Week 15: Colts (24) Jags (10)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Week 15: Colts (24) Jags (10)

I know it's Mustang's recap, but I think he was going out of town so I'll post a quickie for him.

It was a MONSOON in Jacksonville! Holy moley! Both teams came in and did what they do so well, with Jones-Drew and Manning having great days, but the difference was Mannings ability to be accurate in the rain while Garrard was horrid at 10+ yards.

Game was 10-10 at half. . .17-10 going late into the 4th quarter when the Jags stopped a fake punt and had a chance to tie in the 4th quarter, but they would fail on a 4th down attempt and the Colts would score a late touchdown to seal it.

This was a great game really, with Mustang just able to control the game a bit more than the Jags. However, the defenses were outstanding, as the Jags held the Colts to their season low scoring output (don't count the CPU game where Mustang wasn't there) and the Colts again holding the Jags down like they did earlier this season.

The HUGE difference in my mind was the quarterbacks. Literally every time I tried to throw over 10 yards the ball didn't get close to my receivers....probably realistic considering I have Garrard and it was raining like hell! But I can't tell you how frustratin it is to throw a WIDE OPEN deep post in the middle of the end zone, yet have the ball sail ALL the way over to the left corner and get picked off! Yikes!

I'm actually very happy with how I played defensively against the juggernaut that is Mustang, and offensively there's nothing I can do passing when my QB is that innaccurate and I'm playing a very very good Colts passing defense.

I have a feeling we shall see eachother again in the playoffs! Was fun mustang. . .hell of a tight game until about 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter game was up for grabs. . .nice win!

2. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Thanks sterlingcoug, I am out of town and appreciate the write up. Thanks for keeping Claven from getting on my ass LOL. Great game, can't believe it was pouring like that. Keep it up with MoJo and hopefully I'll see you in the playoffs. Maybe you can take out Gaddy for me before we meet.

3. obwhite

obwhite Who Dat Nation!

Thanks Colts, now i just need him to lose another game and for me to win out, i'm not eliminated yet!!!! Who Dat!! i went on a 3 game slide and i'm trying to get back in it... My team turns the ball over like it's a charity!

4. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

dunlap, you would throw more accurate balls if you hit the right button:)

5. Big D

Big D Walk On

People.....I suck at passing I'm not denying that.

And secondly, for either of you two bottom feeders to get in to the playoffs I'd have to lose out....not just lose once. Fools!