Week 15: Broncos(7)vs.Titans(31)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigox1337, Apr 9, 2010.

1. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Week 15: Broncos(7)vs.Titans(31)

Titans all smiles after big victory vs Broncos
    [​IMG]
    CJ celebrating after 3rd TD and breaking the 2000 yard mark agaist the Broncos yesterday.​

The Denver Broncos visited Nashville this week with only 3 more games left in the regular season of the Online Madden Football League. The Titans came with high spirits riding a 4 game winning streak and closing to gap to only one game behind in the wildcard race. The Broncos came in still looking for answers from rookie QB Kelly James and looking to snag one of the top picks in the draft(draft WR grimes, your offense would be unstoppable with him and fitz, plus james and moreno) after a poor 2011 season.

The titans got the ball and started fast, CJ fast. On the second play from scrimmage, CJ went right up the gut and after a perfect juke, he ended up with a 60 yard run. After 2 failed run attempts, on 3rd down, Vince Young backpedaled from the bronco blitz and found Kenny Brit in double coverage on the crossing route. Even being well defended by the decent Broncos defense, Brit accelerated for the catch and ended up with a 19 yard TD to make it 7-0. After a 3 and out by the Broncos offense, the titans got the ball back and drove again, only this time a sack forced the titans to kick a FG to make it 10-0. Again the Broncos offense struggled and the titans got the ball back quickly. After a nice drive, CJ got the ball and found the endzone from 31 yards out to make 17-0 to end the first quarter.

Things settled down a little bit in the second quarter, with neither team threatening to score until late in the half. L. White was seeing more action then it has seen all season until late in the second. After a big hit by a bronco LB, White broke some ribs and had to be carted off the field. After a xray revealed the damage, titans doctors agreed it would take at least 4 weeks to heal. A strong bronco defense stuffed most of the titans run game and with 18 seconds left the half, Moreno scored on a goalline run to make it 17-7.

The broncos got the ball first in the second half and turned it over rather quickly. On the ensuing titan possession, CJ did more work and scored on a 28 yard run to make it 24-7 midway through the third. The broncos offense struggled for most of the game and it seemed QB Kelly and his receivers just werent on the same page with many drops and INTs.

Titans 3-string RB Ringer got most of the load in the 4th Q, with CJ coming in to give him a breather now and again. After a few poor runs by ringer with 4 mins remaining, CJ came in fresh and busted another one from 61 yards out to score and make it 31-7. The titans keep the broncos out of the endzone for the remaining couple mins and won by the score of 31-7.

Chris Johnson had now surpassed 2000 yards rushing on the season and now is almost a complete lock for the rushing title, and maybe even OMFL MVP

Stats
    V. Young- 3-4 31yds 1TD
    CJ2K!- 25att 232yds 3TD POTG
    J. Ringer- 7att 23yds
    K. Brit- 1rec 19yds

K. James- 11-26 156yds 0TD 3INT
    K. Moreno- 21att 92yds 1TD
    L. Fitzgerald- 2rec 63yds
    *5 broncos receivers had 2 rec each*

The ENTIRE AFC south is now tied at 9-5 with 2 weeks remaining. Titans have all the momentum in the south and only 5 weeks ago, they were in 4th place, 2 games behind 3rd and 3 games behind the division leading Colts. Man this whole division deserves to be in the playoffs.

GG sammy, i hope CJ didnt irritate you too much because there was great deal of effort into running mostly up the middle and then holding him back when it was almost over. I hope you get your hands on Grimes, one of the best WR ive ever seen in madden...

2. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Watched this game. Chris Johnson is scary! Titans are going to be tough in the playoffs. Good game Ox!

3. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

thx web, it means alot coming from ya after the little bit of history we had...

4. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I am man enough to admit when I was wrong. Great game bud!

5. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Yeah, nothing wrong with the way you played him. I played the worst game of madden since I joined last season.

Horrible, I wanted to quit in the first quarter, I made me sick.

My secondary is so slow, CJ was in another gear, he just ran away from everyone, and Ive been playing well lately, until the last two weeks.

4 INTs in first quarter and the game was 17-7 at half. If there is a bright spot, there it is.

6. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Grimes wont be there for me I think!! I hope so though

7. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

yeah i think he will top 1 or 2 pick, depends if the first pick wants defense or not

8. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

I need CBs and Safeties, as you and Chris Johnson saw

9. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

They are way too slow, I underestimated the importance of speed on D