Week 16: Jets(21) @ Steelers(38)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jeremy, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Week 16: Jets(21) @ Steelers(38)

Steelers jumped on the board first as RB Stefan Logan took the games opening kickoff and weaved his way along the right sideline for 97 yds and the score.After the Steelers defense forced a Jets punt, RB Larry Johnson scampered off the left side for a 63 yd scoring run.

1st Quarter
    Steelers-14
    Jets-0

The Jets struck back as big Charles Grant took a deflected Kerry Collins pass to the house for the 62 yd INT return. The Steelers wouldnt go into the halftime locker room quietly. On the next offensive play after the Int., LJ again showed off power and speed as he took a simple dive play, designed to run out the clock, and broke multiple tackles and sped his way to paydirt for the 64yd TD.

Halftime
    Steelers-24
    Jets-7

The third qtr scoring was quiet as both offenses tried to get into a rythym. The only scoring in this quarter was a 3 yd goalline TD run by the Steelers Larry Johnson.

3rd Qtr.
    Steelers-31
    Jets-7

The Jets led by their young star QB Mark Sanchez come roaring back. A 2yd TD pass from Sanchez to FB Jason McKie and a 4yd TD run by outstanding rookie RB Leron James bring the Jets to within 10 with 3:40 remaining in the game.

But the Steelers still had some fight in them as they put the game away on a Collins to Hines Ward 15yd TD pass with less than a minute on the clock.

Final

Steelers-38
    Jets-21

MVP

Larry Johnson
    15 att. 171yds, 3 TDs

GG Dave. I got the feeling you believed my last TD was unnecessary but you were going to use your timeouts and a FG would still only put me up by 13 with plenty of time for you to take the kickoff to the house and quickly recover an onsides kick. I do not think it was unsportsmanlike but if I am wrong I apologize.

Good luck rest of the year.(y)