Week 16: Giants(26) vs Panthers (0)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Dean, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Dean

Dean Walk On

Week 16: Giants(26) vs Panthers (0)

Giants received the opening kick and took it down the field, scoring on a Jonathan Stewart 6 yard run. Kenny Phillips picked Jake Delhomme on the next drive setting up a short field. Eli to Stewart from 14 yards put the Giants up 14-0. From then on both defenses stepped up not allowing the other in the endzone. Tynes kicked 4 FG's, 2 in the 2nd, 1 in the 3rd, and 1 in the 4th.

The story of this game was the impressive play of the Giants front 7, as they kept Deangelo bottled up all game. Antonio Pierce was all over field, recording 7 solo tackles and 4 assisted. Secondary had 3 picks, but they were able to sit back because of the great play from up front.

NY Giants Stats
    E. Manning: 14-20 186 yards 1 TD
    J. Stewart: 21 carries 98 yards 1 TD; 1 rec 14 yards 1 TD
    S. Smith: 5 rec 45 yards
    K. Phillips: 2 INT

Carolina Panthers Stats
    J. Delhomme: 6-20 72 yards 3 INT
    D. Williams: 9 carries 8 yards
    E.Brown: 7 tackles 2 sacks
    J. Peppers: 3 tackles 1 FF

2. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

My team was just out matched in this game. Giants front 7 were able to bring down D.Williams by grazing a finger on him, while J.Stewart continued to break tackle after tackle. Which in turned allowed the Giants D to sit back in a zone and when ever there was a open WR deep Delhomme managed to throw the ball no wear near his intended receiver. Looks like I will be playing in the Best of the Rest tournament. Good Luck to the sole NFC South representative in the Playoffs the Atlanta Falcons.

3. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

I love this league, every week something amazing pops up. Claven keep it up, bad game is all.