Week 16 Titans vs. Steelers

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by yankeery25, Jan 13, 2011.

1. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

@Taken I can play tomorrow night

2. Taken

Taken Walk On

3. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

@do you have a specific time you want to play at? because I can make my schedule around that

4. Taken

Taken Walk On

no I dont we can play tonight anytime I am on eastern time so.. let me know soon so We can be ready to go
    @yankeery25

5. Taken

Taken Walk On

well its 6:16pm my time now so what time do you want to play let me know soon ?

6. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

I can play anytime, I'll be online. msg me at giantsrool36

7. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

8. Taken

Taken Walk On

I am getting online just now got this message

9. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

10. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

You guys have disconnect problems? Have both of you downloaded the latest roster from the EA server? Having two different rosters can cause disconnect issues, even if we arent using the updated copies.

11. Taken

Taken Walk On

NO oUR connection is fine he keeps quiting everytime I score, He keeps saying its me but i checked my connection I have a upload speed of 1.5 plus I have my own line. everytime it says he is quiting we played like 5 games last time he quit i was up 17 to 7 with 2mins left before halftime which I get ball at half!

12. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

This is exactly the type of thing we do NOT do in our league. We're adults, we act like adults. Don't point fingers at anybody. If you have a complaint, you bring it to me, period. Don't air it on the forums. I won't repeat myself.

I will address disconnect stuff in the next podcast.

13. Taken

Taken Walk On

ok my bad your right, I wasnt thinking so what do we do now ! I dont care to restart the game 0 to 0 I am not playing for anything anyway
    @Keller

14. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

There is an issue whith blocked XP's. Just a thought though, did the disconnect happen after a botched XP? If an XP is blocked, or there is a flag on the XP there is a chance the game will just end abruptly.

15. Keller

The game was simmed.

16. Taken

Taken Walk On

well I think we need some rules on how to redue games with back connections or whatever I dont think its right just to sim games and give one of the players a loss, in this case it doesnt matter because we wasnt playing for anything but what if the game meant something you just cant sim and have the chance to give someone a loss and kick them out of getting in the playoffs or anything.... For next season we all need to talk and come up with rules and regulations that we all agree on.

@Keller

17. Keller

1. Update your roster
    2. remove the routers from the equation
    3. play a different time of day the next day/night
    4. deal with it
    5. take the sim

There really isnt much else to do and that should all be common knowledge at this point.

18. Keller

@ the both of you - the discussion should revolve around how to prevent this sort of thing not what happened. This will not turn into a shouting match, I will make sure of that so stop pointing fingers.

19. Taken

Taken Walk On

I told you I am done pointing fingers. I said it was my bad already, But on my end I dont play with my router I have a direct line with my modem, and I have my own connection I am just saying in the future if I am in a playoff game or the season just started so all games matter If I know or someone knows its not them I dont think its fair for that person just to take the sim!

@Keller

20. Keller

There will never be a 100% tried and true way of saying 'its not my fault' as far as connections go. If connections are bad, they're bad. We can try to mitigate certain problem areas but if its still bad theres nothing we can do.

You either play through it or you try it so many times and then just say screw it. Unfortunately theres no real solution.

21. Taken

Taken Walk On

ok well thanks for trying to answer my questions and I'am sorry for pointing fingers again that will not happen again This is my fault for waiting for the last sec to play my game, I will have to try to play sooner next time,

@Keller

22. Keller

No problem. Good luck next season and in the draft.