Week 16: Cowboys at Cardinals

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by sibellius, Oct 21, 2010.

1. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

Note: This recap comes from a replay after a first game that got disconnected in which the Cards were getting stomped and down by two scores in the third quarter, thanks in part to a 99 yd kick return from Dez Bryant.

The undefeated Dallas Cowboys survived a close game in Glendale this week, defeating the Arizona Cardinals 28-24. The Cowboys, with the help of NFL leading rusher Felix Jones, managed to almost double the Cardinals time of possession and deny Leinart and company a chance to get back in the game. The first score of the game came from a 56 yard strike from Romo to Roy Williams, putting Dallas up 7-0. Arizona was able to respond with a solid drive that ended with a TD pass to Steve Breaston and tied the game back up.

After a Cowboys 3 and out in the second quarter, Leinart found Breaston again for a 56 yd TD. As the Cowboys tried to respond, Cards CB Gregory Toler picked off Romo and ran it all the way in to put the Cardinals up 21-7 on the NFL's only unbeaten team.

Dallas got the ball back and quickly drove down the field, ending the drive with a rushing TD from Jones. With less than 30 seconds to go until half time, Arizona was able to get into field goal range and set Jay Feely up for a 49 yd FG. The score at half was 24-14.

The Cowboys came out of the locker room with a new sense of purpose. For the rest of the second half, the Dallas defense kept Arizona out of the red zone and picked Leinart off twice, including one by Jamar Wall that was run back for a TD. Cowboys RB Marion Barber also found the end zone on a short run in the 3rd quarter, putting Dallas up 28-24. At this point it was all about time management and running the clock for Dallas in which they executed to perfection up until the end of the game.

The Cardinals travel to San Francisco next week to take on division rivals SF 49ers.

2. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Great recap man. The second game was pretty intense. The pick for 6 was an amazing play by your corner. I'm used to having Austin run that route with much more quickness, so Roy Williams hadn't cut enough yet and your corner jumped the route. I was down 21 to 7 in the 2nd quarter, so I was def getting worried that my undefeated streak was coming to a end. On top of that, Felix got hurt and left the game. In the second half I was finally able to get some pressure on you and force you to make some bad throws which won me the game.

3. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

Yeah surprisingly Toler has played as good as if not better than DRC this season. My game plan was to try to stay conservative and not to force too many throws but thats exactly what I ended up doing. There were at least three or four throws in the first half that I was sure were going to be picked but I got lucky. Your defense was the toughest I've played so far and definitely locked me down in the second half. And when your offense was on the field, my defense couldn't get any pressure and gave up way too many third down conversions. I'm happy with the outcome overall and that it wasn't a total blowout haha.