Week 15: Panthers Comeback to Defeat Cardinals in Slugfest

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by LtJustice, Mar 22, 2013.

1. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

[​IMG] Vs. [​IMG]

The Carolina Panthers secured a first round bye in the upcoming playoffs with a 17-14 victory over the Arizona Cardinals at University of Phoenix Stadium. The game was the tale of two halves for both teams, as the Cardinals grabbed the momentum early and used it to build a 14-0 halftime lead. The Panthers finally seemed to find their groove in the 2nd half as they scored 17 unanswered points to take the lead and win the game. The Cardinals did get themselves into position to tie, or even win, the game in the final minute, until Panthers veteran cornerback Chris Gamble came up with a game securing interception near the endzone.

The Cardinals suffered a big loss early in the 2nd half as young speedster Terrance King left the game with a head injury. The loss of King seemed to take the life out of the hometown fans and likely contributed to the Cardinals losing the momentum in the game. After the game, it was revealed that King suffered a broken jaw and will likely miss next weeks game at a minimum. Cardinals linebacker Sam Acho also left the game with an injury in the 2nd half, and is likely done for the year with a torn hamstring.

The Panthers (13-1) finish up a string of 3 straight road games when they visit the rival Atlanta Falcons (6-8) in week 16. With a 1st round bye secured, the Panthers hope to stay in front of the Green Bay Packers in the conference standings, to secure home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

The Cardinals (10-4) host the rival Seahawks (7-7) in week 16.

-------------------------------------

Great game Curtis! Gotta be honest, I thought I lost this game in the 1st half. I do believe this is the 1st time I have EVER beat you man. Been too long since we played, I look forward to our next match up!
    thafuture3886

• Like Like x 5
  2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Hell of a game Jim. Once King went down we couldn't do anything and u took advantage.

• Like Like x 2