Week 15: Rodgers hurts knee in Packers Victory

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by redlishus, Oct 18, 2012.

1. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

There was no decision to make this week. The starters would play and play the entire game. The Bears were on deck and they wanted nothing more than to beat the cocky Bears. This game has been circled on their schedule since a Week 2 blowout Packer victory. The Bears responded in typical Bears fashion with this comment, "Troy enjoy your sim win lol..." This decision could come back to haunt as Julius Peppers sacked Rodgers in the third quarter and then proceeded to twist his leg until he heard a pop. Enter rookie BJ Coleman.

The Bears had a recipe for success in this game. Give the ball to Matt Forte and then give the ball to Matt Forte and then give the ball to Matt Forte and then...you get the point. When the Packers would gear up to stop him, the Bears would to the air and hit crossing route after crossing route. After much debate this week, I couldn't believe it when the Bears receivers would get separation on these routes. From what I've been reading league wide, it's been a pandemic of super ordinary LB's covering these routes. I didn't see it happening and Zo didn't either as he took full advantage of a poor showing by the Packers LB's and DB's in this game. (That's a fact and not an opinion as I am not allowed to give those anymore).

This game wasn't determined until the final minutes of this game however. Facing a crucial 3rd down, the Bears sitting at the Green Bay 5 completed the first down and got the ball to the 2 yard line. With the clock running, Packers out of timeouts with a 4 point lead, I faced a decision. Try and stop them which would leave no time left or let them score and try and score myself. I went with the latter. I sensed a rush to the right so I audibled to a heavy run defense left. It worked as Matt Forte ran unimpeded into the endzone for the Bears 3 point lead.

Rookie BJ Coleman picked up where A-Rod left off on the season in the second half. He was sharp, albeit one poor pass that was picked off. The Packers needed one more series from him. The Packers had to go 80 yards for the win, no timeouts and 1:30 left. Coleman connnects with Jordy Nelson over the middle for a 20 yard game. The next play, Randall Cobb got by the Bears secondary and Coleman threw a perfect pass for a 45 yard pass play. Packers in business. Bears defense stiffened. Facing a third and goal with 13 seconds left, BJ Coleman found Jermichael Finley alone in the zone for the score and the win. 31-27.

Still to be determined how long Rodgers would be missed. He didn't speak with reporters after the game and the Packers have a MRI scheduled for tomorrow morning.

Hell of a game ferocious. Can't wait till we meet again. Very fun game.

BJ Coleman 8-12, 134 yards, 2 td's, 1 int

Matt Forte, 29 carries, 182 yards, 3 td's

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Great game Troy, really enjoyed it. Nail biter for sure and bad clock management by me. Should of kneeled the ball on your goal line to take some time off the clock, but didnt want to shoot my foot in case I couldnt get in. Worst things have happened to me in the goal line like vs Jim, ran the ball to keep clock running and Forte fumbled for 6. So I took the TD and hoped my defense could of pulled the win for us. Almost had it too after my Cb dropped an easy INT in the endzone lol.. Daam, could of, should of, would of. Next time... Good luck the rest of the way and Playoffs. Represent that NFC North.

• Like Like x 1