week#16 Chargers 35 Bengals 30

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by sammymitchell25, Nov 3, 2010.

1. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Oct 12, 2009
    It was a huge game for both Chargers and Bengals, Chargers in contention for the final wildcard spot, and the Bengals still alive for thier North division

first quarter was kinda quiet until Chargers strike the first blow as Rivers hits Gates for a 66 yard TD to put the Chargers up 7-0 after 1.

Offenses would open up a bit in the second quarter, starting with a Tiffin 29 yard FG to put the Bengals on the board, 7-3 Chargers, San Diego would answer right back with yet another long TD,(lucky, just threw it up, no-one was open) blanketed by three defenders, he caught the pass from Rivers and took it 73 yards to the house giving the Chargers some breathing room 14-3. Followed closely by a 44 yard TD scamper by soon-to-be R.O.Y. Ryan Mathews to extend the lead 21-3, The Bengals had to score something before the half, running the no-huddle offense they take the ball into the endzone with practically no time left in the half, 1 yard TD catch by fast Eddie royal to pull within 11, 21-10 at half.

Defenses would apparently tighten up in the third as a surprise to me, i could have swore one of scored in the third, but i guess not.

The final quarter started with another score by the Chargers, that pesky Mathews guy again, running for another 44 yard TD run, giving the Chargers a commanding lead. 28-10. Thats when the fireworks show started, Bengals would take the ball, feeling the urgency of the game slipping away from them, hurry-up offense down the field and take it in with a TD run from Scott 5 yards out to start the comeback, 28-17. Chargers would answer, with in my opinion, the nail in the coffin TD, by none other than Mathews once again, this time from 60 yards out to put the lead back to 18, 35-17. that score seemed to take the air right out of the Bengals sails. But they did not give up scoring two more TDs, first to Ochocinco from 10 yards out, second from Scott, a 4 yard TD pass from Palmer, found the Bengals only down 35-30. went for 2 on the last TD, but came up short, almost got the onside kick as it seemed like the play lasted forever. Chargers would recover, and take a knee.

Good Game Dunn, tough game to lose, early turnovers and huge plays hurt ur chances of winning. we play the game again, the results would be alot different. good luck in week 17, dont know if we both can make the playoffs but i hope so.

Rivers- 9-15 189 yards 2 TDs INT
    Mathews- 23 car 215 yards 3 TDs
    Gates- 3 rec 144 yards 2 TDs
    Stuckey- 2 INTs

Palmer- 30-52 475 yards 3 TDs 3 INTs
    B. Scott- 10 car 19 yards TD, 10 rec 140 yards TD
    Gresham- 6 rec 118 yards
    Ochocinco- 4 rec 80 yards TD
    Odom- 2 sacks, 5 tkls
  2. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Oct 9, 2009
    Nice win Sam! Looks like Dunn made a game of it though.