Week 16 Emergency Day?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BadaBing319, Nov 2, 2010.

1. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Hey guys, not sure how this process works, but there are multiple IMPORTANT games that may need to stretch to Wednesday to get played. Here's how things stand as of 2:45 PM pacific time:

Unplayed Games
    Carolina @ Pittsburgh - emergency day (Wednesday) needed
    Dallas @ Arizona - D/C'd twice Tuesday; possible attempt Tuesday night
    San Francisco @ St. Louis - no show Monday night from St. Louis; not much in the way of communication from Bruce
    Houston @ Denver - not played Monday - no response since from Houston
    Indianapolis @ Oakland - Jeremy may need emergency day based on weather
    San Diego @ Cincinnati - scheduled for Tuesday night after 5:00 PM eastern tiime

Carolina/Pittsburgh & Indianapolis/Oakland are two that appear will definitely need the emergency day. Depending on if/when Moogle shows up to let me know when he can play, our game may need to be pushed out too. San Francisco/St. Louis (HUGE divisional game) is still outstanding now and no scheduled time to be played.

I'd hate to punish the rest of the league and hold things up a day, but many of these games are just too important to be left to chance via sim. Thoughts?

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

The emergency day is there for a reason. If there is already one game scheduled at that time, we HAVE to use the emergency day.

Owners will just have to get over it.

3. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Bruce needed a sub at the end of the last advance I think it was for a week he may need it again.

4. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I don't know if you saw in the blast chat earlier, badabing, but dritsch has been calling for a sub. he claims that Bruce no showed him last night, but if you look in the thread, that doesn't really appear to be the case. Bruce posted that he had sent a pm to dritsch. Dritsch has said that he didn't get that pm, and also that Bruce has not responded to him (dritsch) on aim or pm on these forums. I mentioned to dritsch that Bruce posted he would be available tonight at 6:45pm pacific, and dritsch said he shouldn't have to wait until then and he may be unavailable, but he has a sub ready to go earlier this evening than that.

Not sure what to do with this mess, but it could have been avoided with proper scheduling and not the "hit me up on aim" crap.

I also agree, though, that this time of year, where most games have implications, we could show a little leeway when asking for the emergency day. (and I'm honestly saying that objectively and not for personal reasons)

5. BadaBing319

Yeah, I think the posts have gotten sloppy - too many guys are planning on meeting "sometime tonight" and when that doesn't happen, we end up in this situation. Schedule a specific time to play and show up. Communicate if something comes up that prevents you from making that time. Not that hard...

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Then we need to crack down on posts.

Personally, I say that you have to set up at least one timeframe on forums. And both owners have to either start/reply to a thread within 48 hours. If they don't, whomever doesn't is subject to sub/sim if both owners don't post.

Posting schedules is a pet peeve of mine. That's why we have the forums. Just need a friendly reminder that forums are primary means of communication.

7. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I couldn't read this whole thread, but if we have to use emergency day then so be it. playoff spots on the line for a lot of those games. owners need a good talking too though.

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I agree. Scheduling has really fallen off.

Bada, if you need some ball-busting help, let me know.

9. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

Just trying to get things straight here:

4 games left

Carolina @ Pittsburgh - tentatively scheduled for 8pm central tonight, waiting on confirmation from Jethro
    Dallas @ Arizona - is this going to be a straight sim?
    Houston @ Denver - sub needed for Texans at 10pm central tonight, sub cannot be involved in AFC playoff picture
    Indianapolis @ Oakland - scheduled for 10:30pm central tonight

10. BadaBing319

My game with Houston is so important for both teams. I'm going to see what the latest time he can play is. If I can make it happen so that he can play the game, I'll do that. Otherwise, I'll need to line up a sub for 8:00 PM. Dave, are you available?