Week #16

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by scared46, Feb 13, 2010.

1. scared46

scared46 Walk On

Aug 16, 2009
    Week #16

Lions travel Minnesota to try and revenge their lost early in the season. This game was all about the big plays. There were 6 plays that were over 40yds or more. the game went back and forth all game long until Lions forced a turnover and went up by 17 going into the fourth quarter. Vikings forced some key stop with turn overs and then before the game was tied 38 to 38...

..But before Vikings scored that tying TD the Lions march down the field and had a chance to ice the game and giving them a 10 lead with under 2minutes to go...Lion's FG Kicked missed it!!!!...

After Viking score the tying TD on the next kick off...RB L.Booker returns the kick off for a TD!!! Lions hold on defense and get a win. GG Tank always a good game with you...GL in the playoffs
  2. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Sep 18, 2009
    Yes I will cry myself to sleep but will take solace in the fact that Peterson made it through the game without getting hurt.

Great game and great gameplan. Don't forget to hurt as many Packers as you can next week ;)
  3. Thelou

Thelou Walk On

Jul 24, 2009
    Jags vs Chargers

Jags traveled to San Diego to face the Bolts in a thunderstorm. The rain was pouring and the balls were dropping everywhere. The game started off tight with the Jags getting on the board first with a 48 yd TD run by MJD. The Jags would miss a FG and the opportunity to go up 10-0. Instead the Chargers get the ball and drive the field to get the score on a TD pass by Rivers to Jackson and tie the game at 7-7 to end the 1st qtr.

In the 2nd qtr the Jags are threatening at the Chargers 5 yd line but James throws a pick and Cromartie takes it 95 yds for the TD to give the Chargers a 14-7 lead. The Bolts defense would play tough all day and punish the ball carriers for the Jags. After getting a big hit on James, Garrard comes in at QB and tosses a TD pass to Lelie to tie the game at 14-14. The Chargers were driving right before the half but the Jags have an awesome defense as well. CB Mathis picks off a Rivers pass and returns it 100yds to give the Jags the lead at halftime 21-14.

James would come back into the game in the 3rd qtr just in time to throw a TD pass to TE Squirek to push the lead to 28-14 Jags. James would get knocked out of the game for the 3rd and final time and Garrard would be at the helm again. Garrard would lead the Jags to another score after a TD pass to Thomas to make it 35-14 Jags after three. The Jags defense would dominate the entire 2nd half and not let the Chargers score. Garrard proved that he is still a quality player if James should get hurt. He finished 5 of 6 for 86 yds and 2 TDs. Coach Lou has all the confidence in Garrard and now feels good heading into the post season. The Jags still have to finish strong next week against the Texans to wrap up the division. Hopefuly everyone will be healthy and ready to knock some heads.

Final score Jags 35, Chargers 14. GG n GL Luis.
  4. bigmandy54

bigmandy54 mac54

Nov 14, 2009
    Cardinals played the Raiders in week 16 it was a wild first half with the score 28-21 cardinals but in the 2half Cardinals defense made some turnover and they stop the raiders from running the ball. it was a great game final score 52-34

stats of the game

J.Russell 349yards 2td 3int 16-32
    D.Mcfadden 29yards on 8 att and 2td
    Z.Miller 6rec 128yards 0td

M.Ryan 18-22 257 yards and 3td
    and rookie sensation D.Middlebrook ran for 30 att 243yards with 2td
    L.Fitzgerald 5rec 78yards 1td
    and A.Jackson (dt) 3tack and 1 sack

gg and gl rest of the year!
  5. Luis

Luis Walk On

Jul 27, 2009
    GG Lou and nice way to run up the score on me!!!! just kidding :p !!!! Good luck in the playoffs!!
  6. Kan

Kan Walk On

Jul 24, 2009
    I had a long write up about the Skins/Cowboys game but the stupid fucking site ate it.

