Week 17 Bears vs Lions

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Anthrax78, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

Aug 7, 2012

Coach Martin Westcott Gets First Win In Hard Fought Battle With Rival Bears
    "Lets get one thing straight, six and ten is unacceptable under any circumstances with the talent this team has" Coach Westcott replied after his first professional win. A 31-24 victory over the playoff hopeful Chicago Bears. "It feels good to get the win, but I let the guys know during practice this week that every week is going to be full effort. The way Atlanta handled us last week I felt that guys packed it in and that never flies with me, even in this losing culture this franchise has developed for decades. This bullshit ends now and you can print that!" Coach Westcott concluded.
    Detroit responded when Alphonso Smith took a pick 6 to the house to give Detroit a 7 point lead early. He added another in the game to give Detroit a much needed boost with a secondary that has been lackluster all season. Martin Westcott even let Nick Fairley and Ronnell Lewis start on the d-line, who both saw limited playing time all year. They responded with 2 sacks for Fairley and Suh added 2 more for himself. "Getting pressure on Cutler is key every game for us, we just need to build for next season and change this losing formula" Suh said, one of the few Lion bright spots this season on the defensive side.
    "I win over a division rival is great, but don't think that Coach Lukas Smith is not going to be out for blood next season. Especially the way Chicago plays on the defensive side of the ball which only means more work for us" Coach Westcott said during the press conference. "So in other words, I'm not celebrating and hitting the scouting for our draft. I owe the fans and this organization as much"
    Detroit had a solid 24-10 lead in the fourth then Chicago came out and scored a quick TD and Jahvid Best fumbled. Then the Ford Field boo-birds came out expecting another defensive fold but rookie corner Chris Greenwood intercepted Cutler for the third time that afternoon to seal the victory. Westcott might be on to something playing the young guys since the standard starters really didn't do much all season.
    There's always next year Lions fans, not that we've never heard that before!
    Stafford 11/19 162 yrds 2td 2int​
    Cutler 16/24 226 yrds 1ts 3int​
    Best 26 att 96 yrds​
    Forte 18 att 64 yrds 2 td​
    Johnson Jr 4 rec 89 yrd 1 td​
    Marshall 5 rec 85 yrds​

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
    • Like Like x 1