Week 16: St. Louis @ Tampa Bay

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by BirdDog1980, Nov 12, 2012.

1. BirdDog1980

BirdDog1980 Walk On

Mar 27, 2012
    St. Louis - 17

Tampa Bay - 35

In a game that had major playoff implications, Tampa Bay would convert 4 redzone opportunities into TDs and go on to win 35-17, to go into the Week 17 rematch vs Atlanta with a playoff spot on the line.

Fumblitis is an incurable disease, and it is very contagious. Both teams fumbled the ball multiple times. Rams fumbled the ball 4 times, and Tampa Bay fumbled 3 times. The difference was that all 4 of the Rams fumbles resulted in turnovers, and Tampa's fumbles only resulted in 1 turnover... they were able to recover one, and another was overturned by replay. It was borderline ridiculous how many fumbles there were.

After a horrid game last week vs the Saints, Josh Freeman bounced back with a vengence. With the season on the line, he would go 12-14, for 218yds, and 2 TDs both to Vincent Jackson, and Freeman would put up a perfect 158.3 passer rating in what was possibly his best performance of the year.

The running game for both teams was shut down for the most part, however, all 3 of Tampa's backs (Martin, Blount, Graham) would reach the endzone. Rams RB Steven Jackson had a few big runs, but 2 of them resulted in fumbles.

At WR, Vincent Jackson and Danny Amendola were the stars of the game. Both would go over 100 yds receiving, and both would find the endzone. Jackson with 2 TDs, and Amendola with 1. Jackson has really come on strong in the 2nd half of the season for the Bucs. He is just a few yards shy of 1,500 and has 13 TDs on the year and is a lock for the Pro Bowl.

GG recchem2000 Excellent opponent and good sim player. Take the fumbles away and this would've been a close one.
  2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Feb 24, 2009

Good game man. Jackson reamed me all day. Couldnt cover the dude. The fumbles in that game were just killers for me. And the one that you got back from review didnt help the cause. Regardless, you outplayed me for sure. Good luck making the playoffs!