The Skins and Cowboys would battle it out with the Skins winning with a short Portis rush with under 3minutes left in the game.

The long write up was pretty awesome and just wanted this site fucking blows.
  7. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Feb 20, 2009
    The site ate Kan's homework... :)
  8. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Feb 20, 2009
    BALTIMORE, MD - Many happy returns in M&T Bank Stadium as the Ravens ride big plays to a win over Cincinnati. Things started off well for the Bengals, stopping the first Raven drive and then mounting a drive of their own. They would score first on a FG. Facing a 3rd and short, the Ravens got their first big play as Rice took a handoff, hit a seam and outraced the Bengal D for 53 yards. The Ravens would then turn to defense and stop the Bengal attack. Into the second, Tim Tribow had his best run of the year. He took a sweep left, got a block on the edge and dove into the pylon for a 24 yard TD run. Palmer went to the air but Rakeem Jordan snared a short pass and burst up the middle of the field, returning the pick 35 yards. Palmer and company answered with a big drive capped off by a Jeremi Johnson TD. The Ravens answered with a big drive of their own, capped by Rice's short toss. With time ticking down, Palmer looked to answer one more time but Dom Foxworth picked off another pass and brought it back 85 yards as the half ended.

The Bengals added another FG from Price to open up the third quarter. On the next kickoff, the Ravens sealed the game as Webb made one cut up the gut and raced 104 yards for a kick return TD.

GG Stealth, we'll see you next year.

Rice - 14-114yds, 2 TD, 3 rec, 65 yds
    Ravens D - 4 INT, sack
    Bernard Scott - 9 car, 21 yds, 8 rec, 72 yds
  9. stealth

stealth Walk On

Aug 1, 2009
    Oh sure dont even mention the game that I was kicking your butt and you plugged the plug to get the easy win.lol j/k

I amazing How different 2 games can be.

!st game bengals defense was controlling the ravens run attack.
    2nd game rice was running at well and palmer picks and you see the results

gg mags

btw I guess I should in the 1st game I had barely taken a lead in the 3rd qrt so I might have fibbed about the butt kicking part.lol
  10. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Jul 8, 2009

Tennessee was one of the afternoon games this week and got to see both the Raiders and the Bengals lose. This meant win and you're in for the Titans. Jake Scott went 14 of 18 on the day and threw for 2 TD's and 0 int's. The Titans secured the a birth in the playoffs and depending on what happens with Jacksonville next week will have a chance at even winning the division for the second consecutive year. Second year TE Jared Cook Jr. continues to emerge as a Jake Scott recipient for a 100 yard game. After a 97 yard TD run by Slaton the Titans followed immediately with their own 72 yard TD on the first play from scrimmage with Chris Johnson. Boths backs ran for over 100. Tennessee moves to 9-6 on the year and trail rival Jacksonville by one game heading into the last week of the season.

GG to Hendrikx and I'm glad we got to play in this crucial game for both.
  11. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Oct 8, 2009
    Like Kan, i had a nice write up for the game but the site ate it too, next time it happens ill make sure i copy it before i try and post:)

In the first game, the rams came into the game looking to get back to there roots with the running game. The past few games, steven jackson had been seeing exclusively 8 or 9 in the box and was struggling. Going into the forth, Steven Jackson had almost 200 yards rushing and the rams had a 16 point lead. The game apparent froze on a bronco kickoff with both parties saying they were at the "continue vs CPU" screen.

After the restart, the rams once again wanted the lean heavily on the run but the broncos had seen all the formations and play tendencies and almost completly took the run away. Bulger took control and with long passes and good defense, the rams were ahead 31-10 at the half. Trying not to run up the score, the rams laid back a bit and the broncos responded and got the game back to one possession twice. Time and a missed onside kicked ended the broncos hope as the stay undefeated and win with a score of 38-31

GG dross, please review the rules on going for it on 4th down and GL in the playoffs, im sure there is a good chance we will meet again.