Week 15: Raiders 41 Broncos 13

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by savaunte, Oct 30, 2010.

1. savaunte

savaunte Oakland Raiders

Aug 29, 2009
    With their season over, the Raiders are trying to play spoiler. With the Broncos (7-6) visiting the H.O.T and looking to make a run at the playoffs, the Raiders would try to deny them a win.

Broncos look good earlier, scoring on a 56 yd FG from M.Prater. Broncos "D" was stout especially against the run. They forced the Raiders to punt and started to march down the field. Just when it looked like the Broncos would go up by 2 scores, QB K.Orton would through his 1st of 3 ints on the day, with all 3 going back for TDs. This pick six came from CB C.Johnson who would return it 87 yds to give the Raiders the lead @ 7-3.

Raiders offense would get rollin in 2nd quarter with WR L.Murphy catching a 10 yd TD from Cmpbell to push the Raiders lead to 14-3. Broncos would answer that score with another FG by Prater, this one a much easier 27 yder to bridge the gap to 14-6. The Raiders were not content to go into the half with an 8 point lead. With time running out, Campbell would hit 2nd string TE B.Myers for a 21 yd TD strike in what looked like triple coverage. With the score now being 21-6 going in at the half.

Not alot of "O" in the 3rd. Both teams played pretty good "D" throughout until the Broncos broke loose and QB K.Orton hitting former Raiders RB J.Fargas on a swing pass and took it to the house for an 8 yd score to bring the Broncos to within 8 points @ 21-13.

The 4th quarter belonged to the Raiders especially the Raiders "D". Although Jano would nail 2 FGs (29, 36) to push the Raiders lead to 14, the actual nail that sealed the game was an 83 yd pick six from CB N.Asomugha. Not to be left out, nickle CB S.Routt got into the action with a 53 yd pick six to put the game away for good. Broncos would burn the final 90 seconds off the clock with a few runs as they watched the Raiders celebrating on the opposite sideline.

Final: Raiders 41 Broncos 13

Player(s) of the Game:
    Raiders starting CB's, Aso, Johnson, Routt
    Each one had a pick six to help the Raiders play spoiler with a hated rival.
  2. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Jul 16, 2010
    Good game Savaunte - neither of us had any room to run the ball. The three biggest plays IMO were:

- the first pick six when I was trying to go up 10-0
    - 50 yard pass to Myers right before the half that set up his TD with 3 seconds left
    - Buckhalter fumble with me driving down 11

Best of luck the final two games - I'll shoot for my revenge next season...