Week 16: Colts(28) vs Raiders(27)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jeremy, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Oct 8, 2009
    Colts keep their slim playoff hopes alive and luckily leave Oakland with the win.

This game started out with 2 quick disconnects. We then decided to go with default playbooks and see if that would help. This would seem to fix the d/c issue but it severly hurt the Colts on running an effective offense as this was the first time I had even seen the Colts defensive and offensive playbooks.

Raiders struck first when Jason Campbell hit Mr. I catch everything Zach Miller for the 8 yd TD.
    On the next drive Colts nation would gasp in horror as Peyton Manning lay on the turf motionless after taking a hard hit. He would need to be helped off the field with some sort of leg injury. Back up QB Tom Brandstater would come of the bench cold and in two plays he would connect with WR Austin Collie on a beautiful corner route in the end zone for the 18-yd scoring strike.

The 2nd quarter was more of the same. QB Campbell again connects with Miller on a 6-yd TD pass. i did everything I knew to contain Miller but the guy is a beast and Sav did a great job in finding him in crucial situations.

The Colts offense would head back on the field and no other than Mr.Manning would be back under center. Joseph Addai would cap off a nice Colts drive with an amazing run up the gut for the tackle breaking 25-yd scamper.

The Raiders offense would not be outdone as they add two FGs in the 2nd including a 54-yarder from Janikowski that looked to have been godd from 64 yds.

The COlts would strike first in the third as their own Mr.I catch everything Dallas Clark would stretch out and nab high pass from Manning in the endzone for the 11-yd score.

On the very next play from the Raiders offense Campbell would find a wide open johnnie Lee Higgins coming across the middle and he would scamper untouched for the 81-yd TD.

The only scoring in the 4th was a connection again from Manning to Clark.
    Both offenses sputtered and turned the ball over in this quarter.
    With less than a minute to go, the Raiders had the ball inside the Colts 10-yd line looking to tie with a TD and win with the XP. On a third down pass Campbell made a bad read and CB Kelvin Hayden jumped a curl route right at the goal line and made the game saving Interception.

great game Sav. I had the superior team in terms of numbers but you showed why the game is played on the field and not on paper.

Good luck next year!!!