Week 15: Jets 38 Steelers 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Matt54987, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

Jul 23, 2010
    The Jets force Steelers to play "ketchup" at Heinz Field, win 38-8

Pittsburgh -- The New York Jets jumped to a 31-0 first half lead and never looked back as they move to 11-3 on the year.

Kyle Wilson began the Jets' scoring onslaugh when he picked off a Roethlisberger pass and returned it for a touchdown.

"I saw Mendenhall go out to the flat and I just followed right behind him," Wilson said. "I didn't expect him [Ben] to throw it, but he did and I was there for it."

Mark Sanchez would put up the next 21 Jet points using his arm to connect with three different receivers.

First, a 16-yard pass to Jericho Cotchery put the Jets up 14-0 with 4:14 left in the first. On a 3rd and inches from the Steeler six, the Jets surprised Pittsburgh with a pass. Sanchez connected with Calvin Johnson Jr. who made a sick one-handed catch. In what would be a story of comeback players, Sanchez connected with Laverneus Coles for a 35-yard touchdown pass.

Coles would not be the only old man showing he's still got it. Ladanian Tomlinson dominated the ground game and allowed the Jets to milk the clock to get out of Pittsburgh with a win. Tomlinson gained 178 yards on 25 carries with a long of 46. Shonne Greene filled in with 15 carries for 63 yards.

With the win, the Jets are still hot on the heels of the AFC East leading Patriots and will need to win out and hope for a Patriot loss. It won't come easy for the team in green as they go up against the Monsters of the Midway next week in Chicago.

GG Jethro!

2. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Jul 16, 2010
    Nice win Matt - congrats on clinching a playoff berth!