WEEK 17 CARDINALS FINISH THE REGULAR SEASON STRONG WITH A WIN IN SAN FRAN.....

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by Mugga, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Mugga

Mugga Walk On

[​IMG]

Well it was the 1st week 17 game in the new Levi Stadium and it was definitely a game fans won't forget...San Fran head coach decided to rest there starters in this weeks game with this decision with a loss the 49ers could be out of Home Field thru out the playoffs...The 1st quarter both teams were feeling each other out both teams went scoreless early in the game. Back up QB Josh Johnson struggled in this game trying to move the ball against this pro bowl Defense . In the 2nd quarter the Red birds take a early 3-0 lead but then Antonio Cromartie picks off josh Johnson that play there gave there offense decent field position.Christian Ponder was sacked for a 9yd loss so on 3rd and 19 with 6 seconds left in the half Christian Ponder finds TE- Kellen Winslow for a 31yd Td giving the cardinals a 10-0 lead. Jonathan Joseph started at corner so when he got traded to the Cardinals this offseason he wasn't to happy when he was told he will be playing nickle cornerback 90 percent of this season he wasn't a big fan of this but he said "I will contribute to my team the best way I can so we can try to win each game we play week in and week out".It took him some time but week 17 is when he finally came alive sacking Josh Johnson 2 times and forcing to big fumbles this game in the 3rd and 4th quarters.The second half was pretty much a ground and pound game for the Cardinals in the second half they controlled the clock and got the win 24-7
    Reporters after the game ask the Arizona Cardinals why did he play his starters majority of the game ?
    Arizona Head coach replied: My players will play each and every snap like it's there last they can rest at seasons end.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mugga

Mugga Walk On

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kevin Gomez

Kevin Gomez Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1