Week 16 Falcons and Saints split the Series

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by Michael Overman, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

[​IMG]

The Saints and Falcons expect to have many important clashes in the years to come. The Saints took the first game of the season from the Falcons with maximum ease and that was in Atlanta. The Falcons came into New Orleans wanting to salvage some respect in what has been a disappointing season.

The Saints were without Drew Brees…they started without Drew Brees…and ended with Brian Hoyer. The Saints seem to take whatever came their way and seemed unfazed at the QB injuries. Matt Ryan also went down for the season and was replaced by old Falcons Matt Schaub.

This game would come down to a field goal. I think the deciding factor was the turnover battle as the Falcons had 4 takeaways compared to the Saints two take aways. For New Orleans Safety Jarius Byrd had two INT's and played his heart out. FA money well spent perhaps. The Falcons got some interceptions (1 each) from LB Spruill and CB Wilson. There was also two Forced Fumbles for the Falcons by CB Alford and Pro Bowl Falcons safety William Moore.

Good Game ThaBayouChef

Notable stats:

Falcons:
    Julio Jones 4 catches 106 yards
    Harry Douglas 2 catches 26 yards 1 TD

Saints:
    Jimmy Graham 5 catches 58 yards
    Brandin Cooks 2 catches 59 yards
    Mark Ingram 17 carries 117 yards 1 TD

[​IMG]

(Sorry I had more…but my computer shutdown on me…and I lost everything)

• Like Like x 2