Week 16: Colts(31)vs.Titans(32)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigox1337, Apr 12, 2010.

1. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Week 16: Colts(31)vs.Titans(32)

TITANS TAKE SOLE POSSESSION OF AFC SOUTH LEAD
    [​IMG]
    Vince Young scored 4TDs versus the Colts to help extend Titans win streak to 6.

The Tennessee Titans hosted the Indianapolis Colts in the game of the week in the Online Madden Football League in Nashville, Tennessee. Both teams came in tied at the top of the AFC South with a record of 9-5 and the coaches knew a loss would put a playoff spot in serious question. The titans came in on a roll, winning the last 5 games, and the colts are looking for answers after not scoring a TD vs the eagles last week.

The first quarter started with both teams just to feel out each other and see what the opponents game plan was. The colts got on the board first with a fake fb, halfback pitch to rookie Girley, who busted outside and went 41 yards for the TD to make it 7-0 Colts. The titans looked for some rhythm with vince young and CJ2K until a colts LB rip the ball out and win the fight for the fumble. A couple of plays later, Colts QB McNabb found WR G. Jones for a 3 yard TD pass. The first quarter was all Colts, the way mustang plays defense makes its extremely hard to run but the titans kept plugging away trying to break something long.

The titans seemed to be settling down to start the second quarter and got something going with passes from Young to Washington. The colts defense stiffened on 1st and goal and held the titans to a FG to make it 14-3. McNabb kept the Titans defense off balance for most of the first half and showed on this drive as he found wide open receivers. After a couple big plays, Mcnabb found WR Ginn for a 23 yard TD strike to make it 21-3. Going down 18 points in the second quarter forced the titans to go to a pass first offense and put the game into Vince Young to see if he was someone who could get something done. Late in the second quarter, the titans drove and finally got a TD with a 3 yard pass from Young to Rookie WR Manning with 15 seconds left. Halftime score 21-10

The titans always seem to come out of halftime energized and ready to play and they showed it again in this game. A couple of minutes into the half, the Titans drove deep on big passes by Young and on 3rd and goal, Vince Young broke a tackle and ran for a 7 yard TD to make it 21-18 after a successful 2 point attempt. Only two plays into the next colts drive, Westbrook fumbled on the big hit and the titans recovered. On the very next play, CJ2K got the ball stripped again by the colts defense and Safety Bob Sanders picked the ball up on the bounce and ran 59 yards for the defensive score to make it 28-17. The colts went back to a 11 point lead and Coach Ox wondered if he had anything left in his bag of tricks that would pull a titans win. A couple of plays into the next titans drive, on third down, Vince Young threw across his body on the run as what can only be called a hall of fame pass shown below. Nate Washing caught the pass deep in the endzone to make the game 28-25 going into the fourth.

The colts got the ball and drove but the titans defense was finally getting a little more pressure on McNabb and forced the colts to kick a FG to only go up six with a score of 31-25. The titans got the ball with 5 minutes left in the 4th down 6 and put the game into Vinces hands. Big pass after big pass had the titans in the redzone and young found CJ2K in the flats for the 7 yard TD. The titans took the lead for the first time in the game with only 2:28 left but only managed to get a 1 point lead. The colts started strong getting two first downs to start their final drive but struggled for 4 downs and turned the ball over. Mcnabb, looking very uncomfortable with the game on his shoulders, was sacked once and threw 3 inaccurate balls in the four downs leading to the turnover. With 40 seconds left, Vince Young trotted on the field for the victory formation and the win by the score of 32-31.

The titans go to 10-5 and at least secure a tie for the lead depending on the jags and Texans games forthcoming. To close the season the titans face the cowboys which looks to line up as a win and your in the playoffs scenario.

Game Stats

V. Young- 24-32 310yds 3TD2INT, 4rush 16yds 1TD Player of the game
    CJ2K- 22rush 87yds 0TD, 3rec 13yds 1TD
    N. Washington- 5rec 109yds TD
    J. Manning- 4rec 11yds TD

D. Mcnabb- 14-26 176yd 2TD2INT
    B. Westbrook- 14rush 77yds
    G. Girley- 1rush 43yds 1TD
    T. Ginn- 3rec 36yds 1TD

Play of the game

[YOUTUBE]j2VzmSALxDg[/YOUTUBE]​

---EDIT---
    Teams that dunlap said needed to lose for titans to have hope for a playoff spot.

Jags- lost
    Colts- lost
    Phins- lost
    Texans- havent played but i got the tiebreaker on them.

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. You need a loss by TWO of these teams to get in.....Jags, Dolphins, Texans. Damn tiebreaker. . .

3. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

GG Ox, if im not playing 15-1 football I feel like I shouldnt even make the playoffs! Looks like the McNabb trade backfired as he is no Manning and Maclin sucks. Also I dont have enough dedication to the run game! Do me a favor Ox and lose to wajo!

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I'd gladly take a McNabb/Maclin connection. lol

5. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

I sorta am in the division lead.... no other teams in the afc south have played yet, and im 10-5 now.... and actually i am in the in playoffs with a win next week and a loss by one and only one team in the next two weeks.... YOU, all the teams you listed are who you are battling for that last wildcard spot.

Infact, i might go from 4-5 to a FIRST ROUND BYE. im not 100% of it and havent looked into it but the way i see it is YOUR counting your chickens before they hatch by saying what you said... Since all the pressure is on YOU now...

So GL with your game against vishal, i beat him, stang could only put up 3 points, and i see your future now....(putting hands around my neck)

......CHOKE

GL friend(y)

6. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

edited the title just for dunlap

7. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

DIZAMMM!!! OX COULD WIN THE AFC SOUTH WITH A TEXANS LOSS AND A WIN NEXT WEEK.

CHICKENS HAVE NOT ONLY HATCH THEY FLEW THE COOP SO ARE EVEN ON MY PLATE TONIGHT.