, well at least from the bills sideline. janikowski hit his 4th of the day from 28 yards to tie up the game. then the patriots won the game with a 2 yd rushing TD, fumble recovery and another 2 yd rushing TD. but the game was far from over, as on the third straight dissapointing bills drive. leodis mckelvin had a pick 6 of his own to quickly bring the bills back to life with only 2:54 left in the game and no timeouts remaining. unfortunatly the onsides kick was unnseccesful and the pats scored yet another rushing TD. bills got the ball back with just under 2 minutes to go, and 1 minute later the game was 47-40 after a brandstater pass to parish. 2nd onsides kick unsuccessful and the game was over.

overall i give the pats an A overall, very balanced attack on O, and did just enough on D to win the game

Bills? id give them a B+ considering they gave the leagues best a run for their money with a new coach who had never played with them before.

Key Stats

T. Brandstater 19-30 357 yards 2 td 2 int
    T Brady 18-35 222 yards 0 td 2int

M Lynch 20 Att 105 yds
    L.maroney 13 att 108 yds 3td

there were 3 bills Wrs that had over 70 yards rec and 2 from the pats

with a 47-40 score there were only 2 total passing TDs in the game.

Patriots recorded 4 sacks, 2 forced fumbles and 1 recovery and 2 ints on D
    Bills recorded 1 sack and 2 int

as for highlights. there were many solid plays that moved chains and only a couple deep passes or incredible plays. it was seriously just a hard fough game throughout.

Last but not least. Very good game there Mcgad806. good luck in the playoffs. looking forward to madden 11 to compete for our division

2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Nice write up, and welcome to the league Hulk. Gaddy is a tough one to beat if you already didn't know that. Seems like you can hold your own....

3. Hulk_hagen_55

thanks man. yea ive got a unique style thats a bit of a shock factor (kinda like the dolphins 2 years ago). :) this league is solid, and i love the fact that it REQUIRES writeups to stay in it. and gaddy is a class act for sure, its been a while since ive gotten a good game afterwords from a guy i hadnt met before

4. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Well, hopefully you decide to stick with the Bills for next season. It definitely will be one of the hardest divisions in the OMFL with Gaddy(Pats), Mustang(Phins) and Me(Jets)...

It looks like you may be up to the challenge though.

5. Hulk_hagen_55

the bills were one of my top teams for madden 11. i plan on staying and paying my dues. and i dont plan on switching teams. the bills finally have an owner

6. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

[​IMG]

7. Hulk_hagen_55